It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012: Did it ever occur to anyone that just maybe...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
... the religious zealots have been right, all along...? For SCIENTIFIC Reasons!

It's really amazing to me, how the masses can be so obtuse - I mean, we all recognize that the universe is a violent place:
- stars are born all the time,
- stars die all the time,
- cosmic objects collide all the time,
- cosmic objects influence one another all the time through gravity, EM forces, radiation, etc

Why is everyone so quick to dismiss that EARTH could be affected by outside forces just as all other stellar entities, especially considering that the evidence is there that we've been impacted BEFORE! Moreover, why is it so hard to come to grips with the fact that NOW may be one of those times? Jesus... Wake UP!

I am not a religious person. Not in the slightest - But the SCIENCE suggests that from a historical perspective, a lot of what has been written down over the ages carries some weight.

Quit burying your heads, people.

Practically EVERY religion speaks of planetary cataclysms, horrific human tragedies, beings from the sky carried 'in the bodies of wingless birds', a great flood... the similarities are endless - across cultures that would've had NO interaction with one another.

Spend some time examining the SCIENCE around some of these theories.

Two items you may want to familiarize yourselves with, for starters:
- Ivan "Evon" Stein's Timeline to 2012, &
- Robert "Morning Sky's" Terra Papers
(need better link only found this summary) --> PDF format of WHOLE THING --> Here
- Others?

I would also like to suggest that EVERY conspiracy theory (at least the more 'popular' ones) discussed on this site can be considered as evidence, necessity and preparation for what lies ahead.

Or, keep on with your Facebook updates, soccer games, PTA meetings, corporate mergers, dinner parties, Vegas vacations*, and just pretend nothing will ever happen.

You're welcome.

*Okay, life is meant for living - by all means, have fun doing all that stuff [Going to Vegas for Xmas, myself] but, at least acknowledge, if not prepare for the future, in your 'spare' time. [/hops off of soapbox]

[edited for linkage - found a newer link for Terra Papers from another thread]

[edit on 12/22/2009 by SquirrelNutz]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Im watching the timeline to 2012 at the moment, just got finished with part 1 and am on part 2. It is pretty interesting so far. I like how he compared solar systems/galaxys to atoms with electrons spinning around just as planets do around the sun. Pretty interesting so far.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
well, as a matter of fact, YES, these things have occurred to me

and occurred and occurred and occurred
so i returned jab for jab

and my how deep it runs!

i don't think anything's going to be horrible or doom but i have no doubt that it's not all part of a far greater thing than most human minds are ready to examine

thank GOD for providence
or vice versa.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Agreed. The most significant thing I took away from those relationships is that everything revolves around each other (literally and figuratively) - all things influence one another - electromagnetically, gravitationally, etc. and ALL matter has charge and mass, therefor all are affected by these forces, obviously - learn how to manipulate that charge or gravitational field, and you're golden.

And these interactions are important to not only understanding the past, but working towards the future, as well - consider the work that CERN is doing in regards to understanding/controlling those forces (and the implications).

Michio Kaku and other astrophysicists have talked at length about things such as Time Travel, for example - there are NO laws of physics that are broken with that concept, btw. Just science that we have not yet mastered, yet, holding us back (or... is it? A discussion for another thread)

[edited for grammar/spelling]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

You are preaching to the choir here. It really is getting old seeing some much of this "WAKE UP" people. Yelling will wake no one, least of all the sort of people you will find reading a site like this, pretty much they wouldn't be here if they weren't thinking about these sorts of things.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Chett

I disagree - there are plenty of people who regularly post on this board for the sole purpose of debunking much of what is discussed.

Not only that, but plenty of CTers subsribe to one theory and not another.

This site has 200,000 members and who knows how many millions of regular visitors.

If all were on board, it would be a helluva lot easier to disseminate this info to others. Not everyone is on board, sadly.

