It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Lost:' Season Six Discussion...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by they see ALL

If they were given the direction or a reason, they would follow him. Just as most characters on the island and in the show, they're passive and blindly follow directions. Dogen is the same.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
If they were given the direction or a reason, they would follow him. Just as most characters on the island and in the show, they're passive and blindly follow directions. Dogen is the same.

Plus, all it seems one has to do to lead the Others is say that it's what Jacob wants. It also seems that Ben used this excuse a lot while he was leader. Now that I think about it, I am sure that Ben got to be leader after he helped kill off DHARMA.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Two new episode titles here:

Episode 6.13
Title: "The Last Recruit."

Episode 6.14
Title: "The Candidate."

Sounds like there is a grand, final battle brewing!

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
You lucky Canadians:

Not sure if anybody has let you know but I just found out that LOST 6.04 will air here in Canada TWO hours BEFORE the American broadcast on Feb 16 at 7:00 pm eastern time on "A channel" . This is because the regular Canadian broadcaster of CTV is airing the Winter Olympics instead. It also looks like the following weeks episode will air at 7pm as well.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Good episode tonight. Looks like Sawyer is on Team Man in Black. I thought that this episode was Sawyer-centric, so I was pleasantly surprised that it was a Locke-centric one. It is really interesting to see Locke in this other timeline (or whatever it will turn out to be) since he does not believe in destiny/miracles because he has not been healed by the Island.

It was nice to see confirmation that Jacob has brought our Losties to the Island. I can see why the Man in Black would be mad at Jacob since it appears that Jacob simply, albeit a bit indirectly, controls people for his own ends. So who do you side with? Which team are you on?

Originally posted by they see ALL
Also, the title for episode five is "The Lighthouse," and not "Lighthouse," as I reported in the first post of this thread. I must have made a typo.

Just to be particular, the next episode is called "Lighthouse." Here is the first promo:

"Lighthouse" Promo.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by they see ALL

Interesting episode.

Next episode is the 'Lighthouse'. I'm guessing this is the off-island station that Eloise Hawking was in? Is MIB's way of getting off the island?

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
We're only up to the epi were Sayid was healed in the UK.

It's really quite interesting now, I can't help but think that the un-lost losties are still gonna end up on the Island just like they were always destined to.

But then again, Desmond never got washed up on the Island, so does that mean it doesn't exist at all anymore, Maybe he still (can't remember if he crashed his boat or what to end up on there) crashed his boat but the island wasn't there and he just got picked up by Coast guard.

It's strange that the Parallel timeline is actually in the past to were they are on the island.

I can't help but think this is just gonna leave us with even more questions.

[edit on 17-2-2010 by Chukkles]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
If I recall right, the Lighthouse is the station where the swinging pendulum was, where Eloise determined how they'd get back to the island.

EDIT: Nope, it's the "Lamp Post", not the Lighthouse... So, maybe the "Lighthouse" represents something that guides those who are "coming" to the island? So we may get a quick answer as to who is coming....

All I could think of, when they descended the ladder to Jacob's cave, was that they were "climbing down Jacob's ladder"...
Something tells me that's a clue more than a joke...

We know MIB is "trapped" on the island, and wants to go "home", and it seems we know that those who are "coming" are NOT part of any group currently on the island (from MIB Locke's mention as he looked out to the sea)...

Ilana certainly seems to know a LOT about what's going on...

Could the "Candidate" really be the one to take Jacob's place? MIB Locke seemed to think so (or lied), but I'm wondering why he'd even suggest it, as it would seem to negate the reason he killed Jacob.

Then there's the ghost kid in the jungle, who said, "You know the rules, you can't kill him"...which seems to imply (just like Ilana scooping up Jacob's ashes) that Jacob is not truly dead. After all, we've seen Jacob bring Locke back to life (twice), so death doesn't seem to be a big obstacle for him...(and of course, how did Sawyer see the kid, when only MIB could see him before? Maybe those who side with MIB, while so allied, can see him?)

To Sawyer's credit though, he recognized it wasn't actually Locke, and really doesn't trust MIB, he just sees him as an end to the means of getting off the island...

So many more questions before we get even some answers...

