It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this defending Israel? Sniper kills two children!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Firstly the Report

Now read this article. Can you honestly say that a child bringing in the laundry, and another coming to help his sister are threats? And then shhoting at someone coming to drag the bodies in? I know its just one soldier doing it, but its just a reflection of israeli tactics targeting civilians. Looks like they are just as bad as the 'terrorists' of palestine.

[Edited on 23-5-2004 by specialasianX]

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
You need to edit out the all capitols title specialasianX.

Thanks.

seekerof

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
specialasianX, some points to consider:

1. There have been several instances of Palestinian groups targeting Palestinian citizens in order to gain worldwide sympathy.

2. The standard IDF sniper rifle is magazine fed, a sniper with this type of rifle would load his magazines in a carefully controlled environment and not risk damaging the rounds (not on a rooftop). The statement in the article: Beside the hole lay a discarded cardboard box. The Hebrew writing on the box read: "20 rounds 7.62 mm ammunition for snipers". Would indicate that the sniper was loading magazines in the field (snipers don't go through much ammo) and the labeling of the box is laughable.

3. As distasteful as the reality is, two head shots at a 100 meters would take two shots by a military trained marksman much less a military trained sniper. A Palestinian thug trying to speed his fellow Muslim to paradise however...

Just a couple of thing to consider.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
specialasianX, some points to consider:

1. There have been several instances of Palestinian groups targeting Palestinian citizens in order to gain worldwide sympathy.

I have never ever heard of any incident of this happening and i have been following the conflict for years, could you provde me with a source? (a non-bias one preferably)

3. As distasteful as the reality is, two head shots at a 100 meters would take two shots by a military trained marksman much less a military trained sniper. A Palestinian thug trying to speed his fellow Muslim to paradise however...

Well seeing as the family who owned the building confirmed that the israelis had indeed been occupying the building at the time this sounds more like an attempt to pass the blame. also why would the palestinians just kill their own people to send them to heaven? I know this is what suicide bombers do but they try to take others with them. not just snipe two innocent kids. And so what if its only 100 metres? are you saying snipers cant kill at close range?

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   
PLease read this:

ALSO, VERY IMPORTANT: Please avoid typing in the quoted portion. As members learn to use a discussion board like ours, they train their eyes to "see" different aspects of posts. For example, after you have experience with ATS, you rarely read everyone's signature because you know them. The same is true for quoted text, once you're familiar with the format of threads, your eye will place diminished importance on the text contained within the blocked-off quoted portion. If you create your response within this area, it will either be missed by people reading the thread, or it will create confusion as to which part of the text belongs to which author. And, since there is confusion, our busy moderators may end up giving you a warning for what appears to be a giant quote.

ABOUT ATS: Warnings for excessive quoting, and how to quote

Just giving a heads-up before you start seeing massive numbers of u2u's and then wonder why.

seekerof

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX

I have never ever heard of any incident of this happening and i have been following the conflict for years, could you provde me with a source? (a non-bias one preferably)

Ask and ye shall receive.

Originally posted by specialasianX
Well seeing as the family who owned the building confirmed that the israelis had indeed been occupying the building at the time this sounds more like an attempt to pass the blame. also why would the palestinians just kill their own people to send them to heaven? I know this is what suicide bombers do but they try to take others with them. not just snipe two innocent kids. And so what if its only 100 metres? are you saying snipers cant kill at close range?

As in my previous post, this is a war of opinion, and the best way to nullify a vastly superior adversary is to bring international pressure to cease hostility. As to the sniper remark, the point is there would only be two shots, if fired by an Israeli sniper vice the multiple shots and bullet holes (in other words they would not have missed). Trained snipers are notoriously fastidious, so not to compromise positions, and methods (no empty brass would be left behind).

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 12:50 AM
link   
war is hell guys, civilians dies, they are just at the wrong place in the wrong time

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Thanks for the link MM, i've read up on this before, i dont blame Israel for purposefully casuing the death of that kid, it was in my opinion a mishap. He was caught in cross-fire between two armed forces.

