It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Sound wave" from Ocean Shakes San Diego Town

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

These kinds of things facinate me because I had a similar experience...

Way back in the late 70's I lived on the Jersey short (please hold the snickers down), in a small town named Tuckerton. Our house was set several hundred feet off the road (two lanes) in the pine forest. Well my sister and I were home by ourselves when suddenly it sounded like a boulder had crashed into the side of the house, the house shook and the windows rattled. We were both certain something large had crashed into the house but when we went outside there was nothing to see, nothing out of place at all.

The only idea I've ever come up with is that jets over the water had caused the sound as there was a lot of military aviation activity in the area year round.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I felt it!

...but I also felt "two" of them. The second happened like a minute and a couple of seconds later. I don't know if it was the same thing or not but it sure felt like it.

At first I thought it to be an earthquake, so when I was halfway down the hall to ask my sister about it another one "hit." This time around everything around me shook. I seriously thought this was an earthquake!

I live in San Ysidro, right next to the Mexican border.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sheeper
I live just east but didn't hear anything, but the past few nights I've been having this wobbly feeling like my whole body is rocking with the earth. I thought I've been feeling earth quakes but there was none and my gf hasn't felt them.

A strange thing happened sunday, it might not be related but who knows. Two strangers just up and died at the same time while at the La Jolla shores, one a diver with her husband, they hadn't even begun the dive when she just up and died and plopped into the water. The other a random guy seemingly up and died and plopped into the water aswell, he was just found floating with his clothes on minutes after they the lady died. I thought it was strange.

www.sandiego6.com...

That is weird, very weird. Well not so much weird as people die all the time but coincidental.

Another person mentioned Volcano which is interesting considering the amount of volcanic activity lately.

IMO i dont think its a sonic boom, perhaps the military is testing new coastal defences and they obviously would not like that to be made public. If it is military what kind of explosives create a sonic boom capable of shaking neighbourhoods?

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by xDove007
I felt it!

...but I also felt "two" of them. The second happened like a minute and a couple of seconds later. I don't know if it was the same thing or not but it sure felt like it.

At first I thought it to be an earthquake, so when I was halfway down the hall to ask my sister about it another one "hit." This time around everything around me shook. I seriously thought this was an earthquake!

I live in San Ysidro, right next to the Mexican border.

People in Tuscan were reporting two bangs also, are you near a military establishment? Or are you familiar with aircrafts breaking the sound barrier?

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Could be from a DSAB, a large craft taking off or comming in at high speed left the sound wave behind. Oh, DSAB (Deep Submerged Alien Base). I am not sure where this is in relation to the Catalina Channel, but there has been many sightings of huge craft emerging from the depths and release many smaller craft, and also taking many small crafts onboard for submersion to a DSAB. Just a thought the I thought I'd throw out there.

[edit on 22/12/09 by spirit_horse]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I think this video debunks that a Sonic Boom cause this.

If you watch the video (ill add a link because i dont know if it embedded) anyway if you watch the video, these people are quite literally next to a Sonic Boom and although loud it does not shake anyone, people arent wearing ear plugs, and hats werent even blown off. How a Sonic Boom could shake a community is impossible as far as my understanding of Sonic Booms are concerned. Perhaps others know more.

Link:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Hack28

No military bases around here. The only one 'nearest' would be the one in Oceanside.

I'm not familiar with any such aircrafts. There IS a small airport of sorts around here known as Brown Field

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Hmmm I was shopping with a friend at that time, about halfway between Poway and Chula Vista, and we didn't hear anything. We were deep inside in a Target store.

I remember the one in 2006, though. It was loud, scary, very brief, and definitely NOT your standard earthquake. The sound came from deep within the earth and sounded like an explosion.

