It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China GDP per person 'to rise by 14%'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   

China GDP per person 'to rise by 14%'

news.bbc.co.uk

However, the report also said the gap between incomes in towns and rural areas would widen.

On Monday, China forecast its economy would grow by 8% next year.

The think tank said that this strong growth, along with slow population growth and an expected strengthening in the yuan, would boost average per capita output.

But it added that the distribution of income would become "increasingly unfair".
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.straitstimes.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Social unrest 'on the rise' in China

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
China continued growth is probably little surprise to most people. What I think is the key point in the report is where the money is going. It states that the gap between towns and rural areas will widen, and that the distribution will become more unfair. I think all the boils down to is a greater gap between the rich and poor. If you see something else in this article please do speak your mind.

news.bbc.co.uk

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem

China continued growth is probably little surprise to most people. What I think is the key point in the report is where the money is going. It states that the gap between towns and rural areas will widen, and that the distribution will become more unfair. I think all the boils down to is a greater gap between the rich and poor. If you see something else in this article please do speak your mind.

news.bbc.co.uk

which, if left unchecked, will eventually lead to some nasty revolution type stuff . . . its a natural progression.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

I still think its difficult to say any one thing will lead to violent un rest of a revolution. But combined this with other things that are happening and it does seem like the pot is being sired with the right ingredients. I still don't think this is enough to light the fire under the pot. But we will watching to see what happens.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Capitalism is doing a fine job of building up China, but the gap between the middle class that reside in the cities and the poor that live in rural parts of china is going to cause alot of problems in the future. But right now given the absolute mammoth overhaul going on it is necessary...they will have to address it in a few decades though.

top topics

join