It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Day The Sun Stood Still...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Howard Roak, its possible that the external force that happens to halt the rotation of the Earth is a massive celestial body, which some might call Planet X, Nibiru, Erectheus, and WormWood according to the bible.

It is possible that this massive celestial body comes close to the orbit of the earth thus, the Orbit is affected because of the gravity this large celestial body holds.

BTW, the pope has recently said that wormwood is coming very very very soon.

I will be waiting.

[Edited on 24-5-2004 by The Quiet Storm]

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Hello Genya, nice to meet you.

Darkness could be caused by the same event(s); meteor, massive forest fires, volcanic erruptions, all of these have caused darkness to fall over the earth at one time or another. We know for a fact that in the mid 500 AD the earth underwent something close to what we call a Nuclear winter; very dark, very cold for 3 years in a row. We believe a meteor or volcano was responsible for this. We know this because all Trees found this old have the rings at this time marker reflecting severe weather conditions, almost worldwide.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
TQS, You are asking about two separate things: the Earth�s rotation about its axis and the Earths orbit around the sun.

Yes it is theoretically possible for a large celestial mass to enter the solar system and disrupt the orbits of the planets, but I think that that is rather unlikely. Planets just don�t show up out of nowhere.

The only way for this so-called planet X to change the rotation of the Earth would be if it struck the Earth in a glancing blow. This is what scientists think happened when the moon was formed 4.5 million years ago.

The whole idea that a �rogue� planet can show up and cause the Earth to stop rotating then start up again is the deluded fantasy of a puppy killing lunatic.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Actually no, its not a deluded "fantasy".

First Nancy WAS NOT the first and only source of planet X. Ancient texts spoke of it, so did the bible (wormwood), the sumerians (nibiru), and the greeks called it Erectheus.

Not only that, this same body was discovered by IRAS only to be never mentioned again.

2. Nancy is not "crazy", just heavily misguided. I beleive she actually is in contact with Zeta reticuli, but those Zetas are on the same side as the ones who want to keep us in bondage, SO, they are giving her information which is truth mixed with fiction, and telling Nancy that this is the whole truth, and telling her to spread the disinformation to the masses.

IMO its part of a big scheme of disinformation, and also to make the woman sound crazy since she doesn't seem to trust her SELF as in Spirit, more than she trusts those aliens. (Zetas)

I think there is a Planet X, but it won't happen exactly how the Zetas or Nancy says it will happen.

Howard Roak, you ARE spending alot of your precious time trying to "debunk" ideas similar to this (why?), and with no success either.

If you want a short lesson in physics, I have something for you to read:

IMPORTANT: A SHORT-FREE OF CHARGE-LESSON IN PHYSICS...
www.rumormillnews.com...

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Quiet Storm
Not only that, this same body was discovered by Nasa only to be never mentioned again.

You mean IRAS, where they said that it could be a distant galaxy and that in no way that it was anything incoming?

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Actually I changed it. According to my knowledge NASA never announced the discovery of Planet X.

Although IRAS did discover it back in 1983, as you seemed to have already read from the article I have provided in another one of my posts.

Personally.. I think the IRAS could have tried to keep it hush hush that it IS heading our way....

That is not to say that at the time of the discovery they could not determine whether it was coming our way or not, but the fact that it was never mentioned again (EVER) I think would suggest that they have also discovered shortly after that the celestial body was heading our way.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Actually I changed it. According to my knowledge NASA never announced the discovery of Planet X.

Maybe because there is nothing to announce, they are looking, they found Sedna. I watched the sunset last night. Right time and Right place, an object close to us would have an effect, I don't see any.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Planet X is burried within the dark cloud which is coming strait at us. That is why it cannot be seen. It can be seen with an infared telescope but the one needed to see it in the southern hemesphere burned down a while back. Gee, I wonder how that happened?

The war on terrorism is really a cover for this event which is about to happen. The Nefilm (Hope I spelt that right) are also coming if they are not already here. Maybe they and planet X are the same thing and where do you supose they will return to first?