Bring me Phage.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
As a skeptic I want to point out that it's not that I don't think anything will happen in 2012, I just don't think anyone can predict what will happen. You can claim to make a prediction, but there's no guarantee it will happen.

The universe is a big place, heck, our galaxy is a big place. Things happen all the time. To say they're going to happen on December 21st (or 24th depending on where you read it), 2012 in our exact place in space and time is just a little too...well...wacky to me.

Earth is long overdue for a collision with a comet or large asteroid...why? Because historical evidence dating back millions of years says that every few million years we get hit with a giant rock. It's like predicting the weather...it's going to rain because in the past 150 years when the clouds looked like that, the barometric pressue was this high and the temperature was such-and-such degrees right about this time of year...it rained.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   

You had my attention right up until I read this statement:

''Or, keep on with your Facebook updates, soccer games, PTA meetings, corporate mergers, dinner parties, Vegas vacations*, and just pretend nothing will ever happen.''

...then your article lost all manner of credibility with me.

Perception is a fascinating old animal isn't it? Although you did have my attention, it was actually attention based on reading you get on your pedestal and 'preach' to the reader, albeit in subtle ways. Furthermore, for you to ASSUME that someone who watches a soccer game, or attends a dinner party naturally pretends that nothing will ever happen is, quite frankly, ludicruously absurd and obtuse of you. You probably wrote that with your tongue firmly in your cheek, but if you expect to encourage serious debate then start considering the content of your post.

Pot, kettle and black.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I was just looking at SOHO movies for the last few days you know as we approach December 21st, 2009. Images for LASCO C2 and C3 jump a few days last image on both is 2009-12-19 0318GMT and the next image is dated 2009-12-21 2018GMT.

I wanted to see if the Sun did anything unusual as we get closer to alignment of 2012 with the center of the galaxy. It's getting closer. Whether it's cataclysmic or not is the $1 000 000 question.

You can see the milky way in the background sliding left to right behind the sun though. On LASCO C3 the background gets a lot darker after Dec. 21.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by BAZ752

You had my attention right up until I read this statement:

''Or, keep on with your Facebook updates, soccer games, PTA meetings, corporate mergers, dinner parties, Vegas vacations*, and just pretend nothing will ever happen.''

...then your article lost all manner of credibility with me.

Perception is a fascinating old animal isn't it? Although you did have my attention, it was actually attention based on reading you get on your pedestal and 'preach' to the reader, albeit in subtle ways. Furthermore, for you to ASSUME that someone who watches a soccer game, or attends a dinner party naturally pretends that nothing will ever happen is, quite frankly, ludicruously absurd and obtuse of you. You probably wrote that with your tongue firmly in your cheek, but if you expect to encourage serious debate then start considering the content of your post.

Pot, kettle and black.

I think you may have missed the footnote at the bottom of the post:

" Vegas vacations* "

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   

You know what, I've just read my response back and it sounds a little...what should we say? ''Scrooged'' perhaps?

You make a fair response, though. I just believe perception is such a unqiue thing to everyone, fact is, I agree with a good majority of what you've posted, but I disagreed with the nature and method by which the message was conveyed.

Arguably, you could contend that I'm contradicting myself, because of how I ''perceived'' your message, couldn't you? ha ha ha

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
The reason that most people can not fathom the possibility is because they are too hung up on the following:

1. Focusing on December 21, 2012. The truth is that the world is not going to "end" on that date. This is a progressive deterioration and actually quite scientifically possible and cyclic. People need to spend more time researching what happened nearly 26,000 years ago.

2. Religious aspect. Many people are so determined to prove religeon is nothing more than blind faith with no firm ground as "proof" of God, Allah, etc., that they dismiss the entire religious texts. Instead, they should realize that the Bible, Quaran, etc., are historical texts as well. It's kind of like reading a real estate ad and removing all of the adjectives to see what you are actually left with. If you read the Bible, and remove the emotions, adjectives, etc., there are fascinating stories of history contained within those pages.

