It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US forces had 'boots on the ground' in Pakistan: report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

US forces had 'boots on the ground' in Pakistan: report

rawstory.com

That US forces regularly use unmanned drones to attack terrorist targets in Pakistan is nothing new, but a report at the Guardian suggests that US special forces repeatedly put "boots on the ground" inside the country as part of the war against insurgents.

Citing a "former NATO officer" with "detailed knowledge of the operations," the Guardian reported late Monday evening that the US launched "multiple clandestine raids" into Pakistan between 2003 and 2008, and that the Pakistani government was not informed of the raids.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
If this is indeed true I wonder just how much political trouble this will create for the current leadership in Pakistani ? I can't imagine to many Pakistani government officials happy about such news , not to mention the drone activity in there skis .

Lets just hope , if the report is true , that the US doesn't provoke a coup in Pakistan .

If we were to assume yet once again that this report is true , would it bother any of you t learn that the MSM is being less then forthcoming with its coverage on " the war on terror " ?

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I could see this as actually being true.

The part I don't buy is that Pakistan is unaware about what we are doing.

I think there is more collaboration between the two than what we are led to believe.

I do know awhile back we had sent troops to train some Pakistanis.

Report: U.S. Secretly Training Pakistani Commandos
www.foxnews.com...

I figure Pakistan wants to keep the blame on the US so their people don't turn against them.

If the people ever discover that Pakistan is allowing the US to do whatever they want, things could turn uglier in the region.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Seeing how the money and people responseable for 911 came from Pakistan

it's good to see them finally get there . It's a shame they had to tear up

2 innocent countries to get there .

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Perhaps it's that deniability that helps Pakistani avoid a coup .

But aside from that , I think there is a great deal of truth to your statement , lets remember how quickly Pakistan jumped to the U.S side when the U.S was first attacked on 911 .

I remember that just about everyone was surprised at how quickly and strongly Pakistan backed the U.S right from the onset .

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

I thought that most " responsible " for 911 came from our close allies , Saudi Arabia ?

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

The money came from Pakistan

General Mahmoud Ahmed wired Atta 100 grand, He BTW was in Washington

on 911, meeting with the CIA Head George Tenet.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Their special forces, they go pretty much everywhere. They just do it quietly.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
This is worst than G W. Bush
Forget pre-emptive wars not approved by congress
Now it's just forgeting declaring anything, just invade
no limits on ground troops or drones
just go in full force
no declaration of war or approval from congress
nothing

1) Isn't this an act of war
2) Isn't this a dictatorship, domestic-wise?

America is a democracy?

War = Most profitable business
Fiat Currency = Slavery

[edit on 21-12-2009 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
What is Pakistan going to do??? Are you kids to young to remember what was TOLD to Pakistan right after 9/11? Basically get on board or we will bomb you back to the stone-age. Yes the words "stone-age" were used. Just google it jeez.

“The intelligence director told me that [Armitage] said, ‘Be prepared to be bombed. Be prepared to go back to the Stone Age’,” President Musharraf said. “I think it was a very rude remark.” The claims come at the end of a week in which relations between the US and Pakistan have sharply deteriorated, and days ahead of the publication of President Musharraf’s memoir, In the Line of Fire, which will be serialised in The Times from Monday.
www.timesonline.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

All I can say is about a month ago I watched a quick interview with Lee Greenwood, "Proud to Be An American" fame, said he was so happy to be able to meet U.S. forces military folks in Afghanistan and Pakistan.
I chalked it up the the "shut up and sing" sort of stuff, but he said, "Pakistan". Huh? I told my wife, we will hear no more of this. He said the wrong thing, whether he is just a dumbass, or he spoke the truth. It will go nowhere. And it didn't. The show was on Fox New. You know, the station that just tells lies.
I recall the statement was made live on Hannity.

Hmmm.....visited the troops in Pakistan. Just saying.............either he is dumb as crap, or......................

Nope, no links.I don't have an agenda. That's not why I don't post a link.I can't find it. And I don't suppose I would know how to post it. I am just an obsever. It all amuses me and scares me at the same time.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Good. It's about freakin time. Half of Pakistan wants to harbor terrorists anyway. Their goal is to destroy America and turn it into a third world islamic hellhole. They are harboring both Al Qaeda and the Taliban and probably bin Laden if he's still alive. Last time I checked giving aid and comfort to enemy combatants is an act of war. Too bad the weak kneed liberal surrender monkeys don't understand this.

Most people who are offended by this hate America anyway.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I can seriously vouch for this.

I got out of the Army in Oct. of this year, and I was 11B (Infantryman) and have talked with NCOs about Pakistan. One sergent came to our unit from the 1st Ranger Battalion. I had charge of quarters (a 24 hr guard of the barracks) with him and we somehow got into te subject, so he told me what he had done/seen.

He said that before the mission in pakistan, the Army took away their GPS and gave them map and protractor.
For ANY combat unit this is unthinkable, so he said he smuggled his personal GPS along (no biggie, lots of infantry guys have these) and found out that they were 40 miles into Pakistan "looking for guys" that they never found. They got into a firefight, took casualties, and were extracted via blackhawk helicopter.

After my year in Korea I once again met a staff sergent (this time in Germany) who had also been in a ranger battalion (cant remember which one) and had a similar expirience, in my opinion validating the other guys claims that there really was something going on inside Pakistan in which the USA had been covert ops.

Just my 2 cents.....

Oh yeah and also, there was a thread on here a few days ago about someone being "forced" to take the H1N1 vaccine. Nothing personal dude, but you gotta step up to the plate. Tell them to shove at. Ask to see memorandoms signed by commisioned officers. If you cant push the army back every now and then by raising a stink about infringements of rights, the system will eat you. I once raised such a stink I got kicked out of the clinic for refusing the FluMist shot 2 years in a row and was threatend with a court martial by my 1SG for refusing direct orders, upon which I asked to see the memorandoms stating I MUST take the vaccines.
Never saw a single one. Granted my military career only spanned for 2 years (for obvious reasons)

[edit on 22-12-2009 by RetroFire7]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
What do you people think Delta, SEALs, Berets, SAD, etc do these days? Back up conventional troops? What about Somalia and Yemen? Madagascar? I can go on and on. The good thing is that they are able to get the job done without anyone knowing outright.

new topics

top topics

join