In this sniping incident though there was no corss fire. As for snipers not giving their location, they only hide themselves while there there, they dont hide the position if they've left it.

I see not many people really care about this but i thought i'd bring it to peoples attention. Just making a point that many people seem to think palestine are the only ones who target civilians, but with this, and israels attack of the peaceful demonstration last week, it shows Israel attack civilians as well... but i guess war is war

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   
the childabuse rate in the arab world is enormous !
arab parents don't care for the children else than to use them as cheap
labourers involving:
-messenger while firefights are going on
-transporting weapons
-having them dig tunnels
-having them in the street trowing bricks and firebombs
-giving them firearms

in a warsituation no civilians disobeying the curfew should be left unshot !
they know that it is forbidden to come on the streets !
the soldiers guarding can not wait to see if the child is having a bomb or
dirty wash with them !
they have to shoot before they are killed by an arab booby trapped trick !

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2009
war is hell guys, civilians dies, they are just at the wrong place in the wrong time

Do you read? If perhaps, this was a grenade or a bomb, hell, even a firefight then you could be correct. But a sniper shooting from 100 meters away knows damn well who and what he is shooting at should this be true.

Grow up.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Yeah, reminds me of the palestinian attacker who killed a pregnant israeli woman and her four kids and then the same group of palestinians felt it necessary to shoot at the people attending the funeral. Sorry, was that crossfire?

Open your minds, stop being a group of people who refuses to admit that BOTH SIDES in this conflict are insane. Your points become far more credible after you realize that.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
Open your minds, stop being a group of people who refuses to admit that BOTH SIDES in this conflict are insane. Your points become far more credible after you realize that.

Uh, who are you talking to?

Also, most here realize that, so thanks anyway.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I know both sides are wrong in this conflict, i just get really angry when people state that its only the palestinians who are at fault. I would personally like it if the Israelis left the occupied lands, and the palestinians left the Israelis alone. All the major problems right now in relation to terrorism stem from this conflict.

and NOGODSINTHEUNIVERSE, since when has bringing laundry in from your roof, the same as being on the street. The niper was under no threat whatsoever, he just shot, then kept shooting.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 01:06 AM
link   

I would personally like it if the Israelis left the occupied lands, and the palestinians left the Israelis alone.

So would I. However it seems to be increasingly hard to do. I find this to be for two reasons. 1) Sharon's own party did not back his plan to leave Gaza. 2) The Palestinian Authority and it's offshoot terrorist groups (Fatah) continue to prove that they will not change their actions regardless of what kinds of plans are proposed.

The actions performed by both sides are hard to stomach but we have to keep in mind that there have been numerous offers made to the Palestinians that have been rejected without even being responsibly considered. I don't think that is good leadership on the part of the Palestinian Authority and I don't think they're doing a good job of looking out for their people.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums

I applaud you for that statement.

Furthermore, what is it with these middle eastern countries. I have never been one to put the actions of terrorists or military upon a citizen of any country. I'm not racist either. And it sickens me to think like this, but WTF is going on over there. I find myself everyday struggiling more and more with seperating the actions of a their military/radical group/terrorists from their citizens. It's quickly coming to a boil and painting every person of those nations the same in my mind. Everytime I hear of stories like this, I just can't believe how horrid these actions are and how they are similar to the actions of thier "enemies". Then I think about the horrid and sick things that happen here in the US. We too have child molesters, murderers, terrorists, radical groups and the like. Is there really any difference? I used to say no, the key words being used to. Maybe I'm just being biased about good ole home town, but somehow I feel a difference. It's almost as if there is something more barbaric-more animalistic and some how more sick about their way. I hate it when people's answer is to just nuke them and be done with it. Thats no answer in my mind because of all the innocent normal civillians. But suddenly I can understand the appeal-a little bleach in the gene pool, getting rid of the bad pieces of fruit buy burning down the farm-my God I'm starting to sound like a Nazi. WTF is going on over their and WTF is happening to me.

new topics

top topics

join