The last place they left when they were here before. Maybe this has something to do with the rothchilds going off gold? They will need all of it.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark

Originally posted by ashley
Everything slows down.

In the absence of an external force, an object in motion will remain in motion indefinitely
MAYBE DARK MATTER AND/OR GRAVITY COULD BE THE EXTERNAL FORCE

Yes there is friction involved in the rotation of the Earth. Friction caused by the tidal movement of the air and oceans across the surface of the Earth, even space dust causes friction. If the Earth were a barren sphere with no atmosphere and no oceans, spinning in a perfect vacuum, then it would spin forever. BUT ITS NOT.
I THINK THE PULL OF GRAVITY IS CAUSING FRICTION,GRAVITY FROM DARK MATTER.

a good site explaining the slowing of the Earth.

Friction is gravity,quit quoting Newton and think for yourself. Is there friction in zero gravity.

No, friction is not gravity. They are two different things entirely. Are you stating that Newton is wrong?
TRUE, FRICTION IS NOT GRAVITY BUT GRAVITY COULD CAUSE FRICTION. LIKE OPPOSING MAGNETS, NO CONTACT BUT DEFINATELY A FORCE.

And the magnetic poles are not the same thing as the rotational poles. Yes the magnetic poles have flipped in the past. When this happens, magnetic north changes, but �true north� never does.
IF A COMPASS WAS USED IN SPACE, WHERE WOULD NORTH BE? IS THERE A NORTH IN THE UNIVERSE?

The rotational poles have never �flipped.� Nor is it likely that they ever will as long as the laws of physics remain unchanged.
MAYBE

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   

In the absence of an external force, an object in motion will remain in motion indefinitely
MAYBE DARK MATTER AND/OR GRAVITY COULD BE THE EXTERNAL FORCE

Newton�s first law states �An object at rest tends to stay at rest and an object in motion tends to stay in motion with the same speed and in the same direction unless acted upon by an unbalanced force.�

In an ideal situation, with no friction, a rotating body will rotate forever. Period. That is what Newton was saying.

Now the rotation of the Earth is not quite an ideal situation. The gravitational pull from both the moon and the sun cause tidal motion in the Earth�s oceans. This in turn causes tidal friction as the oceans bump up against the continents as the tides rise and fall.

This is what is causing the Earth�s rotation to slow. Please note that because of the mass of the Earth, this is a very, very slow process. This has been going on for billions of years and it is not going to stop tomorrow.

The presence or absence of dark matter has little to do with this.

Now space is not a perfect vacuum and the Earth also passes through tons of cosmic dust on a daily basis (about 40,000 kg /day). To a degree, this influx of dusts and debris also adds to the friction of the Earth�s rotation and orbit. But, because this cosmic dust is mostly coming in from all directions at the same time, the effects tend to cancel each other out.

Let us suppose your fabled planet X actually existed. Let us say that there was a planetary body that passed between the sun and the Earth. exactly midway between the Earth and Venus. Based on various tables of astronomical data, the distance to the point half way between the Earth and Venus is approximately 54 times the average distance from the Earth to the moon.

Since the mass of the moon is 1/81 of the mass of the Earth, if the mass of planet X was 10 times more massive that the earth, it would be 810 times more massive then the moon.

Since Newton�s laws state that the force of gravity between two objects is a function of the mass of those objects divided by the square of the distance between the objects, that means that the force of gravity that this hypothetical planet X would exert on the earth would be 810/(54*54), or 27% of the force exerted by the moon. Now if the lunar (and solar) tides have failed to stop the Earth�s rotation over the course of billions of years, then adding 27% will probably not make that much of a difference.

IF A COMPASS WAS USED IN SPACE, WHERE WOULD NORTH BE? IS THERE A NORTH IN THE UNIVERSE?

A compass in space would align itself to whatever magnetic fields were in the vicinity (solar, the Earth, your space craft, etc.).

It seems to me that the direction of North is space would be a purely philosophical question. Toward Polaris?

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   

First Nancy WAS NOT the first and only source of planet X. Ancient texts spoke of it, so did the bible (wormwood), the sumerians (nibiru), and the greeks called it Erectheus.

