It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lift the Gaza blockade

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Lift the Gaza blockade

www.guardian.co.uk

On 27 December last year, Israel launched Operation Cast Lead in Gaza, an overwhelming exercise of military force aimed at silencing the Hamas rockets which had terrorised Israeli towns and villages. The immediate effects of the invasion are well known: 1,400 Palestinians dead, mostly civilians, with many more wounded or displaced; 10 Israeli soldiers and three civilians killed, dozens more injured; and thousands of families in southern Israel forced to flee to other parts of the country. The rocketfire from Gaza into Israel has slowed but has not entirely ceased. Hamas is still in power.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.france24.com

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
It seems that the E.U. and the U.S. have set their eyes on the middle east in more ways than one. Could this be an indication that both economic blocks are moving towards a complete dissection of the middle east. This could account for the lack of threats towards Iran from both blocks, but rather a docile approach as to try and find a common ground to work and build a far more stable relationship between the remaining oil rich middle eastern nations. Lets not forget that many rogue public statements made to the international press by israeli ministers did nothing other than hamper u.s. foreign policy in the middle east. Could this be what has been whispered that the intelligence community is beyond the point of frustrated with israel's refusal to fall into place.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
In the event that some do not click to read the article's i more or less should quote the obvious here

What is less well-known is the escalating humanitarian crisis in Gaza. The legacy of Operation Cast Lead is a living nightmare for one and a half million Palestinians squeezed into one of the most overcrowded and wretched stretches of land on the planet. And as Israel and Egypt maintain a near total blockade against Gaza, the misery deepens by the day.

This is not only shocking in humanitarian terms. It is not in Israel's or Egypt's interest, either. Confining people in abject poverty in a tiny slice of territory is a recipe for continued bitterness, fury and radicalism.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
The Hamas terrorists bought that on themselves, they should stop attacking Israel

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by dereks
The Hamas terrorists bought that on themselves, they should stop attacking Israel

Although no one supports hamas and there actions. Israel have there eyes on it all, and we all know they do.

Israel was started by terrorism, and its still going on. Do you think the people that made israel, do not give a hoot about killing people, as thats the way the country first came about anyway.

This is not an anti israel statement, its just the truth.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Mmmmm... "thousands of families in southern Israel forced to flee to other parts of the country". I must say, I have not seen any evidence of this presented.
It's also ironic that many of those Palestinian bottle rockets seem to fall on open ground or on settlements built on land that the Israelis forced the Palestinians from at gunpoint.
Even more sickening, is that the Israeli leadership still memorialise and celebrate the bombing of the King David hotel, killing many British services members in the process, yet our own politicians still bow down to them and allow them into the country. What part of "terrorism" do they not seem to grasp?

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by dereks

My friend, it is minds like your's that have brought the situation to what it is today. I only wonder how you would think if you happened to be born on the other side of the border rather than within a nation who's military might ensures your ability to openly express your views and opinions and exercise your politics at the expense of others knowing full well that no such military response can ever be achieved upon your own home land.

Can you not see the obvious here ?

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
Mmmmm... "thousands of families in southern Israel forced to flee to other parts of the country". I must say, I have not seen any evidence of this presented.
It's also ironic that many of those Palestinian bottle rockets seem to fall on open ground or on settlements built on land that the Israelis forced the Palestinians from at gunpoint.
Even more sickening, is that the Israeli leadership still memorialise and celebrate the bombing of the King David hotel, killing many British services members in the process, yet our own politicians still bow down to them and allow them into the country. What part of "terrorism" do they not seem to grasp?

British politicians make more flights to Israel than to the rest of the world combined. The Israeli lobby funds all these trips, they also have influence over the BBC.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
So they lift the blockade then what, Hamas can come and go as thet please blow up and kill who they please but still leave there people living in squaler and being used as human shields.

America was started through terrorism should every American leave?

How many countries where not started by killing there nieghbours and talking the land?

How is that different to Isreal?

How easy it is to forget your own history when the moral high ground is around.

So lets say every person left Isreal and it ceased to exsist what will the Palistineans do with it?

Would they be content to stay in there own little part of the world?

In my opinion like any counrty they will want to expaned. no easy solution with this one as both sides want the other to cease exsisting.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

These are just the steps needed to force the issue and tear down the midden heap that has spouted up. I find it difficult to even imagine that anyone would even consider reconizing this area as a city much less making it a nation. want to take positive steps stablizing the middle east? dismantle the camp, disperse the chattel that exist there and kill as many of the terrorist hiding there as you can find.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phedreus
reply to post by tristar

These are just the steps needed to force the issue and tear down the midden heap that has spouted up. I find it difficult to even imagine that anyone would even consider reconizing this area as a city much less making it a nation. want to take positive steps stablizing the middle east?

You would be suprized at who actually is taking notice, this may be a simple web site to you, but it does tend to draw the relevant attention that many obviously fail and have failed and will fail to understand.

dismantle the camp, disperse the chattel that exist there and kill as many of the terrorist hiding there as you can find.

...and i began to think that your post was somewhat constructive.

top topics

join