It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Lost:' Season Six Discussion...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Can someone please confirm for me please..?? I can't be the only one? surely..??

I AM A UK LOST ADDICT!!

There, I said it.

It's out in the open now. :0)

If lost airs 20.00 tuesdays, central time.

What time should I be able to stream that episode from a moody site?

ABC say's wrong territory. I can understand that. territorial rights etc

What seriously pisses me off.. Take nbc's? The office, can't even see

webepisodes? Surely a fan base thing?

Anyway, waiting for episode 3..... still.

Maybe i'll answer my own question for other UK addicts.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Alright I had thought it was Claire but thank you for the clarification. So I suppose that means we'll be getting some insight into this whole ordeal in two weeks. Since next week is sure to deal with the other half of the survivors.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by callmedave

You could try hulu, but maybe you will have to give it a day or two after the episode originally airs here in the States. Right now, they have all the episodes of 'Lost' (including the Season Six episodes) available for free streaming. Hope this helps!

Originally posted by NoJoker13
So I suppose that means we'll be getting some insight into this whole ordeal in two weeks. Since next week is sure to deal with the other half of the survivors.

I am sure there can be two focal points to an episode, but you are correct in assuming that there could also be just one (since tonight's episode just had one). The next episode is entitled, The Substitute." I have no idea as to what it is referring to.

What I am interested in is seeing Claire's reaction to Jin. She seemed to recognize him. Also, when Rousseau's team was infected, one of them had a positive attitude towards the Monster (he said it was just a security system). Since we now know that the Monster is the Man in Black, I am sure that when one gets infected he/she will be on the side of the Man in Black.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

Originally posted by callmedave

You could try hulu, but maybe you will have to give it a day or two after the episode originally airs here in the States. Right now, they have all the episodes of 'Lost' (including the Season Six episodes) available for free streaming. Hope this helps!

Many thanks, but hulu is also region specific for me?

I thought the UK and US was friends..

edit; found it. 04.28 gmt. (i love the net)

[edit on 9-2-2010 by callmedave]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by they see ALL

I'm not so sure Claire and Sayid are so simply infected... I mean why would jacob have hugo bring sayid there anyway? Kinda makes you think that Jacob knew this would happen. We gather that Claire is also infected by what the Korean guy's remarks were(He also introduced himself i forgot his name), saying to Jack it happened to your sister. So what exactly does getting "infected" do? Is it all that the Korean guy says? I'm willing to bet there's a bit more to it then that... But I'm guessing your thinking that also.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Last nights episode completely sucked and was boring as hell.

They should have had Kate hit the nuke and die instead of Juliet....Juliet is intelligent and I like her......Kate needs a bullet to the head.

The whole Kate & Claire thing was inane and tedious...we did not get one question about anything answered last night other than Sayid is "infected"....big whoop ! Dogen knows alot but he is tightlipped about everything.....total waste of time.

Why is it that the producers think Kate is interesting ?? her acting sucks and she is nothing but a pain in the ass....for Jacob's sake someone shoot her !!

The only good part was when Claire shot the two Others...that's it....we got no answers at all and as a bonus we got 10min of commercials every 5 min.

I absolutley hated last night's episode....then again anytime they focus on Kate the show goes downhill.

maybe next week we will get answers....and hopefully Kate will die finally.

AG

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I'm still back to thinking Richard is either God or represents an Archangel, and Jacob represents another Archangel, while MIB represents either Lucifer or one of his ranking demons.

I think both Jacob and MIB have the ability to project "ghosts"...so it will be difficult to tell the source of ghosts in past episodes....(good ghost or bad ghost)...who then advised our main characters to do some action.

MIB's reference to "wanting to go home" is, I believe, the desire of a fallen angel wanting to return to Heaven. Now, I don't think the writers, etc, are going the traditional "Christian" route, but are instead, leaving the themes present, without naming a particular religion in particular. I think this makes the island kind of a spiritual "testing ground" for lack of a better explanation... Jacob believes man is ultimately good, MIB believes man is ultimately evil. Perhaps by proving Jacob wrong, MIB believes he will get to go home?

My idea is that throughout time, both parties have brought or convinced people to come to the island, and the Losties represent the last group of "participants" in the grand test between the two entities.