EDIT: One other thing we learned...Ilana said MIB was now "stuck" in Locke's form, so manifestations of ghosts after Locke reappeared, should NOT be from MIB

[edit on 17-2-2010 by Gazrok]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta
Next episode is the 'Lighthouse'.

Nope. That's the Lamp Post station.

Originally posted by Chukkles
It's really quite interesting now, I can't help but think that the un-lost losties are still gonna end up on the Island just like they were always destined to.

That will be hard to do since the Island is underwater.

It's strange that the Parallel timeline is actually in the past to were they are on the island.

Good point!

I can't help but think this is just gonna leave us with even more questions.

Let's hope not!

Originally posted by Gazrok
EDIT: Nope, it's the "Lamp Post", not the Lighthouse... So, maybe the "Lighthouse" represents something that guides those who are "coming" to the island? So we may get a quick answer as to who is coming....

I think we have already seen the Lighthouse (at least in previous anyways). Take a look at the recent previews in this thread, and you will see Jack smashing mirrors in a place that looks high up. That, I think, is the Lighthouse. What its purpose is, I have no idea.

All I could think of, when they descended the ladder to Jacob's cave, was that they were "climbing down Jacob's ladder"...
Something tells me that's a clue more than a joke...

Never thought of that.

Could the "Candidate" really be the one to take Jacob's place? MIB Locke seemed to think so (or lied), but I'm wondering why he'd even suggest it, as it would seem to negate the reason he killed Jacob.

This whole battle between the two is very confusing and interesting.

Then there's the ghost kid in the jungle, who said, "You know the rules, you can't kill him"...which seems to imply (just like Ilana scooping up Jacob's ashes) that Jacob is not truly dead.

How weird was that kid!? I also thought that Ilana getting some of Jacob's ashes meant that he is not dead, but, playing skeptic here, that kid could just have been saying that the MIB shouldn't have killed Jacob.

After all, we've seen Jacob bring Locke back to life (twice), so death doesn't seem to be a big obstacle for him...(and of course, how did Sawyer see the kid, when only MIB could see him before? Maybe those who side with MIB, while so allied, can see him?)

Maybe candidates can see visions. Throughout this show, our Losties have seen things on the Island that shouldn't be there. Jack and Sun see Christian, Locke sees Boone and other weird things, Kate sees the black horse, Hurley sees Dave, Sayid sees the cat, etc. Now Sawyer has seen something (if he hasn't already). Have all of Jacob's favorites seen things? If so, then my theory may hold true.

To Sawyer's credit though, he recognized it wasn't actually Locke, and really doesn't trust MIB, he just sees him as an end to the means of getting off the island...

That was pretty cool. And what an interesting team they make!

EDIT: One other thing we learned...Ilana said MIB was now "stuck" in Locke's form, so manifestations of ghosts after Locke reappeared, should NOT be from MIB

Very good point to remember. This begs the question, then, of who/what is behind Christian? Also, I have been thinking that when Ben saw Alex under the Temple, he was really seeing the MIB since the MIB left for the moment when she arrived. Who/what is behind her if it cannot be the MIB? She wanted Ben to follow "Locke" no matter what and not kill him, so I figured that this was the MIB. I guess not though.

By the way, I loved all the little, funny lines in this episode, such as the MIB saying that A Tale of Two Cities is after his time, and the MIB saying, after he threw the white stone into the water, that this was an inside joke.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Casting Spoiler...

A previous character from early in the series has been confirmed to return at some point in Season 6. Check it out!

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Yeah, but with the use of flashbacks...it may not mean much...

Maybe candidates can see visions. Throughout this show, our Losties have seen things on the Island that shouldn't be there. Jack and Sun see Christian, Locke sees Boone and other weird things, Kate sees the black horse, Hurley sees Dave, Sayid sees the cat, etc. Now Sawyer has seen something (if he hasn't already). Have all of Jacob's favorites seen things? If so, then my theory may hold true.

I think you just inadvertently hit on something there... If this is true, then SUN is the one, not JINN...of the Kwans that is on Jacob's list.
But, funny that MIB didn't know this to be the case (he's surprised Sawyer can see the kid)....