Sorry, but Wormwood is a star (check your Bible.)

Nibiru is not a planet in Sumerian mythology (I will be glad to point you to the original cuneiform as soon as I can find it. It's a title given to Marduk and is preceeded by other such names. They're called "throne names" -- technical term is "praenomen.")

Erectheus is a Greek hero-king. It is not the name of a planet. We have a lot of material about Greek astronomy and they only knew of five planets.

Not only that, this same body was discovered by IRAS only to be never mentioned again.

Okay ... so give us a link to this mysterious IRAS body that you say is Planet X. I think you'll find it was actually analzyed and identified.

2. Nancy is not "crazy", just heavily misguided.

Actually, she seems to be somewhat sociopathic and has advised things like having people kill their pets. She does believe her Imaginary Friends, however.

I beleive she actually is in contact with Zeta reticuli

The name itself is a clue that she's completely lost it. There is no reason for a civilization from one of two old stars (one supposedly an original disc star much older than the sun... any planets would be very metal-poor) should use a Greek name for their star and refer to themselves with the name of a constellation... that they can't possibly see unless they stand on Earth and look up at the sky and agree on the Greek terminology and meaning.

There is no way they could know what we called that star. Further, the name never comes up as an identified "place of aliens" before the abduction of Betty and Barney Hill and before the "homeworld" is tentatively identified from a very misproportioned drawing by a UFO researcher.

but those Zetas are on the same side as the ones who want to keep us in bondage, SO, they are giving her information which is truth mixed with fiction, and telling Nancy that this is the whole truth, and telling her to spread the disinformation to the masses.

Yeah, that was her excuse after her Planet X failed to materialize. She was trying very hard to hang onto her followers, most of whom deserted after her predictions were found to be a load of hogwash.

And there's not a lot of evidence that anyone is trying to keep humanity in bondage. Nancy (to be a bit mean-spirited) did try a lot of emotional tricks to keep her followers in bondage to her beliefs. After all, they represented money to her as long as they bought her stuff.

Howard Roak, you ARE spending alot of your precious time trying to "debunk" ideas similar to this (why?), and with no success either.

Board motto: Deny Ignorance

Just because a notion is romantic and emotionally appealing, that doesn't make it true. "Harry Potter" is romantic and emotionally appealing, but he still doesn't exist.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Howard Roak, its possible that the external force that happens to halt the rotation of the Earth is a massive celestial body, which some might call Planet X, Nibiru, Erectheus, and WormWood according to the bible.

Frankly, no.

If something *halted* the rotation of the Earth, everything would slide off it and the whole planet would shatter. I don't think we could overlook that event.

The crust of the continents is thin, rather like a chocolate shell on a huge scoop of ice cream. Get your mythical ice cream rotating at 78 rpm and then suddenly stop it.

Wham! Ice cream and chocolate everywhere. That's what would have happened to the Earth. Furthermore, once it was halted, there is no mechanism to start it rotating again.

It is possible that this massive celestial body comes close to the orbit of the earth thus, the Orbit is affected because of the gravity this large celestial body holds.

Not without causing massive damage and destroying the planet (back to the microbacteria stage.)

BTW, the pope has recently said that wormwood is coming very very very soon.

Source? I haven't seen any indication that he said this.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Wormwood is a Star, not a Planet.

You know, if you read history you will find that at least once in every generation a hysteria gathers steam, regarding impending doom, the end of the world. There are predictions of the end times going back 10,000 years. We are still here.
There are authors selling millions of books predicting the end of the world, and making fortunes. Are they building bunkers to survive the apocalypse..? no, they are living off central park, enjoying the million dollar view.
Relax, enjoy your life, take full advantage of what the UNiverse Offers you. Everyone will die, what seperates us is how we Live.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I remember reading about certains peculiarites of the sun obsevred during medievil times, Im pretty sure the book was "Mysteries of the Unexplained" Readers Digest if i assume right, it had a photo/print of a wood carving from that time detailing the phenomenon.

When i get home tonight ill dig the book out and scan the pic of the woodcarving and post it up

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Sry to do this to you Byrd, but...