For the above poster, I get it...you hate Kate...
Thing is, she's hot, so isn't really going anywhere anytime soon probably...hehe... Her character though, is a study in redemption, just as many others are (Jack and Sawyer, for example)...which is pretty much likely to be the central theme of the entire show..."Does man deserve redemption?"

My real mystery is the folks (Others) at the temple. My guess is that they were all brought to the island in the past, and before the Dharma guys. Some may be from the Black Rock, others from the military that brought Jughead, etc. One guess is that they (including the Losties) don't age while on the island (but do while off of it). This lack of aging may explain the fertility issues (hard for the fetus to grow if it doesn't age). It may also be why the producers needed to get Walt off the island quick (his real life aging would have been at odds with this part of the mythology).

So many mysteries, so little time. Next week's episode looks good....

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
For the above poster, I get it...you hate Kate...
Thing is, she's hot, so isn't really going anywhere anytime soon probably...hehe...

You have no idea how much I hate Kate
and I think she brings the show down.

Hot or not....she has to go.....but since it is the last season I doubt I will get my wish.....which would be the smoke monster ripping her apart limb from limb and feeding her to the Dharma shark.

AG

[edit on 10-2-2010 by Alpha Grey]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

So what exactly does getting "infected" do?

That's one of the million dollar questions!

But I'm guessing your thinking that also.

Yup!

I'm still back to thinking Richard is either God or represents an Archangel, and Jacob represents another Archangel, while MIB represents either Lucifer or one of his ranking demons.

If this is true, hopefully the producers will stick to mere representations, and not state directly that one character is an angel and another is not. I like your theory though!

I think both Jacob and MIB have the ability to project "ghosts"...so it will be difficult to tell the source of ghosts in past episodes....(good ghost or bad ghost)...who then advised our main characters to do some action.

That's what I am having trouble with now. We assumed that the Monster were the ghosts, but it is difficult to say for sure (especially because Christian and the Man in Black, as Locke, were in scenes together).

My idea is that throughout time, both parties have brought or convinced people to come to the island, and the Losties represent the last group of "participants" in the grand test between the two entities.

I have to disagree with you here. I think the Man in Black absolute hates newcomers, while Jacob openly invites people to come to the Island.

Next week's episode looks good....

Sure does! Here is the trailer for "The Substitute." It looks like it might be Sawyer-centric. I hope Sawyer doesn't die in this episode! (It looks like he falls while climbing down a rock cliff.) Also, it appears that the Man in Black wants to kill all of our Losties!

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Since no one saw that question I'll ask again. Jacob told Hugo to bring Sayid to the temple, so wouldn't this insinuate that Jacob knew Sayid would become infected?

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
People are putting a lot of stock in the Others' ability to diagnose "infection", when we barely know these guys... I'm going to trust Jacob knew what he was doing...

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Hey guys just another relization I've reached. If you guys watch the episode "the incident" where Jacob talks to the MIB on the beach you'll get to see what I'm saying. Now jacob when he's inside the temple, there is a winged sun disk on the wall above this disk there is a saying written in Greek, I'm wondering what exactly that says. Also the god statue outside seems to be Sobek, a crocodile headed man who was revered in some egyptian religious sects as being just like RA.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
As Ben murdered Jacob he whispered "they're coming!" And then the MIB kicked him into the fire. Who is coming? I don't believe this has been addressed yet. At first I thought he was referring to the Others that are located at the Temple, however they are hiding out and trying to protect themselves from this force. "They're coming" speaks of an act of aggression and clearly the Others are currently playing a bit of defense.

So it leaves us asking, "who is coming?"

Thoughts?

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I think the Losties are the ones who are coming...either that, or the "entities" who will pass judgement on just how well the "test" went, and who won, Jacob or MIB....

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Episode 3 was REALLY disappointing.

Besides "they're coming", I think Christian himself has become one of the greatest engima's on the show.

P.S: I think the statue resembles Tawaret more than Sobek.

[edit on 11/2/2010 by serbsta]

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Since no one saw that question I'll ask again. Jacob told Hugo to bring Sayid to the temple, so wouldn't this insinuate that Jacob knew Sayid would become infected?

Yes, but I think Jacob assumed that the healing water in the Temple was normal (not dirty). Then again, if Jacob was dead, maybe he was aware of the water being dirty, so I'm not sure.

