It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Lost:' Season Six Discussion...

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Honestly, I watched the first two seasons and LOVED IT. But then, I let it go.....until this last season. Yep. So I claim no expertise whatsoever.

But my thoughts are the finale was fantastic. I really enjoyed it.

.....Just wished they had resolved Ben's future a little better. Since he still has "boots on the ground", maybe there's going to be a Ben "spin-off". lol.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
This part of LOST:

The final minutes where Jack dies is the key to it all in my honest opinion. Besides being the end it still was AMAZING and an EPIC finale, usually the endings of shows are let downs, but this was perfect, in my opinion. But back to the video, when Jack is laying down with the dog and he see's the plane fly over him I personally believe that plane was NOT Ajira Airways, but rather Oceanic 815. Much like what Juliet expereinced when entering the Purgatory world, I believe that Jack was expereincing the same thing. And when the beginning of season 6 started with the alternate world. I believe that was the moment Jack died (much like Kimmel believed) and entered purgatory. So basically, Jack saw a glimpse of the other side and knew it was beautiful, hence the smile. Much like Juliet did here:

This is the first glimpse of purgatory. And if you look closely as Jack awakens he looks confused. The beginning of season 6 with the alternative reality was the beginning of Purgatory, the entire series from the main island was how Jack got to purgatory and the last few minutes was him and his friends going to a remarkable place. Beautifully scripted.

[edit on May 27th 2010 by TheMythLives]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Aww I love the ending

Actually, my mother and I which had been following it since the very beginning. Were witouth words when it ended- like- a bittersweet savour, but the next day we digested it, we realized it was perfect.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
It's rumoured that the DVD will include an extra 14 minutes of footage showing what happened to Hurley & Linus after they became the guardians of the Island.

marquee.blogs.cnn.com...

It might even answer some of the many unanswered questions?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

And I look forward to watching those extra 14 minutes on Youtube

Cuse said that it was impossible to have planned everything, I would say so, especially bringing on a different writing team in the second-third season. I think the show would have been much different and twice as good had guys like Paul Dini and Javier Grillo-Marxuach stayed around.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I want to see a spin-off with Ben and Hurley....

That would be awesome....

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
When the full series is released on Blu-Ray in August, I'll be picking that up the day of!

I'm daily trying to convince my fiance to watch the show with me from start to finish when I get the series. I'll get her with it!

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Check out this little article: Lost Series Finale Somehow Only the 55th Most-Watched Ever. Despite this news, I still think the entire night was akin to the Super Bowl (mostly since it aired on a Sunday night, which was a nice treat).

Originally posted by TheMythLives
But back to the video, when Jack is laying down with the dog and he see's the plane fly over him I personally believe that plane was NOT Ajira Airways, but rather Oceanic 815.

Very interesting! Anything is possible, especially since the producers will not interpret the finale for us fans. I have to disagree, however. I think that Jack saw the Ajira plane. This makes for a nice ending for Jack's character because he dies while seeing his plan succeed - his friends fly off safely. Thus, not only does he save the Island, but he also - on a perhaps more personal level - saves his friends. All of this obviously makes Jack happy, hence the smile.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by they see ALL

That's my thought as well.

As great as it all was, I hate that it is all over. Nothing can ever replace Lost.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
It's been a while since this thread was bumped. Here is something you Losties should enjoy:

www.slashfilm.com...

Access Hollywood has gotten their hands on a clip from the 12-minute Lost epilogue “The New Man in Charge” that will be included on the Series Finale DVD/Blu-ray set. In the clip, actor Michael Emerson reprises his role as Benjamin Linus, and shuts down the Dharma food warehouse which is responsible for the (until now) unexplained food drops. The clips doesn’t so much explain, but give closure to one of the bigger fan mysteries.

I can't wait to see the rest of the Epilogue! This little clip was so awesome!

Check out this too:

A Few More Details About Lost Epilogue

Also, apparently MIB's name is Samuel.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by they see ALL]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I'm gonna watch the Lost Epilogue in a few minutes.

Anyone see it yet?

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Alright, just watched it.

I never thought I'd say this but bring on the spin-off!

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
Alright, just watched it.

I never thought I'd say this but bring on the spin-off!

It leaked on the Internet a while ago. I saw it - I didn't like it one bit. Sorry! I think it should have focused on on-Island adventures since that's what it always appeared to be about when it was discussed. I mean, come on, the DHARMA video took up so much time and it didn't explain anything really.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I think you're expectations of it were completely misguided. The purpose of this epilogue wasn't to wrap anything up. If anything, it was to build a foundation. While I agree the video went long, non-issue on my end. This did a great job in building the foundation of a possible spin-off.

Hurley and Ben as the lead and with the actor behind Walt having grown and matured now, he can actually be used as he wouldn't be maturing at a pace that the show couldn't keep up with. Walt is one of the most intriguing and untapped characters from the show that a possible spin-off could run with.

I was against a spin-off until I watched this.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
I think you're expectations of it were completely misguided.

I don't think so. I always thought that it was going to show many adventures that Hurley and Ben had while being in charge.

This did a great job in building the foundation of a possible spin-off.

It does open up a way for a spin-off, but a spin-off will (hopefully) never, ever happen.

Walt is one of the most intriguing and untapped characters from the show that a possible spin-off could run with.

I definitely agree that Walt was untapped.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Bare with me for a minute. I loved every second of Lost. I don't think there was an episode I didn't love. Some I liked more than others, but every moment was special. I've always cringed at the thought of a spin-off as this type of show seems like a possibility for one from very early in the series. As soon as Ben Lynus was introduced to us, the potential presented itself. Had never been a fan of it.

What that epilogue did for me was present an alternative. A spin-off of Lost, but not Lost. Not recreating Lost or imitating Lost. Similar characters and a similar setting. But a different direction. What we needed from Lost has already been told to us. Now we have untapped characters with fresh stories. Some crossovers from time to time to maybe even spill some unknown Lost details.

I think a possible spin-off could be fantastic.

Hopefully it could be as Frasier was to Cheers and not as Joey was to Friends.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Here you are Losties:

NBC Picks Up J.J. Abrams’ Emerson/O’Quinn Show

That’s right, it’s the much talked about show that features ex-castaways Terry O’Quinn and Michael Emerson. The show has been described as a comedic drama, was said to have the working title Odd Jobs and will feature the two men as former black ops agents. The report states that Josh Appelbaum and Andre Nemec (Alias) are writers and executive producers and Abrams and Bryan Burk are also executive producers.

This seems like a cool idea - a bit like Abrams' 'Undercovers' (although I haven't given that show a chance).

I would like to thank everyone for discussing 'Lost' on my 'Lost' threads these past few years! I truly loved it! Please use this thread for any and all remaining discussion you may have!

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join