It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reuters Will Kill a Story If a Hedge Fund Manager Asks Nicely

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Reuters Will Kill a Story If a Hedge Fund Manager Asks Nicely

gawker.com

Reporter Matthew Goldstein had been looking into allegations, raised most recently in a lawsuit filed by Cohen's ex-wife, that Cohen engaged in insider trading in the 1980s. According to Talking Biz News' Chris Roush, Cohen got the story killed last week by calling Devin Wenig, the CEO of Thomson Reuters Market Division, which oversees the firm's journalism arm, to complain.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
This is just an example of how the main stream media can operate. What could potentially be a good story gets killed because of the powers that be ask for it to be so. It can go way beyond a little bit of insider trading. If a country can control the majority of the press it get it can shape public opinion of itself world wide. To an extent that has been done.

gawker.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

Thanks for the info,

Your exactly right of course but it doesn't just stop with news outlets. Take for example web sites in general, if the advertising mogules pay a large sum to the site owners they can shape all kinds of web sites by removing or adding what the want in order to appease the funders.

MONEY - GREED - POWER = these 3 things make up the majority of what this world

¡Que lastima!

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

fran
Thanks for posting. I however think it is a little harder to shape the net. Mostly because any joe can post things somewhere on the net. You can break that down to news sites, discussion, or blogs. Some sites can be controlled but not all of them. That is part of what I like about this site is you post the link to wherever you found the information.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
reply to post by franspeakfree

fran
Thanks for posting. I however think it is a little harder to shape the net. Mostly because any joe can post things somewhere on the net. You can break that down to news sites, discussion, or blogs. Some sites can be controlled but not all of them. That is part of what I like about this site is you post the link to wherever you found the information.

Don't be fooled MONEY POWER and GREED can change many things, what many believe is free thinking and sharing can sometimes if not all be an illusion. There is always an agenda when it incorporates any of the above.

I point your attention to Facebook as an example to how a site can be shaped for other purposes

Dr Anita Jones

An interesting blog

[edit on 22-12-2009 by franspeakfree]

new topics

top topics

join