It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan court orders men's ears, noses hacked off

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Source

Islamabad, Pakistan (CNN) -- A court in Lahore, Pakistan, has ordered that two men have their noses and ears chopped off, after the two were convicted of doing the same to a young woman.

The anti-terrorism court also ordered that brothers Ammanat Ali, 29, and Sher Mohammed, 27, spend life in prison and pay 700,000 rupees ($8,300) in compensation to the victim, Punjab province chief prosecutor Chaudary Mohammed Jahangir said Tuesday.

The sentence was handed down Monday in accordance with Islamic law and the country's anti-terror laws, the prosecutor said.

The woman and her family had rejected an offer of marriage from Sher Mohammed, the officer who investigated the case said.

The two men attacked the woman, Fazeelat Bibi, 22, on September 28, in the village of Zafarkey, southwest of Lahore, Inspector Hakim Ali said. Along with their cousin Mohammed Ali and two other men, they hid, stopped Bibi on her way home from work, and strangled her with a wire, the officer said.

When they thought she was dead, they cut off her nose and ears, Ali said.

They mutilated her "to set an example," prosecutor Jahangir said.

I'm not quite sure what to think of this. I will say this is a different way of looking at capital punishment lol. These men will have their ears an nose chopped off. That is if doctors say they can survive the punishment.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
This happens every day in Pakistan. Most people just don't report it.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
An eye for an eye. When I just saw the blurb in the title of your thread, I shook my head and thought 'what the hell is wrong w/ humanity?'. But on further review...... good. give them their just deserts. Now they will know what it feels like to go through life like that. asses. donkeys. holes.

join