It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened in NH can happen in any state.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
A little history:

Last year NH House Bill 1354 was introduced by some gun-phobic out of stater come rep to ban firearms from state buildings.

It was shot down overwhelmingly.

HB1354 House Floor Vote -- Roll Call (Bill Defeated, 279 to 19)

March 19, 2008: Yesterday, the NH House of Representatives voted 279 to 19 to defeat Representative Eleanor Kjellman's HB1354, the bill to ban firearms in the State House and Legislative Office Building. Today, she moved for "reconsideration" -- apparently because she inadvertently voted against her own bill yesterday. Her motion failed, 249 to 56. Source

The process had run its course.

Though, that wasnt enough.

CONCORD – Democrats in the House and Senate voted yesterday to bar firearms and other deadly or dangerous weapons from the State House and two other buildings.

A special committee that oversees legislative facilities voted to reinstate a gun ban that had been in effect from 1996 to 2006. The new ban includes the Legislative Office Building, the nearby Upham Walker House and a connecting tunnel.So urce

The process didnt work in their favor so they ignored the process, the people, two Constitutions and did what they wanted anyway secretly without telling a soul. It was only through someone perusing the minutes of their meeting after the fact that we were made aware.

GUNS BANNED IN THE STATEHOUSE!

They have BANNED GUNS in the statehouse! The Joint Committee on Legislative Facilities, the committee that typically decides on what color to paint the halls, repair the roof, amount of salaries and other housekeeping matters have decided to TAKE AWAY your second amendment rights!! No notice, no opportunity to be heard, nothing! GO-NH has friends everywhere (and thank goodness to a Republican friend for this scoop minutes after the vote, he called the GO-PHONE to report this travesty of justice).

The NH Legislative Facilities Committee voted today to ban firearms in the NH State House. Source

It can happen anywhere. Rights revoked overnight without any warning.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Well, if I was an a-hole politician, signing away the people's rights & freedoms at every turn, I wouldn't want citizens with guns around me either.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
As if revoking a right on the fly wasnt insulting enough check out this response from one of the perpetrators:

Sent: Tue 22/12/09 8:21 AM

Sir,

There are many places you cannot visit with a firearm. If you had business with a member of our congressional delegation you could not walk into the US Capitol or any federal legislative office building with a firearm. The action taken by the legislative facilities committee yesterday, returns us to a policy that had previously been in place for over a ten year period. This policy is similar to those in almost every other state in the union. There is no abrogation of your second amendment rights.

Happy holidays,

Lou D'Allesandro

Insult to injury.

We're not bring you here to gas you. Just to work for us.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I seem to remember the motto in new Hampshire when I lived there was Live Free or Die...

Now the motto seems to be "Live Free as long as we get our way"

What happened to the last bastion of independent thought that was NH?

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Because of "Bush backlash" an awful lot of idiots went ahead and blanket voted (D) the past two elections despite the issues. They're wasting no time at all getting their mess through.

It doesnt help that these (D)'s are transplants from MA and NY and CA either.

They loved how they ruined their states so much they decided to come ruin this one.

I just hope they get the boot before they can cause any permanent damage.

I dont mean to make it sound as though only (D)'s are anti-liberty. It's just that as far as the Northeast goes NH had very few anti-liberty (R)'s. And these people had the option to vote for Libertarians and Independents but they went ahead and voted (D) down the line without giving a thought thinking that it was somehow going to make Bush feel bad.

[edit on 22-12-2009 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
The real question here is why does tiny New Hampshire have a 400-member legislature?

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by apologist
The real question here is why does tiny New Hampshire have a 400-member legislature?

Being the best represented residents of any state is a nice thing.

Rpresentation rankings based on 2000 Census

It's most likely the main reason why NH hasnt been overrun by urban elitists.

Though, that obviously isnt stopping as the case which is the subject of the thread demonstrates.

There is an armed protest planned Wed. 23rd at 2:30PM. I'll post any details.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
"armed protest"

in some places "armed protest" = "insurrection"

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Reply to post by apologist

They're pretty common in NH. With all the residents who carry openly or concealed I'm sure there hasnt ever been an unarmed protest.

Even when the hippies were protesting pot legalization a while back several openly carrying hippies could be seen. Liberty is liberty.

This is NH. It's a part of life. Which is why what this group of totalitarians did by passing this "rule" is so offensive.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

[edit on 22-12-2009 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

You what's so bad, they had that whole scandal a few years back with Shaheen and the mayor of Manch-vegas, what's his face Baines... and that didn't wake everyone up to what was happening...

Now it's too late.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08

Now it's too late.

Hope not.

On a positive note:

A Republican House leader yesterday said he will attempt to introduce legislation to trump a prohibition that was passed this week against firearms in the State House.

State Rep. Gene Chandler, R-Bartlett, said the correct process was not followed when the Joint Facilities Committee implemented the ban on Monday. And he said some people fear the ban makes them unable to defend themselves if the political positions they take incite others to violence.

"You see things happen," said Chandler, the assistant Republican leader in the House. "The fact we have a rule isn't going to stop someone from coming in with a gun or knife." Source

And the projected attendance of this afternoons protest has jumped up. Several representatives are scheduled to be there.

The disarmament bill that was shot down last year, that this "committee" is ignoring, resulted in the immediate ousting of the bills sponsor. I hope for and expect the same for all of these chumps disarming us through the back door.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Good luck with your protest friend! And I hope there are many armed Americans there in defiance of tyranny! That is certainly bullspit! And not ok! We must all fight tyranny everyplace it rears it's ugly head or we will lose our Republic forever!

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Thisguy,

Is this protest done and over with or is it the 23rd of January?

Keep me posted.

top topics

join