It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Lost:' Season Six Discussion...

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
This episode was my least favorite of this season, it felt like a 15 minute story dragged out for an hour, extinguished all mysticism of Jacob and MIB, used classic Lost strategy of answering a question with two more questions, and had terrible acting. Ugh I just feel the writers could have done so much better than this. Oh well. At least we know for sure now that the boy MIB keeps seeing is Jacob when he was younger.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Jacob constantly said in that episode, that its impossible to leave the island. His fake mother constantly said that they, specifically, cannot leave the island.

How did Jacob end up getting off the island then?

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta
Jacob constantly said in that episode, that its impossible to leave the island. His fake mother constantly said that they, specifically, cannot leave the island.

How did Jacob end up getting off the island then?

Perhaps he himself has not been of the island and it was something spiritually...?

The whole light-smoke-transfer-thing did seemed a lot like "Hey, we need some answers to that!" to me.

But I did like the part, where Jacob is told that someday he might have his own game with his own rules.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Maybe once Jacob became the protector, he could then "make his own rules". It would seem that the old rule of them not being able to kill each other seems to be in place though, so not sure if Jacob reinforced this rule after "mom's" death or what...

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
First off, I must say that this series has gone really down the toilet. As mentioned previously the acting has got shocking. Some of the scenes are real bad too. It seems most people involved have lost interest and some actors are even hamming it up just to take the pi**. However, aside from all this it does occasionally throw up some interesting and thought provoking material.

The most recent episode wasn't too bad becuase it had none of the usual suspects who are fed up with the whole thing.

The story had gotten very predictable during this whole series.

I am not sure that this has anything to do with the main story or how it will finish up but something in this most recent episode hit me like a slegdgehammer. It just reminds me how the island is representing planet earth and the story the mother told her children.

We are on this planet and we will die on it. We cannot leave it. There is nothing else out there. This is what we have been told from our birth. The only way off will be when we die. Hmmm, what if this is not true and the truth is being hidden from us?

What if we can leave. I think I will have to start putting more effort into my meditation

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
oh yeah, and as for how the whole series finishes up and all that, I think the magice word will have a lot to do with it.

The magic word on this occasion will be 'forgiveness'

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
The fifth season was so awesome, perhaps they should have had it ended that time...

What was the whole beginning of this season for with the "indians"? Useless. And now they are running out of time to tell the story... But let's hope, that they now build up to an amazing finale, what the show deserves!

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I was ready to give up after 11 Episodes in Season 6. But I thought what the heck, lets finish it, even though its incredibly tedious.

Now, in the last few shows its finally picked up pace, meaning an depth again. Thank Goodness.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Talking to my brother after the episode aired helped me to understand what the mother was. She was probably, as he believes, just a regular person that was, what I will say, tricked into being the protector of the Island. Thus, she is not, like I thought, a supernatural person (although she does have powers, which merely comes with being the protector). Her being the protector (and her not liking the job) is evidenced by her saying thanks to MIB when he killed her. She must of had that job for a very long time - just like Jacob has had the job ever since she died.

Also, I think that MIB was special to the mom because she knew that, one day, he would kill her (or, at least, that he was capable of doing evil). She always knew, it seems, that MIB was the bad one of the two. Thus, she manipulates the situation by killing the other people on the Island in order to make MIB mad. You could say, then, that she wanted to die, since this is the only way to stop being the protector of the Island. There can't be two protectors, so Jacob drinking that stuff didn't make him the protector right away - the mom had to die first.

Of course, though, Jacob messes everything up by throwing MIB into the cave, which creates the whole story we are following now.

Additionally, Locke (way back in Season One, I think) saw the light when the smoke monster tried to drag him under the ground. Locke said that the light was beautiful. I think that MIB was trying to maybe throw Locke into the light to kill him, so that MIB could take his form in order to start the plan that he is working on now.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by they see ALL

Great post! A lot of great points to think about.

I won't see this week's episode until next Friday at the earliest but possibly next until next Sunday! agh! I'm out of town on union business for the week.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Well the finale is on this Sunday... meaning this is the last week of Lost.

After 6 long years... better not disappoint!

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
Great post! A lot of great points to think about.

You finally like something I post!

I won't see this week's episode until next Friday at the earliest but possibly next until next Sunday! agh! I'm out of town on union business for the week.

Maybe, then, you could watch Thursday's on Sunday, and then watch the finale that night, too. It'll be a lot of 'Lost' for one night, but I am sure you could handle it!

Originally posted by serbsta
Well the finale is on this Sunday... meaning this is the last week of Lost.

Yes, it is. If you want to get technical, though, you could say that there are two weeks left (since Sunday is the first day of the week).

After 6 long years... better not disappoint!

Of course we will not be! To be honest, however, I am a bit worried about this, too!

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Just can't wait! Ugghh...hate the waiting...!!!

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Just can't wait! Ugghh...hate the waiting...!!!

I know - it's insane!

Here is an article, however, to keep you busy for a bit. It's a bit boring since it's mostly review, but it addresses the debate about whether the last episode was good or not.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Anybody else doing a Lost farewell party?

Still hard to believe the show is ending...

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Anybody else doing a Lost farewell party?

Nope, not me.

Still hard to believe the show is ending...

I know! Tonight is the second to last big night!

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Hi Guys, I've been reading the thread, and enjoying it. I just saw this link to "Lost" trinkets for sale (Hurley's passport, and other show props).

Thought you might enjoy taking a look. Be kinda cool to have a piece.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Alright episode tonight. We always knew Jack was the hero of the story, so it's not surprising that he'd step up (in fact, I already thought this would happen because one of his episodes was called "The Candidate").

We'll see how it all ends!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
This was probably the most predictable episode of the entire show.

We knew the ashes would somehow bring back Jacob, and even had hints it would just be until a candidate was picked.

Pretty much with the whole lighthouse thing and all, we knew Jack was going to be his replacement.

And, Jacob pretty much spelled out the whole passing of the torch, of the protector bit, to Jack and the gang, which was already known to us from the last show.

I had actually half-expected a twist here...but guess not.

The part with Smokey, Ben and Widmore was actually the most interesting, as were the parts with Desmond in the sideways universe. While we suspected as much before, we now know (or at least have strong evidence) Desmond indeed has complete knowledge of both timelines (and seemingly, so do others, as they reach the realization, such as Hurley recognizing Anna Lucia)...

My guess is that Smokey is also aware of the timeline issue, and that's why he wanted to kill Desmond (to cut off his awareness in the other timeline)...but now, thinks there may be another way to use him.

To be honest, I'm kind of glad Smokey got rid of the Tina-Fey wanna be Rambette chick...don't know what it is, but she felt unnecessary from the get-go...

I'm also doubting Smokey was able to kill Richard....

So, we know Jacob had some pretty incredible powers...wonder what Jack can do now?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I'm also glad that the Tina Fey-Double's dead. Reminded me of John Lennon earlier this season...

Let's hope, that the finale is better than the season so far. This episode has been better than the one before, but not as good as earlier ones..
The whole candidate choise happened way to fast.

But I'm excited about how the two realities are going to meet on sunday.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join