It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Lost:' Season Six Discussion...

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

At the end of the show outside of the church, their dialogue was perfect. Ben was genuinely remorseful for what he did and John, without hesitation, forgave him. It was great to see the two of these interact in such a way after what had taken place

That part was just fantastic. Ya know, throughout Season 1 and 2 John Locke was my favorite character by a mile, then it changed to Ben Linus.

This scene for me was one of the best ever. Seeing Ben and John talk these words was indeed moving.

2 fantastic actors too and out of the whole lost cast, these 2 are the ones I will definatley be looking for their future acting material.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
You can't say you have all the answers when the producers say they purposely left questions unanswered.

If Desmond remembered all the events of his life, why didn't he know everything that was going to happen on the island?

He did not remember all the events of his life.

This is a big one I was wondering as I watched the finale. It becomes apparent that what Desmond is helping everyone to remember is their life, and they seem to be aware that they are dead and are to meet up at the church. Desmond was aware of this too so he must have known that he was dead in the flash-sideways stuff. He also seems to be aware of both realities when he's on the island, therefore shouldn't he know everything that's going to happen leading up to his death?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrAndy
You can't say you have all the answers when the producers say they purposely left questions unanswered.

There is a difference between leaving things unanswered and leaving them concluded. We have all the pieces needed to solve every mystery on the island (except for one or two fragments.) Just because they don't spell it out like your a child doesn't mean they aren't there. It really doesn't take much brain power to find the answers with the puzzle pieces given.

This is a big one I was wondering as I watched the finale. It becomes apparent that what Desmond is helping everyone to remember is their life, and they seem to be aware that they are dead and are to meet up at the church. Desmond was aware of this too so he must have known that he was dead in the flash-sideways stuff. He also seems to be aware of both realities when he's on the island, therefore shouldn't he know everything that's going to happen leading up to his death?

Desmond was only aware of up to the point he met Penny, which is when his consciousness jumped back in time to the present. That is why he was passed out on the steps of the stadium. Desmond's unique ability was that he was able to jump forward and backward in time through his own consciousness. He jumped into his post-death consciousness, thinking he was seeing some type of alternate timeline, not his own "afterlife."

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
To be honest, the finale was okay. The whole afterlife thing was nice, but, I guess, not really needed. Of course, though, it was a very nice message (an "Übermessage," in fact, very much like 'Avatar' had), but it didn't feel like 'Lost' to me. I don't know, maybe I was expecting something to make me think for a while (like all the other finales had me doing). With this one, we are just left to accept the afterlife scenario - there's not much thinking needed to be done.

I do think, like a few here, that the remaining living characters on the physical world lived for a while after the moments we saw at the end. Hurley was Number One and Ben was Number Two for a while, and the Losties on the plane must have lived very happy lives off-Island.

Maybe I will have some further comments after a few days of digesting what actually occurred. Also, reading what others have said and will say - both on this thread and on other message boards - will help me create my opinion, and fuel my thoughts.

Now that I think about, though, the show ending with both Jack going to the same place where he initially woke up after crashing on the Island and with Jack's eye closing was, at the same time, predictable and nice. I saw it coming, especially when I saw where he was and realized that he was about to die, and when there was the close-up of his eye. I actually thought to myself that it better not end with his eye closing, but, the more I think about it, I understand that it makes sense.

I'm sad to see this show go, but I am also glad it wasn't stretched indefinitely.

On a side note, one could say something like this:

"I don't know what was more disappointing - the actual finale or the Jimmy Kimmel show."

I might actually agree with this sentiment. I was really looking forward to Kimmel's show, especially for the three alternate endings, but the endings were just for giggles. Yes, they were funny, but this was false advertising (unless this is the norm for these types of shows). I did like seeing the actors talk about things, however, since I usually don't watch such things.

I wanted to say this when I posted my thoughts about "Across the Sea" since I knew some of you might hate me for them (since I didn't like that episode too much either), but I forgot to. These words, however, are appropriate now:

Let the flaming begin!

EDIT:

I take back the comment I made about the afterlife stuff not being needed. This actually was very needed since it wraps up everything - Jack gets to finally talk with Christian, Ben gets to be forgiven by Locke, Sawyer again meets up with Juliet, Jack gets reunited with Kate, and etc. I obviously never saw this coming - that they would all be dead - and so I probably cannot comprehend the total meaning of what occurred. I understand, though, that the afterlife ploy is very important to the storytelling.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by they see ALL]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by they see ALL

They all might be dead, but they're also all happy. And that's the key, in my opinion.

I don't understand why people object to death anyways. In the end, we're all going there. Lost was just smart enough to jump to the actual end, and not some trivial point in the history of these characters.

Very smart ending.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Its been a day now since I watched it, and it does feel strange that it's finished.

Talk about a TV Show where we could ALL relate to certain characters on a deep and meaningfull level.

From start to finished we could relate to them and their/our own experiences.

The only gripe i have at this time is, i feel the Finale was rushed. Things just moved way too fast, it could have worked much better if they has another 2 episodes.

Maybe i'll change my mind in another 24hrs, but I just feel things just moved so quickly, that much of it lost it's punch.

