It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico City backs gay marriage

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
And Mardi Gras is not publicly funded either... and you are dead wrong about what goes on there... Perhaps you should do just a little research before you start spouting off like you know what you are talking about! IT'S A BIG HETERO PARTY! Like I said before, Ignorance cubed!

NEXT!

I don't need to do research. The events have been broadcast on the MSM numerous times. I have seen the parades, seen interviews and watched celebrities join in on the celebrations. Why? Because initially I was curious about the event and what it meant. These days, if I happen to catch a glimpse of the event I simply cringe and change the channel.

Perhaps I should have been more specific. The Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras is an annual Gay Pride parade. It is one of the biggest such parades in the world! It has NOTHING to do with heterosexuality, not by a long shot. It is mainly to do with promoting Gay Rights, encouraging cross-dressing and flouting public displays of sexuality.

I know my "ignorance" seems so high that it burns, but your naivety does the same to my cerebral cortex...

[edit on 22/12/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost

Perhaps I should have been more specific. The Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras is an annual Gay Pride parade. It is one of the biggest such parades in the world! It has NOTHING to do with heterosexuality, not by a long shot. It is mainly to do with promoting Gay Rights, encouraging cross-dressing and flouting public displays of sexuality.

I know my "ignorance" seems so high that it burns, but your naivety does the same to my cerebral cortex...

[edit on 22/12/2009 by Dark Ghost]

We were talking about THE MARDI GRAS, type it in google and what comes up? New Orleans Mardi Gras, which mostly has nothing to do with the gay community. What's wrong with gay rights? they shouldn't even be called that, there shoundn't have to be rights fought for for a specific group, everyone should be able to do everything equally. And can you source where you claim any organization is encouraging cross-dressing? I agree on the public displays on sexuality, than isn't a gay issue though, that's an individual issue, like some individual hetero people display there sexuality in public, so do asians, hispanics, blacks, whites, polka-dotted, etc. you get the picture, you can't lump these issues into one group.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Then you should be more specific, because most people associate Mardi Gras with New Orleans, and that has NOTHING to do with Gay Pride whatsoever... One should not think locally when posting globally...

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uniceft17
We were talking about THE MARDI GRAS, type it in google and what comes up? New Orleans Mardi Gras, which mostly has nothing to do with the gay community. What's wrong with gay rights? they shouldn't even be called that, there shoundn't have to be rights fought for for a specific group, everyone should be able to do everything equally. And can you source where you claim any organization is encouraging cross-dressing? I agree on the public displays on sexuality, than isn't a gay issue though, that's an individual issue, like some individual hetero people display there sexuality in public, so do asians, hispanics, blacks, whites, polka-dotted, etc. you get the picture, you can't lump these issues into one group.

Well I am sorry then, I was referring to the Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras. That is what it is renowned for in this country and the parades are VERY suggestive of homosexuality and transsexualism. Many of those who take part dress as Drag Queens and perform stimulated sexual acts.

Secondly, there is nothing wrong with fighting for equal rights. Technically speaking, however, homosexuals have the same rights as heterosexuals. As a heterosexual, I am not allowed to marry somebody from the same sex - just as you are not in regions that don't allow Gay Marriage. We are both free to marry members of the opposite sex though, aren't we?

In terms of being allowed to visit ill loved ones in the hospital, I fully agree that sex should not matter. If somebody you love and who loves you back would want you by their side, you should be free to be there by their side without any complications.

At the end of the day, you must acknowledge that homosexuals are a minority. As a minority, their wishes and desires should not be placed ahead of the needs of the majority. Minorities should be treated with respect, but it is unreasonable on their behalf to expect the majority to bow down to their needs when it comes at a cost to what the majority wants.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Um... Yay. Go Mexico!

Mexico is always a leader when it comes to making the right moves for it's citizens.

If it's happening down there, the USA should definitely jump on board!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join