3. Y2K. Somehow Y2K became a huge media sensation with people declaring the world was going to end. It began as a simple computer recognition problem and escalated to "we are all doomed". The fabrication and sensationalism of December 31, 1999 has conditioned people to laugh at all things "end times".

The most interesting thing to me is that it is no longer whether or not 2012 is REAL, but rather how many people BELIEVE it's real.

There are interesting things going on that point to the possibility that governments are aware of this transitional period. I'll leave it at that since right now it is just speculation.

It won't take much for the "2012 is real" movement to gather steam and again, if too many people begin to scramble and panic, then that will become the catalyst and 2012 itself will become moot.

There are more and more MSM sites that release simple, non-dazzling stories with headlines such as: "Hmmm...2012 a real possibility?" and the like. I find this telling because if they were simply trying to ride the media frenzy and increase readership, they would draw more attention to the article and make a bigger deal out of it.

For now, I have a few things that I keep in the back of my mind to look for relating to 2012. Kind of like my own personal checklist. But then I have my own theory and don't listen to the rest of the misinformation and hype.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Yes something could destroy the world in 2012,or atleast wipe out most life on it.. but it could also happen tomorrow...next week...next year etc It doesn't mean it has been predicted. Something is always happening or bound to happen at sometime or other.
In the end there is no reason to get worked up about it. Right now this is our home and if it's fecked so are we.

[edit on 22-12-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz
... the religious zealots have been right, all along...? For SCIENTIFIC Reasons!

It's really amazing to me, how the masses can be so obtuse - I mean, we all recognize that the universe is a violent place:
- stars are born all the time,
- stars die all the time,
- cosmic objects collide all the time,
- cosmic objects influence one another all the time through gravity, EM forces, radiation, etc

Why is everyone so quick to dismiss that EARTH could be affected by outside forces just as all other stellar entities, especially considering that the evidence is there that we've been impacted BEFORE! Moreover, why is it so hard to come to grips with the fact that NOW may be one of those times? Jesus... Wake UP!

I am not a religious person. Not in the slightest - But the SCIENCE suggests that from a historical perspective, a lot of what has been written down over the ages carries some weight.

Quit burying your heads, people.

Practically EVERY religion speaks of planetary cataclysms, horrific human tragedies, beings from the sky carried 'in the bodies of wingless birds', a great flood... the similarities are endless - across cultures that would've had NO interaction with one another.

Spend some time examining the SCIENCE around some of these theories.

Two items you may want to familiarize yourselves with, for starters:
- Ivan "Evon" Stein's Timeline to 2012, &
- Robert "Morning Sky's" Terra Papers
(need better link only found this summary) --> PDF format of WHOLE THING --> Here
- Others?

I would also like to suggest that EVERY conspiracy theory (at least the more 'popular' ones) discussed on this site can be considered as evidence, necessity and preparation for what lies ahead.

Or, keep on with your Facebook updates, soccer games, PTA meetings, corporate mergers, dinner parties, Vegas vacations*, and just pretend nothing will ever happen.

You're welcome.

*Okay, life is meant for living - by all means, have fun doing all that stuff [Going to Vegas for Xmas, myself] but, at least acknowledge, if not prepare for the future, in your 'spare' time. [/hops off of soapbox]

[edited for linkage - found a newer link for Terra Papers from another thread]

Thats because all religeons make there predictions based on events that happened before the said religeon was created. It would be easy for me to witness a car crash and then say there will be another one sometime in the future. If i was then to put this prediction down to some divine entity telling me it was going to happen. Im pretty sure i would be bombarded by posts from people telling me i was crazy or something. Religeons no different.

It still amazes me how much weight people give to books and scriptures that were written thousands of years ago. We need to stop living in the past and constantly checking to see if whats happening now has been written before.