I did love the last 15min and the ending was perfect, but it seemed like they hurried it home in the end.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

A big part of the reason I loved the episode was that I felt it wasn't rushed. I'm interested in hearing from you if you do change your mind on this. I think in my mind I was sensing a feeling of urgency because I'd look at the clock and count down the minutes. But the pace of the show was consistent from start to finish.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
I think in my mind I was sensing a feeling of urgency because I'd look at the clock and count down the minutes.

That's exactly what I was doing! It was so sad to count down the final hours/minutes! At least, though, we have the DVDs (with all of their special features) to look forward to. Also, we have countless hours of theorizing to do still! This show constantly makes one think, and I am sure there are things we can ponder!

About the DVDs:

Lost: The Complete Sixth And Final Season [DVD]
Lost: The Complete Sixth and Final Season [Blu-ray]
Lost: The Complete Collection [DVD]
Lost: The Complete Collection [Blu-ray]

[edit on 24-5-2010 by they see ALL]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
An absolutely fitting end to an absolutely remarkable show. The last scenes epitomized what this show was about, it was about the power of faith and the importance of knowing when to let go. If you are asking for answers, then you surely have missed the message.

Adios friend.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
CollegeHumor.com decided to put all the questions in a single video. It reminded me of a lot of mysteries I had forgotten about!

All of Lost's Unanswered Questions - CollegeHumor.com

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Hmmm...

Well...

My heart is content.

My intellect feels let down though.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   

My thought is that Desmond became aware that he was dead, and that everyone else was dead, when he had his "awakening" from Charlie. That's why he ran down Locke...no harm in running over a guy that is already dead. Charlie also already knew this, as he wouldn't have really tried to kill anyone. (but, on the Island, Charlie was already dead, and due to Desmond's unique attributes, his Island self also became aware of this fact.)

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
reply to post by chissler

At the end of the show outside of the church, their dialogue was perfect. Ben was genuinely remorseful for what he did and John, without hesitation, forgave him. It was great to see the two of these interact in such a way after what had taken place

This scene for me was one of the best ever. Seeing Ben and John talk these words was indeed moving.

Yes, it was a great scene wonderfully acted.

But for me the very best moment of the whole series was when Charlie, on stage, laid eyes on Claire .......

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Thought I would check in and add my two. It's odd, at the end of the first season my friends and I decided they were all dead, but had issues to resolve before they could move on. After Boone died, we decided they would "move on" one at a time.

But as the story progressed, we somehow forgot about that possibility, and didn't consider it again.

I personally thought the finale was awesome, and that they all died in the initial plane crash. They were dead from the outset.

One area of confusion though. Why did Ben not go in with them at the reunion, and commence the "passing on"? Was he not dead? Not worthy to go with them?

Most likely the "others" were already dead when the Losties arrived.

Anyway, I thought it was great, and I loved the "Sixth Sense" ending.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
I personally thought the finale was awesome, and that they all died in the initial plane crash. They were dead from the outset.

???

Maybe i am misinterpreting due to the wonders of internet communication. But they didn't die in the plane crash.

The crash and EVERYTHING that happened actually happened.

The only part of the show where they were dead was the "flash sideways" that we have seen this season. These we now know happened potentially hundreds of years after Jack died on the island.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
One area of confusion though. Why did Ben not go in with them at the reunion, and commence the "passing on"? Was he not dead? Not worthy to go with them?

Ben didn't go because he said he still had some things to take care of . I think he neeed to resolve his relationship with Rouseau and his "daughter".

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
You can't see the church in a linear time...remember, Christian told Jack, that those present died both before, and AFTER him.... the church (or bus out of purgatory) exists independent of time.

I think Jacob actually saved the Losties from dying in the crash. Remember, Christian stated the stuff on the island actually happened (differentiating it from the flash sideways "holding universe"...), so they weren't dead from the crash.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
dead from the crash dead from the crash dead from the crash

Ha. Just joking, being smarty pants. they were though

I'm afraid you guys are in a state of bereavement, and are having trouble dealing with the reality that you've been watching ghosts in pergatory.

(Or maybe not pergatory, but something like pergatory).

[edit on 5/27/2010 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I think it was really just the writers backpedalling, when they found out the fans had put forward that theory...

Their plan originally was to be like a purgatory...(I believe they even stated this), but then they always answered no, when asked if the island was purgatory.

By creating the sideways universe, they allowed that to kind of be that purgatory instead of the island, so they weren't liars... but sure was a bit of misdirection, and not exactly honest.

It doesn't really make sense that they didn't die in the crash, but it (that the island's events were real) is what was directly stated in the show....

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Why did Ben not go in with them at the reunion, and commence the "passing on"? Was he not dead? Not worthy to go with them?

I think he still had issues to sort out, possibly with his daughter and even Charles Widmore?

I really hope Michael Emerson goes on to star in something equally as great as lost because the guy is an amazing talent.

I remember totally hating the guy when he was in the Dharma station locked up pretending to be Henry Gale, then as the show went on, i loved his character so much that he even surpassed John Locke as my favorite character.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join