It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only 47% of Democrats Strongly Aprove Of Obama's Presidential Performance.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
My my, how the mighty have fallen.
It is a strong indicator when only 47% of your own party strongly approve of your performance.
AND only 58% of black voters approve of his performance.
Didn't he get like 98% of the black vote when he was elected. I could be wrong on that one someone will let me know if I am I'm sure.

Fifty-three percent (53%) of men Strongly Disapprove along with 39% of women. Most African-American voters (58%) Strongly Approve while most white voters (53%) Strongly Disapprove.

Seventy-four percent (74%) of Republicans Strongly Disapprove as do 52% of unaffiliated voters.

Forty-seven percent (47%) of Democrats Strongly Approve.

For the second straight day, the update shows the highest level of Strong Disapproval yet recorded for this President. That negative rating had never topped 42% before yesterday. However, it has risen dramatically since the Senate found 60 votes to move forward with the proposed health care reform legislation. Most voters (55%) oppose the health care legislation and senior citizens are even more likely than younger voters to dislike the plan.

www.rasmussenreports.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
MMM MMM MMM
Hope
Change
A New Beginning
End The Wars
Fix The Economy
Put an End To Corruption
Find a Way To Cure Aids
(had to throw that last one in there).

All words spoken by a man who has won the majority by charm, but has failed to deliver on his goods. Maybe his democrat defenders are sick of defending. If he would just be who he says he is, fixer of all things gone bad, then he better start uphis generator and get the nail gun out cause theres lots to be fixed.

Edit.

[edit on 22-12-2009 by Common Good]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

There were a lot of us that just wanted to know what he really stood for when he was campaigning but he was always so vague in his responses.
I remember watching a few programs where they would ask people on the street who they were voting for and why. The majority said they were voting for Obama but had no idea why beyond the hope and change tag line. Most had no idea what he stood for.
Now that the majority see what his plans are they are upset because they were too stupid to research and really understand what kind of person they were voting into office.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
He got 95% of the black vote. elections.nytimes.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by joey_hv

This is fantastic news! What's the point when the Obamatrons have to admit the problem is bigger than, as they claim, 'astroturfers'?

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
He got 95% of the black vote. elections.nytimes.com...

Thank you, I knew some smart guy would set me straight.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Hmmm?
Does this officially mean racism is on the rise?
...even among Democrats?

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Hmmm?
Does this officially mean racism is on the rise?
...even among Democrats?
Good question
I think an awakening is on the rise, some call it an "Aw sh!t, what have I done" moment.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
When most people vote not based on policies but instead drool over cheap catch phrases repeated until your brain melts, celebrity like shiny shiny status and obama girl music videos don't expect anything less. Shame that the same thing will happen all over again in the next election. And again everyone will be wondering why a terrible president with terrible policies is in office. Rinse and repeat.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
How ironic! While a full 46% of Americans STRONGLY DISAPPROVE! I find it hard to believe that a full 46% of all Americans are racist bigots - that would be a higher percentage than during slavery when over 50% of ALL Americans opposed slavery! But, the ardent Obama supporters will still tote out that tired old notion any time the Failure-In-Chief is criticized. This may be a very good time to begin researching on how to recall a Presidential election and start over. I'd like to think that the American people wouldn't be so stupid and naive a second time around - then again...

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
And just when you thought it couldn't get any worse for the Dems, ...

The new CNN/Opinion Research Poll shows Palin now at 46% favorable. A previous version of this post said that, at 46%, Palin was “just one point below her fellow basketball fan."

(The same poll, btw, has bad news for Dick Cheney-haters; the outspoken former VP has climbed out of the 29% basement, back up to 39% now. How do you suppose he's done that without a new book? But that's another story.)

Shocker polls: That Sarah Palin-Barack Obama gap melts to 1 point

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
The high disapproval ratings among Democrats are over the current health care legislation. The progressives and the left wing of the party think it doesn't go far enough in terms of reform. They want a single-payer plan or at least a public option, both of which have been stripped from the bill in bi-partisan negotiations.

Neither the further left nor the further right are happy with the present legislation. Leftists are faulting the president for not advocating strongly enough for the leftist agenda.

Obama is proving to be more of a centrist than the progressives wanted. But now he's getting hits from all sides of the political spectrum because of his moderation.

This doesn't, however, mean that these Democrats are going to vote Republican or move significantly to the right come election time.

So don't get your hopes up.

[edit on 22-12-2009 by Sestias]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias
The high disapproval ratings among Democrats are over the current health care legislation. The progressives and the left wing of the party think it doesn't go far enough in terms of reform. They want a single-payer plan or at least a public option, both of which have been stripped from the bill in bi-partisan negotiations.

Nope, the high disapproval ratings are because he is spending way too much time talking Health Care and not enough time addressing the high unemployment issues.
His priorities are not in order.

This doesn't, however, mean that these Democrats are going to vote Republican or move significantly to the right come election time.

True, the Dems surely won't vote Repub, but the Independents just might.

So don't get your hopes up.

I promise not to get my hopes up if you promise not to call it a stolen election if and when the Dems lose their seats.

new topics

top topics

join