So what if it has. All that it proves is that its happened before.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Algebra
It still amazes me how much weight people give to books and scriptures that were written thousands of years ago. We need to stop living in the past and constantly checking to see if whats happening now has been written before.

Here's what you seem to be overlooking:

When patterns emerge, it becomes a cycle. The same way that our seasons were determined, the same way that we know how long it takes for the Earth to completely orbit the sun. These "periods" were determined by a repeating cycle of the PAST.

Now, instead of focusing on our little lifetimes of 100 years -- which is actually meaningless and insignificant to the big picture -- think bigger. Bigger cycles. This is exactly why the Mayans developed their calendar. All of the "wheels" contained within their calendar show this very premise.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

The mayans did what any one of us could do with some time and basic math. They were astrologers which while interesting is simply superstition in the end.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Excellent, EXcellent contribution, my friend. *'d and noted!

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627

Here's what you seem to be overlooking:

When patterns emerge, it becomes a cycle. The same way that our seasons were determined, the same way that we know how long it takes for the Earth to completely orbit the sun. These "periods" were determined by a repeating cycle of the PAST.

Now, instead of focusing on our little lifetimes of 100 years -- which is actually meaningless and insignificant to the big picture -- think bigger. Bigger cycles. This is exactly why the Mayans developed their calendar. All of the "wheels" contained within their calendar show this very premise.

So whats your point? Your actualy proving what i just said. That which has happened before will happen again given a long enough ammount of time. Its the law of Averages.

God did'nt tell me this, so why try to use it as an excuse to control people, By claiming he did. Thats my point about religeons, and what difference does it have to me now in my one little 100 year life. Whats written thousands of years ago in the bible. This is what i mean by living in the past. We need new ideas. A whole new approach if were going to move forward.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons

The mayans did what any one of us could do with some time and basic math. They were astrologers which while interesting is simply superstition in the end.

I hardly think tracking the locations of the cosmos, and identifying the emergence of a pattern and its effects on weather, harvests, earthquake patterns, etc., is hardly considered "superstition".

The Mayans did not predict the end of time. Rather, they focused on the end and start of varying ages based on recurring cycles.

There is no superstition in that at all. Rather, it is completely and soundly mathematical and astronomical.

[edit on 22-12-2009 by lpowell0627]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   

So whats your point? Your actualy proving what i just said. That which has happened before will happen again given a long enough ammount of time. Its the law of Averages.

Exactly. But ignoring whaqt transpired nearly 26000 years ago JUST BECAUSE there is ALSO a religious connotation is rather short-sighted.

God did'nt tell me this, so why try to use it as an excuse to control people, By claiming he did. Thats my point about religeons, and what difference does it have to me now in my one little 100 year life. Whats written thousands of years ago in the bible. This is what i mean by living in the past. We need new ideas. A whole new approach if were going to move forward.

Again, you are so blinded by the word GOD and whatever implications that you think it has, that you fail to recognize the deeper, NON-spiritual meaning behind all of this.

People hear "religeon" and they become blind to everything that follows that one word.

Again, forget the spiritual aspect for a moment and focus on the history of it.

The Bible was written by people that walked the Earth. Just because some people have elevated their status and chosen to worship them, does not omit their existence nor does it merely refute all of their messages.

Again, the Bible is like a real estate ad. (I am not belittling religion, but attempting to find common ground between believers and non-believers). If you remove the adjectives and "creativity" you will find the facts on what you are contemplating "buying" or in the case of the Bible, buying into.

If people had chosen to worship Benjamin Franklin, or Plato, or Aristotle, would it diminish their findings? Would it negate the relaying of times as they were? No, but it would ensure that along the way their messages would be elevated, expounded, and embellished.

The Hopi Indians, Mayans, I-Ching, Bible, Quaran, and other "works", all have very different COMPLETE messages. However, it is in the similarities that you will find what's most interesting and telling. And the similarities have nothing to do with faith, but rather are a very interesting culmination of history.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join