It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Lost:' Season Six Discussion...

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Oh, quick note....JKL (Jimmy Kimmel Live) is supposed to have the cast members on, after the show, and supposedly, they will show some Alternate Endings....

That's worth it...

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
They've done alternate endings to the show?!? Awesome! is there a way to watch it online afterwards from outside the US?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I'm sure someone will post them, but not sure about any official plans...

[edit on 19-5-2010 by Gazrok]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
That's worth it...

Sure is! Here is the commercial for that show.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
1 min summary of all six seasons

absolute peach

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I watched this week's episode on Friday and thought it was great. Predictable, yes. Necessary? Absolutely. It's the episode to set up the finale and I was quite happy to see that it tipped it's hand a little bit in setting the finale. But as is the case with Lost, while we think they're tipping the hand a bit they are actually only setting you up for something better.

I'm excited to see how it all ends tonight.

And after tonight, we're looking to August for the DVD release.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Well it's over now. I felt the finale was very, very weak story-wise but it had some amazing directing. I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that I will miss the characters.

The Jimmy Kimmel special was just a waste of time, in case you missed it. The three alternate endings were just spoofs of Survivor, the Sopranos, and The Bob Newhart show's finale.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrAndy

The Jimmy Kimmel special was just a waste of time, in case you missed it. The three alternate endings were just spoofs of Survivor, the Sopranos, and The Bob Newhart show's finale.

damn it it just started

bah that why i don't watch tv
just watch episodes on the net

honestly I hated the last 2 episodes

watching season 3 you learn Jack and Kate are not on Jacobs list
( when they were locked up by the others)

that left Sawyer and Hurley

and they brought the dog back after 5-1 well he showed up in 1 episode after that then
grrrrrr

watching Kimble? now and what the its stupid, is this the way the show really is? if it is how the heck is it still on?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
great finale

lot of it was kinda funny

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Well I enjoyed it (and well worth getting up an hour early for) - even if most of the mysteries about the Island were left unanswered ....... Some nice emotional reunions at the end, no less poignant for knowing the circumstances under which they occurred.

I'm now waiting for Lost II: The Hurley & Linus Years

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
So thats it folks, LOST is over.....

I've not contributed much to this thread at all, but I have been glued to the TV for 6 seasons of my favorite TV show!

The end was surprising for me, it was almost too predictable to be happening, I mean how many times have we heard throughout the show that the characters are already dead??!!

I must admit, I thought there would be something more complex, more mind boggling than this, but the writers fooled me again.

they kept it simple, and simple it was.....

I'm sure there will be lots of unhappy campers for sure. Many questions remain, but at the end of the day, the writers would have known this through and through. They are the real geniuses and they knew what they were doing alright.

Overall, I was very disappointed with certain aspects of the finale though. To be honest I have felt much more attached to other, "sad" episodes, than I was to this one. I never got close to a tear (even though my missus was bawling her eyes out on the couch) There were a few touching moments, especially in the last 10 minutes when Ben talks with Locke outside the church.

The beauty of the episode for me personally was it's simplicity. If we can step back from all the intricate questioning and storylines we can see a series that was purely about overcoming obstacles in life, learning who we are, and as they say on the show, "letting go".

It was a beautiful ending, one that i'n sure will please people and anger people, but I think in the end, the angry ones are indeed the LOST characters themselves the minute they crashed on the island 6 seasons ago, while those of us who "GET IT" are the same characters that were in the church at the end of season 6.

Peace...

Grant

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I loved it.

People will complain because that's what people do. They'll proclaim that their questions weren't answered when they don't even know what the questions were.

Watching each character come to a resolution of what has taken place and where they are was amazing. I was at the edge of my seat waiting for the next character to "join them".

Hilights...

Ben & John

At the end of the show outside of the church, their dialogue was perfect. Ben was genuinely remorseful for what he did and John, without hesitation, forgave him. It was great to see the two of these interact in such a way after what had taken place.

Ben & Hurley

Hurley being designated was a bit of a surprise, but a welcomed one as Jack being chosen was just too predictable. And it would have been a travesty to have Ben not involved in the care of the island considering he has loved it longer than any of our characters. So I thought they did a great job on playing it out like that.

Questions...

• I'm assuming that the plane with Sawyer, Kate, Lapidus, etc., crashed and that is how they were killed?
  • We're lacking clarification on Widmore!!! As frustrated as I am on this, I think it was a good way to leave it.
  • At what point did each of our characters ACTUALLY die?

