It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demon voice box/ Incredible story!!!v Must read!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Good story OP glad the video was found too, should provide some entertainment for an hour or so however it is thought provoking nevertheless! Don't think that it can be taken at face value though- most probably an adaption of the real story that has been exaggerated for TV. I agree with with one of the more recent posts on that issue.

Someone also mentioned negative beings feeding off negativity and I think that is very relevant because I dont think the Henryton spirit wanted to kill the family it wanted to scare them out of their minds and make them argue. If it wanted to kill them then why not electrocute them through an appliance or start the furnace fire in the early hours of the morning without any warning at all. The spirit made the house its own and killed a visitor instead of the family members which I think is further proof that he needed the family for "sustenance"(sp?)

The behaviour of one of the researchers was ridiculous in the voice box scene it basically goes:

Spirit: "fire! furnace fire!"
Investigator: "oh sounds like it said a fire will happpen"
Spirit: "ummmm also Burglary!"
Investigator: "will someone be killed in the burglary?" (seriously why on Earth would you ask that- don't go putting ideas in the demons head)
Spirit:"yeah sure- why not"

One last thing was that in the first video the mothers says something along the lines that she knew her daughter was into ghosthunting and "didn't see any harm in it"

Call me crazy but I think that I would be a little bit concerned if my teenage daughter went to an abandoned hospital in the middle of the woods at night.

I've been into a couple myself when I was younger and they can literally crumble in places under your weight, you can see where its happened to other people with big holes in the stairs and roof. There were also used needles in some rooms- meaning you never know how far you were behind a druggie or when they might return- and what what they could do to you if they did come back.

Well, that was the scariest part of the story for me anyway.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
That "Ghost Box" is nothing but an AM/FM radio that keeps scanning channels. If a spirit would choose to communicate this way, it would not only have to "speak" in electromagnetic waves. It would also have to either amplitude-modulate or frequency-modulate a high frequency carrier wave with its speech wave to create a receivable AM or FM radio signal, respectively. Also, the spirit would have to alter the carrier frequency such that it follows the the radio's up-and-down scanning process (Why not just talk on a stationary AM/FM frequency?).
It sure seems nice of the ghosts that they are communicating in such a complicated way just so it happens to match these "investigators'" radios - oops - ghost boxes...

Face it, the only unexplainable thing going on here is that some people actually believe that the results of this process are anything else than random snippets of radio shows. If you puzzle random voice sounds together, it's not a surprise that after a while you get something that could be interpreted as a sentence. Then tell the listeners what they are supposed to understand, put subtitles on it, and voila, there's your ghost message.

Oh, but there are the "prophecies" coming true, yeah. Wasn't it convenient that the fire did not destroy the room or the house but did just enough damage to make the prophecy come true? It sure helped this family on their quest for fame...

Either way, for me this case is not quite paranormal but a mixture of nutcase science and fraud.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
First of all, I would like to apologize for posting the wrong title to the episode. The title is Ghost Box Prophesies. I got confused with the episode Demon House. Sorry!!
I can't believe with this type of evidence that people can still say it's all just coincidence, or the words that came through are just random chatter. These words came through BEFORE these things happened, BEFORE. It's documented, on tape, with witnesses. What more do people need? Entities use white noise, this is nothing new. So why so hard to believe?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Verklagekasper

You can say that about the fire, but what about Scott? He's dead from a gun shot to the head during a BURGLARY. The dog is dead also. Both these things were mentioned, PRIOR to them happening.
Can you show me how being on an episode on Animal Planet made them famous? Perhaps I am unaware of the tons of money and publicity in the MSM they rec'd.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by sickofitall2012]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012
You can say that about the fire, but what about Scott? He's dead from a gun shot to the head during a BURGLARY. The dog is dead also. Both these things were mentioned, PRIOR to them happening.

Can you show me how being on an episode on Animal Planet made them famous? Perhaps I am unaware of the tons of money and publicity in the MSM they rec'd.

It's interesting that you believe in ghosts talking via AM radio scanners but can't believe what some people would do to get on TV. My impression was that these people, particularly the females, LOVE to be on cam.
Btw, isn't it weird that part of the family suggests that hell broke lose on their home, yet the son says he didn't believe in any ghost activity all along, and all evidence that the investigation team could come up with was some poor random AM radio recording?
I don't believe these people a single word. And if there's any truth to their claims about the crimes, I'd suggest that the local police asks them about their involvement in these events.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by Verklagekasper]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Btw, on the investigators' Myspace page you can read about different investigation groups struggeling for fame on this case. The reader is also informed that the team spent 6 months on this case.
If during half a year of investigation the best evidence they could come up with was some random radio babbling, that doesn't exactly make the house look like Amitiville's follow-up but rather like one of the least haunted places on earth.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
In my experience, Demons only deal in LIES not the truth... Why does it have to be always a demon coming out of a spirit box? Couldn't it have been someone trying to give that family a warning??

