It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Lost:' Season Six Discussion...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

Yeh i just think they could have accomplished ALOT more in 50mins.

I made a comment to my wife during the episode and i wondered if anyone else actually agrees.

"Sayeed is one of my favourite 'on island' characters, yet i can never stand his 'off island' scenes."

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentShadow
I felt so under whelmed during this episode. I can't stand these 'filler' episodes from the lost writers that we sometimes have to sit through.

I didn't like it much either.

Originally posted by SilentShadow
Her name is on the 'list' and is in the cave. We just didn't see it.

Okay. That's why I didn't know this (because it was revealed outside of the show). I tend to not watch interviews for fear of being spoiled.

Originally posted by chissler
I don't think it was wasted. At some point the story of each character needs to move along without some jaw-dropping revelation.

Speaking of revelations, I think that the last scene of the series has to be a shocking thing because the endings of most of the episodes are cliffhangers, and this is what makes a great ending. What do you think? I don't like when an ending of an episode is "happy" (that is, there's no cliffhanger, the episode just wraps up). I understand that there cannot be a cliffhanger to a series finale, but something shocking would be awesome!

But each and every time one of these episodes that I feel was underwhelming ends, and I watch it back, I'm always left satisfied.

I think I know what you mean. This makes sense since when you are rewatching an episode, particularly if you are rewatching a season after you have already seen it, you are watching the episode within the entire context of the season (I mean, you know how the season, plot-wise, all plays out). It seems that you are already considering how the writers work, so this is great!

Originally posted by Gazrok
I don't think Jacob "killed" Nadia...I simply think he "knew" she was going to die... We already know (or can at least infer) that both Jacob and MIB are supernatural beings, so ascribing the property of limited omniscience isn't that far-fetched for Jacob.

I should have put my killed in quotes, I guess. That's what I mean - Jacob didn't "intentionally" kill her, he just decided to save Sayid. Then again, though, since Jacob didn't decide to save Nadia, he really did kill her! It can go wither way.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta
Richard was a prisoner on the Black Rock?

Gotta give credit where credit is due: Nice call on this! Very nice!

Now, on to the new episode. I love the new Ben! He is so nice, but he can still manipulate. I was so shocked when Richard said that he wanted to kill himself! About Richard, we got some answers when it comes to his character. The scene with Jack and Richard in the Black Rock was very cool too.

And what the hell is Widmore up to? Is his group the group that Jacob referred to before he died? Now that I think about it, Widmore might mess up the battle between Team Jacob and Team MIB.

I'm happy this episode was so great since last episode wasn't.

Also, the preview makes it look like Kate is officially with MIB.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Yep, was nice to get some answers on Richard. I always thought he was there before the Black Rock, but seems he was a prisoner on board. Nice to have some backstory. (and wow, good call about Richard earlier...great connections..."nice to see you out of those chains")

Jacob sure had this plan in motion for a LONG time....(or there were previous candidates). It seems the candidates can die (or opt for evil), but MIB can't kill them (the rules)....directly at least.

I think Kate is with Sawyer, and Sawyer is with MIB, so she is just there by default. Her main goal is also that Claire is with MIB, and she wants to get Claire off the island (which is what the Locke-ness Monster is promising).

I wonder who else is on the sub with Widmore. Jacob said THEY are coming, and I had a feeling it was the off-islanders (i.e. including Desmond and Faraday)...

[edit on 10-3-2010 by Gazrok]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Great episode last night!

Richard actually answered the question as to why he doesn't age. While it wasn't a direct answer, the source of this "gift" was revealed. Not shocking in any way, but progress on answers we've been searching for. I believe there is a Richard centric episode coming up in March where a lot of answers on the character are revealed.

Who is the centric character next week?

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Hasn't been revealed yet, not even the title...

as far as I know...