Having experienced the one in 2006, I can say it was definitely not an aerial phenomenon; the meteor theory is not correct.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by xDove007

Huh, there is the central naval base and there is also the south naval station south west of you, also the sub base just NW. BTW OP San Ysidro is essentially part of greater San Diego, closer to the bay than I am.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Could this be the beginning of an earth crust shift, deep deep in the earth's crust? With so much talk about the earth's crust shifting as we are supposedly nearing the Galactic Equator, maybe, just maybe (a few other places around the world the past couple weeks have reported to have heard this ''boom'') it's the beginnings of much bigger "booms" to be heard in the near future? Just an idea...

link   
it was probably another failed Russian rocket.

link   
reply to post by OuttaHere

So more as it was an explosion underground? Sesmic activity?
That could explain why its happening along the west coast, fault lines, it is curious how there were no earthquakes registered though.

On a different note how do you put a video so it shows up in your posts like people do?

[edit on 22-12-2009 by Hack28]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Here is a little Catalina Channel background for the stories.

Source: ufocasebook.conforums.com...

History Channel:
boards.history.com...

Just a possibility that if there was a meeting then a USO Base could have been providing interatmospheric or exoatmospheric security for the summit of species! I mean afterall, this is a conspiracy site!

[edit on 22/12/09 by spirit_horse]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by xDove007
reply to post by Hack28

No military bases around here. The only one 'nearest' would be the one in Oceanside.

I'm not familiar with any such aircrafts. There IS a small airport of sorts around here known as Brown Field

What about MCAS Miramar? What about 32nd Street Naval Base? There are also nuclear subs and aircraft carriers here in SD. Closer than Camp Pendleton.

[edit] ... though if people are wondering about ordnance, Oceanside is the closest place such noises would be likely to be coming from unless it was uxo from Camp Elliott.

Note: Sorry xDove, I realized that I probably sounded confrontational and I didn't intend to be.

[/edit]

Anyway I don't think it even matters; the sound as I experienced it in the 2006 event (I missed the one yesterday) comes from deep underground, not from the air. I have heard sonic booms and many types of aircraft taking off and landing, especially when Top Gun was here in San Diego. IMO this is not related to aircraft. It is either an unidentified geologic phenomenon (scary) or TPTB are doing something deep underground (equally scary).

[edit on 22-12-2009 by OuttaHere]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
[edit on 22-12-2009 by Hack28]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Hack28

A Lt.General from the Pentagon gets up and speaks into the microphone to the world press.

.....the mysterious sound that was heard yesterday was an alien mothership landing in the pacific ocean. Do not be alarmed folks we of the military have it completely under control..

The crowd of reports all look stunned.

Lt. General...

Fooled ya..HAHAHA...

The crowd breaths a sigh of relief...

Lt. General. The sound was unknown but we are investigating it and will let you know when we know anything.

The Lt. General smiles and waves then leaves the podium and walks into the next room where he's met by other high rank pentagon generals.

Major General...See what happens we tell the people the truth and they don't believe it, we tell them some lies and they get happy.

Lt. General ..Have the delta teams gotten into the mother ship yet?

Maj. General... Not sure lets go over to NTAC and watch it on live feed. You want to grab some lunch before..there having boiled human and potatoes.

Both Lt general and maj general's heads glow and there actualy greys as they both head to the mess for some boiled human & potatoes. They already know that the mothership is a droid, sent for them. Not for the idiot humans...

they both cackle

what if..

hmmmmm...

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
If it was a weapon test and you felt a detonation, you may be exposed to radioactive particles.

That's why I don't think it was a weapon, except maybe some non-explosive top secret type like HAARP. God only knows... It wouldn't surprise me they're testing some new ultra-mega-giga-bomb to blow up Iran.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Eye of Horus

HAA
Promote that man!!
Its like a movie though i agree, loud booms that no-one knows what happened but no-one can deny because so many people heard and felt it.

IMO the three that seem to be taking charge as far as the theories go are

1) Some sort of Military aircraft/defence
2) Something below the earth is having a reaction and releasing vast amounts of energy, without registering as earthquakes.
3) Some other worldy event.

I know what we all HOPE it is.......Jesus's return of course

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
In light of the recent deep volcano erupting, i was wondering what the chances are that is might be an undiscovered or new volcano starting up, Just a thought :0)

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I'm in San Elijo Hills (just in from La Costa) and I felt it. It shook the windows of my house. I ran into my husband's office but he did not feel it. Thanks for the post I was thinking I was crazy.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join