It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My email account has been hacked!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I tried to log into my email account three days ago and it says my password is incorrect. I thought this was some kind of fluke so I tried again yesturday and I still couldn't get in. I have been using this same email account and password for over 6 years now and I have never had this kind of problem. I have around 25,000 messages on there that have accumulated over the years. I like to keep them for future references, but his has only used up about a fourth of my availabe in box. Anyway, I tried to click on forget my password so that I could maybe reset it. So it asks me this secret question that I never put in there, so there was no way I would have an answer to it. I checked the caplocks and every other stupid thing that I could have done and there is no explaination. I have been running a blog for sometime about stuff I find on the internet referring to OB. I feel like my account is being gone through and read by government agents. I am putting this here to tell people that there is a good chance that I am being checked out. Is anyone else having similar experiences?

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Email accounts get hacked all the time so its no big deal

And no, its not the government but most likely some skript kids bruteforcing their way in.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Well, if it was the government hacking into your email, I should think that they would have sophisticated methods as to not make it so obvious. But, they seem to becoming more and more brazen lately, so perhaps they have stopped bothering with trying to hide anything. He DID promise transparency.

Plus, with everyone that will come on here and declare you a fraud, fake, etc.... coupled with anyone speaking out about Obama being labeled as an extreme right-wing nutjob......... It wouldn't surprise me to find that they no longer deem it worthy of covering their tracks since anyone that mentions something strange gets ridiculed anyway. I think it helps their cause of divide and conquer more so than anything else.

Perhaps if you mentioned your Email service provider, anyone that uses the same will be able to say whether or not they have experienced similar problems? Perhaps the SERVICE was hacked, and not just you. Just a thought.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Contact your email provider, they can likely assist you in regaining control over your account. Also I highly suggest moving to a secure password that meets strict criteria of being no less than 10 characters, mixed case, number and if possible special characters, ex: as14kdlF!s would be a excellent password and stand up to average attacks against it. Also check the settings and see if its possible to turn on SSL For your email account so that any traffic between you and the server is encrypted for added security.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by prophecywatcher

No biggy huh??? Except that my ex pretended he was me on this site..... I normally would not be bothered, but OZ weatherman shook me up, and now im back in northumberland with the snow..... lol..........

MK ULTRA... Muse.... it replaces happiness with you... And YOU are loosing control.......................... UK.. Cowes.. 13 granville road....yeah US...Just coz i was x-sf................ Can speak hebrew/aramaic/conversational... NIGHT XXX Tesr me haxx

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Yeah I would be much more inclined to think kids or hackers...I think if there was something of some value the goverment would weasel their way in but never shut you down so they can keep getting their juicy info

What exactly is in there that would be worth anything to the govt?

-Kyo

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

I don't think I have anything to worry about, but a person who says anything about the pres could be considered a terrorist and then be investigated. So much for free speech. This does not surprise me at all because I could have guessed this was coming. I had two accounts and they were both broken into. By the way, they had two different passwords.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
So contact your email provider and tell them.... That is, if you want to get it fixed. They will investigate, and get it fixed for you....

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Gmail's do get hacked every day, the same applies to yahoo mails. Given that you have a secret question i assume its a public email service. As mentioned above, apart from contacting the admins and hope they will help you out, i would also check your computer as it may have a key logger, that is, if your ex was computer savvy.

top topics

join