My guess is that it would focus a bit on Widmore, if for no other reason than to more thoroughly explain his arrival to the island. (after all, no more homing beacon, so how did he find it?) What is the meaning of banishment, since both Ben and Widmore have been able to return? Why did Ben and Widmore seem to have the same "rule" about killing each other as "Jacob" and "MIB"?

[edit on 10-3-2010 by Gazrok]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Her main goal is also that Claire is with MIB, and she wants to get Claire off the island (which is what the Locke-ness Monster is promising).

About the MIB's promises, I think that he is making different promises to different people. Sure, the main promise he has been making is that he will get people off the Island, but, to Ben, he promised that he would let Ben run the Island when his group leaves. Also, he promised Claire that she would get Aaron back, but, I guess, we can round that up to her getting off the Island too. If the MIB is supposed to represent evil, he should not keep his word to people.

Richard actually answered the question as to why he doesn't age. While it wasn't a direct answer, the source of this "gift" was revealed. Not shocking in any way, but progress on answers we've been searching for.

I am almost sure that Richard has already said that Jacob made him this way, but it was still nice to have another confirmation.

I believe there is a Richard centric episode coming up in March where a lot of answers on the character are revealed.

Awesome! It may be episode 9, "Ab Aeterno." I only think this because of the title.

Who is the centric character next week?

Not sure, but the title of the next episode is "Recon." The war connotations are all over the place when it comes to episode titles this season.

Hasn't been revealed yet, not even the title...

as far as I know...

We know the title. If you dig deeper than what's been posted in this thread, I am sure you can find the centrics for future episodes too. I don't want to do this because I don't want to spoil things for myself. If the message board that I use posts the centric information in the thread titles, I share this information here. I don't visit those threads if they don't have the centric information (even when they do, I don't).

My guess is that it would focus a bit on Widmore, if for no other reason than to more thoroughly explain his arrival to the island. (after all, no more homing beacon, so how did he find it?) What is the meaning of banishment, since both Ben and Widmore have been able to return? Why did Ben and Widmore seem to have the same "rule" about killing each other as "Jacob" and "MIB"?

Good questions!

By the way, all, here is what we know about the rest of the lineup:

Originally posted by they see ALL
Episode 6.08
Title: "Recon."

Episode 6.09
Title: "Ab Aeterno."

Episode 6.10
Title: "The Package."
Centric: Jin/Sun.

Episode 6.11
Title: "Happily Ever After."
Centric: Desmond.

Episode 6.12
Title: "Everybody Loves Hugo."
Centric: Hurley.

Episode 6.13
Title: "The Last Recruit."

Episode 6.14
Title: "The Candidate."

Episode 6.15
Title: "Across The Sea."

We're still waiting on episode 16 and the two-part series finale.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Each episode this season is bittersweet. As great as each has been and as much as I've enjoyed it, it means we're one episode closer to the end. And I'm looking forward to the finale to finally (hopefully) have some answers, but it's disappointing to think of never being able to look forward to a "new" episode of Lost.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

And I'm looking forward to the finale to finally (hopefully) have some answers, but it's disappointing to think of never being able to look forward to a "new" episode of Lost.

How true this is (and how true your entire post has been)! I am very happy with this season, but I, too, am sad that it is all ending soon. I am also sad since, with every preview, we get a reminder about how many new episodes are left until the series finale.

Speaking of previews, here is the next one:

"Recon" Promo #1

[edit on 10-3-2010 by they see ALL]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by they see ALL

A teaser of that value is nothing but frustrating. It's only purpose is to remind us how many episodes remain before the series finale.

First time one of us comes across a legit trailer for next week's episode, be sure to post it.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   

First time one of us comes across a legit trailer for next week's episode, be sure to post it.

Well, there are sneak peaks out there, but I don't post them since I don't watch them myself (too spoilery for me).

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

If you dig deeper than what's been posted in this thread, I am sure you can find the centrics for future episodes too.

