It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Sound wave" from Ocean Shakes San Diego Town

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

Do you remember how many seconds apart the "booms" were?

The railgun is designed to fire ten shots within 1 minute. So every six seconds another hypervelocity penetrator would be fired at over 5,800 m/s or in other terms faster than Mach 17.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

The spacing was quite close, not more than a second or two apart, hence the confusion over how many booms there were.

No rail gun yet built could produce such a sound, I doubt seriously if one built to launch shuttles could make such a sound, not so much the loudness as the peculiar directionality and other characteristics. I'm pretty familiar with military equipment, having worked on the flightline for many years; I know what sonic booms from both regular jets and Blackbirds are like, this was not like either. Neither did it have the signature of a military-type explosion: not a single person I spoke with assumed that, we're all pretty familiar with what the Marines and Navy do around here, and this wasn't remotely close. Definitely NOT a bomb-type explosion.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   

I don't think you or I know what a 32 MJ railgun would sound like.

Work will be performed in San Diego, CA, and is expected to be complete in February 2012.

www.defenseindustrydaily.com...

This is what they are working on in San Diego.
Innovative Naval Prototype (INP) Railgun
atg.ga.com...

Even the graphics on that page seem to suggest a ship mounted railgun firing from off the coast of San Diego into Yuma Proving Grounds. Even the distance to the Yuma proving grounds fits in with the range of the system.

Yuma Proving Ground (USAYPG)

KOFA DOD’s Premier Artillery Test Range (named for the King of Arizona Mine within its boundaries) offers customers a 75-kilometer firing range coupled with up to 24-hour-per-day/7-day-per-week control of airspace to an unlimited altitude.

www.globalsecurity.org...

I really don't think thats coincidence.

[edit on 24/12/09 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   

It sounds like this, and that isn't what the boom sounded like:

www.wired.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Sorry, but it wasn't a railgun test fire. The navy's gun is too small to have generated the boom we heard, and the boom's sound charateristics were quite different.

edit to add link

[edit on 24-12-2009 by apacheman]

[edit on 24-12-2009 by apacheman]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   

The small railguns in those videos are 8 MJ and the penetrators fired from them don't even reach hypersonic speeds.

Its like comparing a Barrett XM109 anti materiel rifle to the 120mm main gun on an M1A2 tank.

edit to add: the third video is the 10 MJ railgun tested on Jan 31, 2008.

[edit on 24/12/09 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Dude, I was here, I heard it, and the sound was not like the sound a railgun would produce, sorry...the characteristics of the sound we heard simply don't match. A bigger railgun will just make a bigger railgun sound, and it wasn't a railgun sound, trust me on this one. It was too big a sound to be a railgun firing 120 miles away, where the sound supposedly originated.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   

No problem, I'm just trying to figure out if General Atomics got the system up yet since they are testing there in San Diego. The final product is supposed to be a 64 MJ railgun which will be near ludicrous in power.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
There was definitely jets in the air. That's why I was led to believe it could have been a Sonic Boom.

I was pretty high up too, maybe that's why many people didn't hear it. I heard a jet but I couldn't find it, then boom!

Sonic boom imo, question is, if so, why?

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
If your not up to speed on scaler wave stuff, I sincerely recommend clicking the link below. It seems to fit on so many levels with most of the freaky stuff that's going on lately.

In early December 1984, significant adjustments of the scalar EM interference grid occurred. In the vicinity of Los Angeles and San Diego, anomalous aerial phenomena such as explosions, rumblings, airquakes, and buildings and windows shaking without seismic disturbances occurred. A sharp and unexpected weather front appeared, racking the area with high winds on the night of Dec. 12, producing wide-spread damage and power outages. The newly-formed front, steered by the dynamic Soviet woodpecker grid, moved on to produce significant snowstorms in other areas;: even Tucson received a snow "dump" of 20 inches. Prior to the Dec. 12 anomalous weather front, this author accurately predicted an impending sudden drastic change in the weather in a brief interview over Radio station KABC, Los Angeles after the Dec. 8-9 anomalous aerial and ground structure disturbances. Complete explanation of Soviet weather engineering is given in Bearden, "Soviet Weather Engineering Over North America,"1985,1-hr. videotape.

www.cheniere.org...

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
The great Kraken of northern legend is said to utter a sound so great as to "rend" a ship to "matchwood" however the Kraken is a creature of the Atlantic not the Pacific.

From the wiki on the Kraken we have this quote.

.. Kraken, also called the Crab-fish, which [according to the pilots of Norway] is not that huge, for heads and tails counted, he is no larger than our Öland is wide [i.e. less than 16 km] ... He stays at the sea floor, constantly surrounded by innumerable small fishes, who serve as his food and are fed by him in return: for his meal, if I remember correctly what E. Pontoppidan writes, lasts no longer than three months, and another three are then needed to digest it. His excrements nurture in the following an army of lesser fish, and for this reason, fishermen plumb after his resting place ... Gradually, Kraken ascends to the surface, and when he is at ten to twelve fathoms, the boats had better move out of his vicinity, as he will shortly thereafter burst up, like a floating island, spurting water from his dreadful nostrils and making ring waves around him, which can reach many miles. Could one doubt that this is the Leviathan of Job?

[edit on 25-12-2009 by prof-rabbit]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Guys, a simple question. What do they need this for?

The final product is supposed to be a 64 MJ railgun which will be near ludicrous in power.

The stuff in the arsenal is already plenty good and can take out the Planet easily.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by shakespear1

The final product is supposed to be a 64 MJ railgun which will be near ludicrous in power.

The stuff in the arsenal is already plenty good and can take out the Planet easily.

Try "planetary defense", the military is paranoid by default, always looking for a bigger gun, CERN, if used as a weapon is immensely powerful, so too are ground based steerable rail guns, why? because "Aliens" might be hostile.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by shakespear1

Its far cheaper and efficient to fire a hypervelocity penetrator at a target over 220 miles away than use a cruise missile. So its very cost effective.

Its also near impossible to stop. The penetrator would be coming in at hypersonic or high hypersonic speeds. It would require some type of high energy laser or free electron laser defense system to even try to intercept one of the penetrators. Bear in mind each railgun mounted on a Zumwalt class destroyer could fire 10 penetrators a minute.

This is for full spectrum dominance on earth not for planetary defense.

It would be useless against any planetary threat, like cavemen shooting arrows at aircraft carriers.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

Its also near impossible to stop. The penetrator would be coming in at hypersonic or high hypersonic speeds. It would require some type of high energy laser or free electron laser defense system to even try to intercept one of the penetrators. Bear in mind each railgun mounted on a Zumwalt class destroyer could fire 10 penetrators a minute.

This is for full spectrum dominance on earth not for planetary defense.

It would be useless against any planetary threat, like cavemen shooting arrows at aircraft carriers.

Not really, all the UFO's seen to date have been small and fast, (thinking of the military mind..) hence the need for hyper-velocity rounds, the same rail gun may also be used to target orbital satellites.

If we assume the current UFO's are some sort of scout craft the the need for the really "big" guns falls to the particle accelerators, all of these things have a value as a scientific instrument, after all you don't want to spend billions and never "turn it on".

Where do you think all the money for CERN came from?

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join