The name itself is a clue that she's completely lost it. There is no reason for a civilization from one of two old stars (one supposedly an original disc star much older than the sun... any planets would be very metal-poor) should use a Greek name for their star and refer to themselves with the name of a constellation... that they can't possibly see unless they stand on Earth and look up at the sky and agree on the Greek terminology and meaning.

There is no way they could know what we called that star. Further, the name never comes up as an identified "place of aliens" before the abduction of Betty and Barney Hill and before the "homeworld" is tentatively identified from a very misproportioned drawing by a UFO researcher.

In this, you (and you should know better, being an anthropologist) only assume that she is the first and only to be in contact with the Zeta Reticuli. The best explanation, and easily proven (within reason) is that we HAVE been visited by said aliens, and most likely in the past. The, what we call 'greek' names may actually be their names for them originally. It could very well be that WE stole the names from THEIR language.

Thus, she just may be sane after all. She's not the only one with such a story, mind you. Not saying that she didn't propogate the original story, but... gotta keep an open mind to all sides, friend

*EDIT: Forgot to add... we aren't talking about just simple physics here... clue: try thinking along the lines of magnetic marbles floating in space, especially when considering metal-rich planets such as our great iron earth. You also have to take into considerationthe properties of magnetic flux lines, how far they spread, etc. Pole flips because of a planet with a super-massive orbit isn't all that far-fetched. Also, great numbers of anomolies are happenning throughout our solar system, from planets growing atmospheres to other's polar ice caps melting misteriously... and that's about all I can say without getting myself into a super-sized post... just google and support your local ATS Search function

[Edited on 26-5-2004 by Earthscum]

[Edited on 26-5-2004 by Earthscum]

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Read Graham Hancock!

www.grahamhancock.com...

A book called the Fingerprints of the Gods goes over several theories on how the last global civilization was destroyed by a cataclysm, or series of cataclysms. It's a really good book, and it also speaks of the day where the sun changed it course.

Personally I believe that the world is subject to great cataclysms from time to time, and that many of them have astronomical origins. Such things include, impacts, geo-rotation, crust displacement, ocean displacement, and volcanism.

I think there have been many such events, and they are cyclical, and this books discusses the messages left by these previous civilization to us, their descendants, to warn us of the events that could harm us.

I strongly believe that the Mayan Calander is accurate about its end date: 2012, and that something big is going to happen right around there. Perhaps it will be pole shift, or something we have never seen before. Maybe the sun will suddenly go haywire, and start erupting in a huge radiation storm, collasping our magnetic field, and frying everything that is exposed on the surface of the earth.

Maybe that's what the fire will be like, maybe that is what will destroy the world. If so, I have a cave that I live near, and I will be living in it.

Lots of people feel like me, we all feel it in our spirits. Our society is winding down, its vigor and mind is passing from it, like it is a great field all tied up in bundles, ready to be burned.

Those of us who will survive the passing of the Destroyer will be glad indeed!

Ark

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   
And does this book indicate why these events are not recorded in the geologic record of the Earth?

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arkaleus
... It's a really good book, and it also speaks of the day where the sun changed it course.

A good book no doubt - but *accurate*?? Arkaleus, does it describe how the SUN changed it's course please? What I mean is, the Earth rotates around the Sun, so any apparent shift of the "path" of the Sun through the sky would, in fact, be due to the Earth's orbit changing??

Just my �0.02...

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Actually the Earth rotates around its axis, and orbits around the sun.

A change in the orbit would result in changes in the year,

A change in the rotation would result in an apparent �stopping� of the sun in the sky.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark
Actually the Earth rotates around its axis, and orbits around the sun.

A change in the orbit would result in changes in the year,

A change in the rotation would result in an apparent �stopping� of the sun in the sky.

Well said HR!!

Yes, I was thinking of the ecliptic and got "carried away" with the "Sun's path changing". Sorry

As you say, if the Earths axis inclination had changed, then this, too, would give an apparent change to the Sun's observed motion through the sky.

Nuff said...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join