I did not think for a second that the producers were going to air actual alternative endings an hour after the actual finale ended. Would have been a ridiculous idea, even if my curiosity is peaking. I was disappointed that they tried to trick people with these spoofs, but satisfied that they didn't bother to air alternatives. Throw them on a DVD when it's released.

Overall, I am VERY satisfied with the conclusion of Lost.

[edit on 5-24-2010 by chissler]

• posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:59 AM
    link   
    In response to my own question, "when did they die?", I'm going to throw out my own opinion.

Most characters didn't die until "the end". Locke was murdered by Ben and didn't make it to the end. Michael died on the boat when it blew up. Jin and Sun died on the submarine when they drowned. Sayid died by sacrificing himself for others. Jack died by sacrificing himself in the end and the closing moments of Lost was us watching him die. Kate, Sawyer, Lapidus, Miles and anyone else on the plane when it took off, can we assume they all died in that plane crash? (Terrible irony if that is the case that they died in a plane crash leaving the island)

Hurley & Ben? How and when did they die? If Jack saved the island, then Hurley and Ben would have been left behind to care for the island a la Jacob. So was there anything in the episode that gives us an idea how they died?

The same thing for Bernard and his wife, along with Vincent. If the island was saved, how did they die?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:50 AM
    link   
    When Christian said to Jack, "some died before you and some died well after you" I believe Kate, Miles, Lupidas(sp?) and Sawyer maybe made it home safe and lived on until they died of old age.

They have left a massive gap there, especially seeing as Hurley lived on the island for however many years after.

It's just when they did die they came to this place and met eachother again, we have no way of telling how much later this was.

Lupidas (sp?) was a good pilot after all, wasn't he???

Anyway, on one hand I loved it, some truely beautiful moments, on the other hand "WHAT A JIP".

Hurley & Ben? How and when did they die? If Jack saved the island, then Hurley and Ben would have been left behind to care for the island a la Jacob. So was there anything in the episode that gives us an idea how they died?

The same thing for Bernard and his wife, along with Vincent. If the island was saved, how did they die?

Everyone dies at some point, even Jacob died.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by Chukkles]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:02 AM
    link   
    Yes, I assumed those on the plane got home safely. And Hurley could have lived for hundreds of years. I guess in Limbo time isn't quite the same though.

And on the subject of death, more I think about it the more I'm sure I'm right: the MIB only wanted to die. That was what he meant by 'leaving' the Island. But Jacob wouldn't let him: it was his punishment for killing their (adoptive) mother. The only way MIB can die is if the Island gets switched off and he becomes mortal - but doing that would destroy Jacob's 'world' (the Island). And so they played a constant chess game manipulating people to their own ends ......

..... a storyline which ultimately took second fiddle to the fact that their manipulations allowed the 'Losties' to find a purpose to their lives and thus, after they died, be able to finally 'move on' (they would otherwise have remained forever in Limbo).

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:16 AM
    link   
    I really enjoyed the way it ended. The twist of really making Hugo the protector was probably my favorite part. I agree with the post above that Jack was too obvious. The Ben/Locke conversation outside the church was also pretty cool.

There were some characters that I wanted to see in the church that didn't show, like Mr. Eco and Walt. But when Christian said that the time these people spent together was the most important times of their lives, I felt maybe for the characters not seen the Island was not the most important time of their lives. Mr. Eco had his when he "became" a priest, and Walt being so young when he got off the island probably had something more important to his life after leaving the island.

I think it was Chuckkles above who stated that the deaths could have happened at anytime in the past or future and I agree. I think Hugo did his job with Ben as his number 2 for any number of years. Sawyer, Kate and the rest of the plane folks got home and lived a normal life (if that's possible after what they've been through).

My question though. Did Ben stay in the "limbo" world to atone for his past by sparking up a relationship with Rouseaux and raising his "daughter" better than he did on the island? He made the statement to Locke that he was going to stay a while since he still had some things to take care of...

Another note. I loved how the church had pretty much all religious iconography imaginable when jack entered the room where Christian's casket was waiting.

Someone mentioned they'd love to see the Hurley and Ben years as a spin off. So would I! Unfortunately if it was done, I don't think it could live up to the original and end up being so disappointing.

All in all, that was a great 6 years!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:34 AM
    link   

Originally posted by chissler
    People will complain because that's what people do. They'll proclaim that their questions weren't answered when they don't even know what the questions were.[edit on 5-24-2010 by chissler]

Are you serious? You can write a book on the unanswered questions of this show.

