It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul on Fox Business: Bernanke is World's Greatest Counterfeiter

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Every time I watching something from Faux News I feel like I need a shower - with sawdust and brillo pads

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I really like you, DD...I look at lists of threads & it seems your name pops up a lot on the best of them

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
And folks like Dr. Paul are leading the charge and waking up the masses, ever so slowly.

It's been an uphill battle for Dr. Paul, I agree, but he's "gettin' 'er done" & I admire his tenacity...Over 35 years from the inside of the mess & he's only just now getting the public attention & support that's really needed to straighten out this country.
I've read an interview with Dr. Paul somewhere (don't remember the source right now, but it's pretty recent) that even though he doesn't really plan for another shot at the POTUS, he's not given up on it either...Put him in the Kentucky Derby & I'd bet he'd runs rings around 'em all!

I'm surprised with Dr. Paul's strength & long-term endurance, because he ain't no "spring chicken" anymore.

From the Personal Liberty Digest (excerpted):

The son of the Republican Congressman from Texas Ron Paul has announced he will be seeking a Senate seat from Kentucky.
-------------------------------
The younger Paul is an eye surgeon, and the announcement marks his first foray into politics, although his libertarian-conservative views were widely publicized during his father’s short-lived presidential campaign in 2008.

In particular, Paul is a strict constitutionalist who believes in traditional Republican principles of small government and a free-market economy.

It took a doctor over 30 years to open America's eyes...And it seems it'll take an eye surgeon to ensure that we're seeing clearly. Heck of a lot better idea than the kind of health our current pundits in office are shoving down our collective throats, for certain!

Originally posted by TXRabbit
Every time I watching something from Faux News I feel like I need a shower - with sawdust and brillo pads

A strong deodorizer is necessary too...That's not merely "dirt" they're throwing into the fan...

Originally posted by Signals
Agreed but I'm afraid they are so entrenched....their roots so deep....we may have to burn the forest to kill that tree. Are we really ready for that?

Well, Thomas Jefferson said:

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

But even if the forest must be burned down around the Tree of Liberty, we can always plant a new forest based from the same species as the Liberty Tree.
From Wendell Phillips:

Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty; power is ever stealing from the many to the few.

But the new forest must be carefully nurtured...Vigilance cannot be relaxed. Never again.
From Thomas Jefferson (again):

Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty.

The teaching of vigilance must never be compromised.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

All I can say is I am praying he gets his audit the fed act put through, and then ABOLISHES this cyst on the behind of america.

My understanding is that the bill is going through but it's been gutted by amendments.

Paul also introduced a bill to legalize creating currency. That should go over like the proverbial lead balloon.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by leftystrat

No doubt. Anyone remember this story?

www.msnbc.msn.com...

I wonder if this may be the catalyst behind the type of currency Dr. Paul is thinking about? To go back to something that actually HAS value?

Of course the criminal racketeers at the fed don't want any competition though.

Gotta monopolize the debt-slavery system.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by leftystrat
Paul also introduced a bill to legalize creating currency. That should go over like the proverbial lead balloon.

Well, JFK's Executive Order 11110 was never repealed, so it already is legal for Congress to issue currency again, as long as it's still gold/silver based, as specified in Article 1, Section 10, Clause 3...Because the Feds can't force any currency upon the States that isn't gold or silver.

The currency Dr. Paul refers to is one or more alternative currencies (still based on gold/silver) to be used among States & the People. Use of such competitive currency would force the Federal Government to face the choice of stabilizing the Dollar (& return gold/silver backing to it, as it was before the Emergency Banking Relief Act), reduce the size & operating costs of the government itself, as well as strengthen the circulation of currencies for a better economy.

In his introduction to the Free Competition in Currency Act to congress, Ron Paul pointed out that the "legal tender laws" legislated through Congress had been in violation of the Constitution in the first place...And he also calls for the repeal of many (if not all) Federal Legal Tender Laws.

Article I Section 10 of the Constitution forbids the States from making anything but gold and silver a legal tender in payment of debts. States are not required to enact legal tender laws, but should they choose to, the only acceptable legal tender is gold and silver, the two precious metals that individuals throughout history and across cultures have used as currency. However, there is nothing in the Constitution that grants the Congress the power to enact legal tender laws. We, the Congress, have the power to coin money, regulate the value thereof, and of foreign coin, but not to declare a legal tender. Yet, there is a section of US Code, 31 USC 5103, that purports to establish US coins and currency, including Federal Reserve notes, as legal tender.

The core reason coming from the 10th Amendment that specifies (emphasis added):

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

In short, if it ain't already in the Constitution, the Feds are forbidden by Law to do it!
As Ron Paul pointed out, the Constitution contains no allowances to let Congress create legal tender, but the States may do so, provided that such legal tender is gold and/or silver.

Of course the criminal racketeers at the fed don't want any competition though.

Heh! You hit the nail head-on, DD. Also stated in the link above, Ron Paul admits:

On the desk in my office I have a sign that says: “Don’t steal – the government hates competition.”

[edit on 25-12-2009 by MidnightDStroyer]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join