Yeah, I thought I'd seen it before, but surprised it wasn't on Lostpedia...just used to seeing it there, when known.

I do try and skip the previews though (and thanks to the DVR, usually don't catch them anyhow)...I'd rather be surprised completely.

[edit on 11-3-2010 by Gazrok]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I'm annoyed with the upcoming centric episode for Desmond. Just seems a waste of an episode for a secondary character over the course of this series. What I am at the edge of my seat though is the Richard one.

Hopefully I'm surprised by the Desmond episode.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Yeah, I thought I'd seen it before, but surprised it wasn't on Lostpedia...just used to seeing it there, when known.

I don't think Lostpedia lists the titles of the future episodes in advance (unless it is the next episode that is to air).

Hopefully I'm surprised by the Desmond episode.

You just might be! Fans think that Desmond disappeared off the plane after we saw him that one time in the season opener. Maybe he flashed off the plane. We'll see. Also, Eloise told Desmond last season that the Island wasn't done with him, and we haven't really seen him in a direct Island-related plot since then, so maybe his character will become important again.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by they see ALL

I'm sure we'll get answers on Desmond and I guess he has played a vital role in this series, even if not at the forefront. He was the one responsible for the initial plane crash for not entering the numbers. So the more I think of it, seems like there's lots to see.

It's likely an episode that will answer a lot of questions.

Issues with Jack, Ben, Locke, etc. are likely going to be dragged to the final moments. But Desmond.. we could see a lot of answers in that episode.

Suddenly I'm intrigued.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Yep, from hints earlier in the series, Desmond's role is fairly central to whatever is really going on... He was one of the first ones to go time-hopping after all...and I think we'll likely learn more about that with his episode.

Hopefully, it will be more about the island itself, than him though...but it will likely also reveal some Widmore info, as Desmond's flashes tend to do....

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Hopefully, it will be more about the island itself, than him though..

Agreed.

I think it was last season or maybe season 4 that he had an episode or two that was centric to him being off the island. The episode where Ben attacks him. A good episode, but at this point of the game.. I don't really care where the Desmond character goes. But how his character impacts the island and the rest of the characters is essential.

I have faith in the writers that this will be the case.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I missed the last episode but I kind of prefer watching them the following week with all those pop-up notes.

So I have been watching this show ever since Season 1 and I've been confused since Season 2 and I haven't bothered asking questions since Season 3 but one particular thing has really been nagging me lately. WALT. I feel this character has entirely been written off the show and I'm expected to pretend he doesn't exist. I seem to recall during their return trip to the island an emphasis was placed on EVERYONE needing to return, and even Locke had to be dead in the coffin because Jack's dad was dead in the coffin on the original flight. I don't recall any mention of Walt past Michael's death and I'm not certain of the whereabouts of Vincent (the dog) either.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

I believe that character will be revisited this season. I doubt we'll have all the answers, but I have faith that everything that has been done has been done so intentionally. Clare was a key character for the first few seasons and then without notice she just dropped off the map until just two weeks ago. And I don't think it was a contract issue with the actress. Lost just has an ability to write in a way that leaves the viewer scratching their head.

I'd love to see answers on Walt, but only if it applies to the island and the other characters.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrAndy
I seem to recall during their return trip to the island an emphasis was placed on EVERYONE needing to return, and even Locke had to be dead in the coffin because Jack's dad was dead in the coffin on the original flight.

Well, Walt didn't have to be on that flight because he wasn't one of the Oceanic Six. I am sure that Walt's story is done simply because the writers needed him off the Island since he was hitting puberty and he got taller and his voice got deeper. One of the only times we saw him after he left the Island was when Locke spoke to him. This was a very short and, to me, pointless scene. In this scene, Walt was obviously taller and had a deeper voice, but this was written off since it took place three years after the Island adventures.

I believe that character will be revisited this season.

You're more optimistic than I am. If anything, I think that Walt will be mentioned, but not seen again in any new scenes.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join