What is the Island?
    Who is "Mom"?
    Why did Walt have special powers?
    Why can only some people leave the island?
    What is the meaning of the numbers?
    What is the sickness that Rousseau referred to?
    Why do they forget they're dead?
    If Desmond remembered all the events of his life, why didn't he know everything that was going to happen on the island?
    Why did women on the island always die in childbirth (before Claire)?
    What made Claire and Aaron special?
    Everything about Charles Widmore and whatever the name of Faraday's mom was.

There are lots of lists of unanswered questions on google search.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:23 PM
    link   

What is the Island?

I'm happy with Jacob's description.

Who is "Mom"?

I thought she was just a protector not the first or last, maybe there's more, but I don't think that's a biggie.

Why not? Why can Hugo converse with the dead? Why can Miles get in touch with the dead? I think its just some people have abilities.

Ben answered this...That's the way Jacob set the rules.

Ok that one I want an answer. Or is it nothing more than a device used by Jacob?

Thought that was just Smoke Monster infecting them? Was it more?

Good question, but maybe it is just the writers idea of what happens after death.

If Desmond remembered all the events of his life, why didn't he know everything that was going to happen on the island?

Don't follow this question. He remembered in the FlashSideways, not on island correct?

That one does still nag...

Why do you think they are special?

Yes, I do wish they would have expanded on the purpose/motivation of these characters.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:53 PM
    link   
    Some people are far too simple minded to watch this show. I've been fighting people's ignorance on the ending for almost 16 hours straight so far, and with no avail. I have EVERY ANSWER TO THE SHOW. It's all been solved, except for a few loose ends that can be inferred logically based on the evidence we are given.

The most important thing to state:

- Not everybody in the "place that they all created to meet and remember" (i.e. a purgatory-esque afterlife) died on the island or even immediately off the island. Sheppard's father said, explicitly, that time did not matter there. Some people died before Jack (like Jin and Sun) some people much much later. Many of them lived out full normal lives, Ben and Hurley possible for another thousand years; but in the end, they all wound up back together, ready to go back to the "source."

But yeah, for anybody with questions, at all. I'm a honest to goodness LOST scholar. Ask and I will answer, in explicit detail, anything you feel was left unexplained.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:11 PM
    link   

What is the Island?

An Archipelago. Seriously, what do you mean "what is the island?" It's not a spaceship, or heaven, it's a piece of land jutting up from the sea floor made by volcanic eruptions and plate tectonics. It holds a power, an energy that since before even the Egyptians people have been trying to understand, but can never fully grasp. It's an allegory for power. It grants people what they wish, can be used for good or evil, life or death. Everybody has some of it, everybody wants more of it, but nobody can handle it.

Who is "Mom"?

One of a long line of protectors of the island. A person who has channeled the power of the Source and used it, by her own belief, to protect it from the hands of man. This position has been given down since at least the time that the Egyptians had gotten onto the island.

Because some people have powers.

Jacob's rules set in place, made from channeling the power of the island.

The numbers are points of a compass, a way for Jacob to peer through a persons life and decide to interfere with them to lead them to the island. The numbers appear as a remnant of Jacobs actions. Jacob lead Dharma to the island through the search of the Valenzetti Equation, which Dharma believed was the equation to change the date of the end of the world. In reality it was Jacobs influence to use man as pawns in his immature game of choice between him and his brother.

It is the interference of Jacob's Brothers corrupting and "claiming" a person to do his bidding.

Many non-christian views of the afterlife says in order to be reborn you must relive and remember your death in order to move on to the next form. They all created that world to help find each-other before letting go. The allure of this fantasy will keep people in it though, and they will be trapped for as long as it takes for them to decide to move on. It is a literary reference to the novel "What Dreams May Come."

He did not remember all the events of his life.

After the incident in 1977 the high levels of electromagnetic energy released from digging into the Source caused pregnancies on the island to get wonky. It made the immune system attack and kill the baby, a complication which caused fatality in the mother.

Jacob's influence.

Huh? Both were leaders of the others. Widmore wanted the island for the power it held. Ben used that as a reason to get him expelled off the island. Eloise knew everything that was going to happen because she read the notes of her own son after killing her 30 years in the past. Those notes entailed events from Faradays life on and off the island and the importance of Desmond to her son.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join