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   

The brother began to believe when Scott was killed, and the local police were involved. All this can be checked, it's public record.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by AlphaPrime

Yeah, my bad. I posted the wrong title and it will not allow me to edit it. I got confused with the episode Demon House, which is also a good episode. I watched them the same night. The title is actually Ghost Box Prophecies.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   

I don't think you see the big picture here. These were all told BEFORE, BEFORE, BEFORE, one more time, BEFORE these things happened. How can you say random babbling on the radio? Are you familiar with how spirits communicate using white noise? Please, do you think you could contribute more to this than this is just people seeking fame with some random words on the radio? and can you show what fame? Seriously, Myspace? Tell me how that's fame.
There will never be enough evidence for the non- believers, at least until it happens to them.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Lack of Prozac

LOL you cracked me up, "don't go putting ideas in demon's heads" -- so true!

I watched parts of this when it was on, and I believe they had invited demonic influence into their world. Any activity like going ghost hunting, using ouija, "ghost boxes" or attending seances, etc, is like russian roulette.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by slo1987

Thanks for the great story!! That's really interesting huh? I love it when investigators use the voice box. Have you seen Ghost Adventures? They use it, and have had some really good responses.
Also, does anyone know if Most haunted is going to come back on?

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Yeah, you really can't know who or what your dealing with. I've known for years that communicating with the dead can be extremely dangerous, and one must know how to protect themselves with the Light.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Whoever or whatever spoke on that box knew the future with no doubt. How? Any ideas?

Why do people always think that the future is being giving...How do you know that they (meaning the demons/spirits whatever) aren't causing what they say to come true?

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Rumrunner

Star for you!!!!!!!!!!!!
You know, I thought of that when I was watching the show, but to me, that's just too scary. I have often wondered just how much control do we have in life? Are there things happening to us that are being caused/influenced by.......someone or something else? I believe in Spirit Guides or Guardian Angels, because they have been there for me EVERY TIME I have asked, I know sounds crazy, but I promise, it's true. I have a quick story about an incident at work if your interested.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

EVP recording is as dangerous as any of it and some people are going to begin the possibility of full possession, whether they call on "the light" or not. We as humans are not supopsed to mess with what's on the other side. I know young people are stupid and innocent about it, but a lot of them get into it even being forewarned of the danger. I think there are people who will try to develop their own ghost box thing just from reading this thread. I hope the light is with them.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I don't think you see the big picture here. These were all told BEFORE, BEFORE, BEFORE, one more time, BEFORE these things happened.

I did not deny that.

How can you say random babbling on the radio? Are you familiar with how spirits communicate using white noise?

More than you, apparently. Even the AAEVP (ie. the guys who even believe in stuff like "ectoplasm") thinks that radio sweeping is bogus. www.aaevp.com...

Please, do you think you could contribute more to this than this is just people seeking fame with some random words on the radio?

I certainly don't need your advice on what to post on this subject, thanks.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

I've seen a couple shows use the 'ghost box' but none of them have used it the way that Christopher Moon used it while on my college campus (at least that's how it seems based on how the shows were edited). The way he explained it kind of made me think of old phone connections, where you would pick up the phone and an operator would assist you in reaching who you were trying to speak with, like the operator was connecting you to this person. Chris would reach out to his "operator" (who, like I said before, he learned who it was and actually met the guy's family) and ask to be connected to whoever the people in the crowd wanted. Like, someone would ask to speak to John Doe, Chris would repeat the info to the operator and then John Doe would come through to answer the person's questions. In some cases, the operator would say that we could not speak to that person - either because they didn't want to, or we wouldn't be given a reason. I can't be sure, but I don't think that the channels were sweeping - it seemed like just one constant channel, that was static unless something was speaking.

The reason I believe what I experienced to be true is because these were people talking to relatives/friends/whoever and asking them questions to prove it was them - information that Chris wasn't privy to. And I know he didn't have agreements beforehand with people because I was on the board that booked the event and we knew what went on, and it's an extremely small campus - some of the people having experiences were either friends or friends of friends. They would get specific responses to their questions that wasn't just random radio tidbits. Like I mentioned, one girl even carried on a conversation in Spanish with the radio (I couldn't tell you what it was about because I don't speak Spanish).

I can't speak to any other instances or different radios being used. I can only say that the 3 times I've experienced that one particular radio were genuine and extremely interesting.

[edit on 6-1-2010 by slo1987]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Hi!

My name is Jenny Stewart, I am the founder and Director of PRRS. My team is the one featured in The Haunted episode you are referring to on this thread. I can say without hesitation that NOTHING was altered in the way of any evidence or footage that was ours on the show, including the ghost box clips you heard.

The time line was messed up but the story was true and real. As far as thinking the entity was negitive...we knew there was something there that was negitive and not knowing what was coming through ( good spirit or bad) we were honestly thinking that the box was trying to induce paranoia and fear in the client and team. It was not until things started happening and we knew what the box said that we realized we were given various warnings and then we realized the messages were probably from Vicki's husband who had passed away in 2004.

There are many more facts to this story and it goes further as far as facts and events that did happen but I can say that all was true and we did get the warnings from the box on Halloween night 2008 and the dog passed 14 days later, the furnace happened on December 5th and Scott was murdered in a home invasion in late February 2009. When I asked the box who would be involved in the break in it replied "4 males and female"... four males and one female were arrested and standing trail for his murder.

I know it is hard to believe, trust me I was floored by all of it. But we are willing to share all the raw audio captured that night in October 2008 that has now changed our lives forever. please notify me if you would like to hear them or have any questions.
Thanks,

Jenny Stewart

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Oh and one more thing...we DID NOT get paid one dime for the episode, in fact we were out money for expenses.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join