People are putting a lot of stock in the Others' ability to diagnose "infection", when we barely know these guys... I'm going to trust Jacob knew what he was doing...

These new Others suck (at least when it comes to tracking). It appeared that they needed Kate's help to track Sawyer, but shouldn't they know how to track since they have been on the Island longer than our Losties? Kate and others knew how to track after being on the Island for a time (well, Locke must have known this from his walkabout), so why shouldn't those Others know how to track? Granted Justin saved Kate from Rousseau's trap, I still think they didn't know much about tracking. Kate being needed to track may have been a simple plot development device, but I think 'Lost' is beyond doing such a thing.

Also the god statue outside seems to be Sobek, a crocodile headed man who was revered in some egyptian religious sects as being just like RA.

It was confirmed that the statue is of Taweret.

Originally posted by chissler
Who is coming?

Maybe it is Ilana's group (although they were already on the Island when Jacob said this). I also once thought that it is our Losties that are coming, but this may be difficult to defend. It's possible that Jacob knew that our Losties would be coming back to the time they are in now when he said this. Also, I originally thought that Jacob was talking about the Losties since he seemed to make sure that they stayed on a path that would lead them to the Island, but I am not so sure about this.

I think the Losties are the ones who are coming...either that, or the "entities" who will pass judgement on just how well the "test" went, and who won, Jacob or MIB....

The Losties coming is hard to defend, though, right?

Originally posted by serbsta
P.S: I think the statue resembles Tawaret more than Sobek.

Yup!

Also, I read a (spoilerish warning) thing that I hope is not a spoiler. It was about the date on Claire's conception photo, which was 10-22-04. One of the producers said that two of those numbers are correct, while one is a mistake. Here is what Lostpedia has to say:

The date in Claire's sonogram contains an error and a clue according to Gregg Nations/The Fuselage - Semi-canon. The best interpretation is that it shows the incorrect month (10-22-04) and should be 9-22-04 (September rather than October) and the clue concerns the year, i.e. 2004. (Nation does not refer to the time at all)

So the year being 2004 may be correct and may be a clue to something (I am not sure of what though). There is also debate on the above quoted tidbit (check the link for more information).

While doing some research on this, I did stumble on a spoiler (damn!), and I will share it with you all: One of the characters (I think) on 'Lost' will be having a baby. Please be aware that I didn't want to read through the whole thing because I didn't want to spoil it for myself, and so I am not sure if the article was talking about an actual character or an actress on the show. I hope I didn't spoil anything for myself!

EDIT:

"The Substitute" Promo #2...
"The Substitute" Sneak Peak...

[edit on 11-2-2010 by they see ALL]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I wish this storyline with the Others in the Temple would go somewhere a little quicker.

Some of this group are survivors of Oceanic 815. I'm assuming this group was in the middle section or on the tail end of the plane, however was it ever explained how they joined this group?

In the early episode called "The Other 48 days" we met Eko, Ana Lucia and a few others, but I don't believe this group was in there.

Anyone know anything?

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by they see ALL

Ya it is Taweret found that out through further research. This is also quite interesting because Taweret is a female deity and she has a counterpart that is extremely evil. I wonder if this is why you have the contrast of personality from the MIB and Jacob. Also has anyone ever thought that Jacob and the MIB could be brothers?

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by chissler

I believe this new group of the others is always at the temple so therefor we hadn't been introduced to them because the group had never been there. Just a thought.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
Some of this group are survivors of Oceanic 815. I'm assuming this group was in the middle section or on the tail end of the plane, however was it ever explained how they joined this group?

Well, it always seemed that Cindy (the flight attendant) - who was a part of the Tailies and is now a part of the new Others group - was just taken by, I guess, the Others.

Anyone know anything?

I think it was in that episode you are talking about that Cindy gets taken by presumably the Others. The two kids - who are also with the Temple Others - were also taken in that episode I believe. Maybe even other survivors of 815 are now a part of these new Others too.

Also has anyone ever thought that Jacob and the MIB could be brothers?

Nope, never thought of that.

For some reason, I get the impression that this group of Others are different from the Others that we all know and love. I am sure that they are not really two distinct groups (since the new Others warned Richard and company with the fireworks), but I have a hard time imagining that Dogen would follow Ben. Then again, Richard followed Ben although Richard seems the smarter of the two.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join