[edit on 18-2-2010 by Gazrok]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
No matter how much I can pull out of this show and each wee's episodes, I'm always left in awe of what others are pulling from it. I had always felt that season 1 of Prison Break had the greatest writing for a television show, that is until I met Lost.

The writing in this show is mind-boggling.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Must be one HELL of a flow chart!

Just to keep up with the storylines, hehe...not to mention the clues and red herrings...

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I think you just inadvertently hit on something there...

I'm glad you liked this.

If this is true, then SUN is the one, not JINN...of the Kwans that is on Jacob's list.

Yes, but did Jin ever see anything weird too? (I don't feel like watching the whole series over again to find out.) Here is his Lostpedia page. By the way, I just noticed that they now have a "Flash-sideways Timeline." This is great!

Also, here is a page to some screens of the names in Jacob's cave. This page and also provides a list of the legible names in the cave.

But, funny that MIB didn't know this to be the case (he's surprised Sawyer can see the kid)....

This may negate my theory (unless the MIB does not know as much when compared to Jacob).

Originally posted by chissler
No matter how much I can pull out of this show and each wee's episodes, I'm always left in awe of what others are pulling from it.

Fans can pull anything from this show! You should take a visit in my head when I watch it!

I had always felt that season 1 of Prison Break had the greatest writing for a television show, that is until I met Lost.

'Lost' is the best show ever!

The writing in this show is mind-boggling.

Sure is!

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
The current EW (Entertainment Weekly) mag has some interesting insights into what to expect soon. Really nice article on Lost.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I love the EW.com site. They've got a good 30+ minutes worth of reading each week after each episode. Great analysis and solid theories getting presented there.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I love this new moniker....

"The Locke-ness Monster"

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

The current EW (Entertainment Weekly) mag has some interesting insights into what to expect soon. Really nice article on Lost.

I'll have to check this out! Thanks!

Here is the second promo for this week's episode:

"Lighthouse" Promo #2

Looks like Claire wants Aaron back!

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Great promo!

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
What a great episode tonight! Although it was a Jack-centric one (which I don't protest to in any way), Hurley was the one who seemed like a major player and we also saw a lot a Clarie's story play out. How cool was the Lighthouse scene!? And how awesome was it that the MIB is Claire's friend (okay, so you could've, maybe called that one)!?

I think that Jack is going to realize that he is the next Jacob. It would make sense because Locke is the MIB and the two - Jack and Locke - have always been at odds with each other. Also, it appears definite that when one is infected, he or she becomes a follower of the MIB since Claire has befriended him. It's interesting to see that Claire was tortured like Sayid was. Additionally, Claire was living just like Rousseau. It was nice to see this parallel (two women whose babies were both stolen from them living alone [or, in the case of Claire, almost alone] on the Island).

I am wondering, though, that when we last saw Claire (in Jacob's cabin), she didn't seem to care about Aaron, but now, all of a sudden, this is the only thing she cares about. Take a look at her Lostpedia page to get a refresher of the scene I am referring to.

Also, I am pondering the MIB's possible transformation. When we first saw him, he seemed mad at Jacob for always bringing people to the Island (perhaps to find his replacement?). But now the MIB does not give a damn about the Island. Maybe the MIB is and always was just mad at Jacob because Jacob is playing his own game and treating people as mere pawns. Thus, maybe there was no transformation of character.

Sticking with this strain of thought, it is interesting to note that both Jacob and the MIB rely on lies, half-truths, and not telling entire stories. The MIB is lying to Claire about Aaron being at the Temple and Jacob kept Hurley out of the loop by not telling him his (Jacob's) actual plan. The idea that one is good and the other is evil may get a bit muddled because of this realization.

I loved how Hurley, when talking to Jack in the Lighthouse about Jacob, sounded just like an Other and how Jack reverted back to his old, skeptical self.

I almost forgot one of the biggest mysteries: Jack's son! Are we to believe that Jack always had a son (even though he tells Hurley that he would have made a terrible father and we have never seen or heard of any proof of a son)? Or is this proof that this other timeline is a completely different universe where not only the events after the crash are different from the original, but also events way before the crash? I think the latter is the case. Now that I think about it, the latter may have been always the case since Desmond was on the plane and etc.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join