It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Think I'm a Clone Now

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Originally posted by Unresponsible
Dig the theory. I have to admit I get a bit confused about what happens in old age...is there a 'set' of universes filled with nothing but 150+ year olds?

No. (But who knows with multiple realities/timelines)

However, if the OP's theory is correct, there are plenty of young bodies for us to get recycled into. Then we will age and die again, and wind up in another younger body, or older - depending on the age at which you die and whether or not you move 'forward' or backward in time when you die.

*This is just like that Jet Li movie "The One" where he kills versions of himself in other universes to steal their power... Sorta.

That's one way to interpret it, but I prefer to think of it like this: every time I might die (my heart give out, I have a stroke, or whatever other ailment of old age), there is a universe in which I don't die, instead. This can go on indefinitely.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

I wouldn't say were all " clones". If you were to die in this dimension, whatever you were would simply be absorbed by the true " you" ... your soul.

isn't that what we really are anyway ?? you are you, .. in every dimension. we are all small parts of ourselves.

no single incarnation harnesses the soul, but it the soul which houses all of it, all of us.

the soul could be compared to a grand puppeteer, .... which each string governing a different soul. we spoke alot about this on one of my threads:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well, this theory doesn't take into account the possible existence of the soul. Obviously if we have an immortal soul, it changes everything.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by LiquidLight

But see, you're not going to live that long without substantial changes in THIS dimension, if you live to be that old you won't be aware of it because it'd just be another sheet of paper in the same book, you're not that piece of paper in the book you're this piece of paper and this piece of paper says if you stand in front of a train, you will die.

I believe this dimension can be changed for the better, and life can be prolonged, but I do not believe we are "invulnerable" to this dimensions physical boundaries, and I know for a fact if you went and jumped off a tall building, you'd either break a few bones or die.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution-2012

But see, you're not going to live that long without substantial changes in THIS dimension, if you live to be that old you won't be aware of it because it'd just be another sheet of paper in the same book, you're not that piece of paper in the book you're this piece of paper and this piece of paper says if you stand in front of a train, you will die.

I believe this dimension can be changed for the better, and life can be prolonged, but I do not believe we are "invulnerable" to this dimensions physical boundaries, and I know for a fact if you went and jumped off a tall building, you'd either break a few bones or die.

Well, I honestly don't think you're understanding the clone part of the theory. See the checkerboard explanation on the first page. What I'm saying is that all clones are equal, and there will always be a chance we live instead of die, even if we jump off of a tall building, or blow our brains out with a shotgun. Now, it may not be a pleasant existence, but it's existence none-the-less.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
There doesn't seem to be anyone aroooooouunnd. I apologize. I literally could not stop myself.

[edit on 21-12-2009 by kleverone]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
This is awesome, i love these topics quantum physics and the sort. What your talking about is in the same branch as the infinite universe theory. That you exist in an infinite amount of universes and your an infite amount of things.
What your talking about is true but your a little off as far as my understanding of the suicide.
Firstly you are not a different person doing different things in these universes, everything that is possible happens instanly every second, and every possible outcome occurs somewhere. Your steps are the one instance of all the possible outcomes.
Lets say for example you take a shotgun to your ., this is an instance that may be survived but 99.9% of the time it is fatal. It is only in those very very few universes would you cease to be killed but its not like it would go through you, in those universes the one outcome was you didnt die youd still be lacking a face.
Looking at it the complete opposite way, lets say i take one step. In this universe i take one step and end up a foot further from my original point. Nothing happens other than the step, but in some universes that one step broke my ankle, in some it crashed through the floor, in most it took a step forward. Every logical possibility occurs, and this happens constanly.
Mortality is still a constant because eventually every possible version of you dies in some way.
This is also used to argue those incredibly lucky scenarios, it would be in this universe and X amount others that the person survived that event, but whatever the odds were of dying say 70% in those amount of universes you died.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Hack28

I agree with you, except on two points. One, if you took a shotgun to your face, in most universes you would die, in a small percentage of universes you would be disfigured for sure, but there are a small but finite number of universes where the projectiles will quantum tunnel through your ., that you will quantum tunnel through the floor away from the gun, or any other number of strange things that quantum physics allows for.

Two, I think this does mean you can't die. We accept it as an inevitability that our body will give out and die, but for every time we may die, there's an adjacent universe in which we don't. Our lives may be miserable, and we may wish for death, but death may never come.

As for everything happening simultaneously, well, that's why I allow for the possibility that we may experience any clone in any universe anywhere on the time line. Kinda hard to wrap your mind around.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

this theory doesn't take into account the possible existence of the soul.
Obviously if we have an immortal soul, it changes everything.

...if you're not assuming the existence of a soul...then what exactly is it you're suggesting "moves smoothly" to the next universe?

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

Consciousness.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by nasdack24k

Consciousness.

Ok. Then what is a soul?

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
So in reality we are really dying every second and slipping into existence than dying again? Say I choke on a fuzz here, and die, and am teleported to another place where it never happened. GAAA my brain hurts.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket

this theory doesn't take into account the possible existence of the soul.
Obviously if we have an immortal soul, it changes everything.

...if you're not assuming the existence of a soul...then what exactly is it you're suggesting "moves smoothly" to the next universe?

Nothing moves. It's a difficult concept to wrap your mind around, even for me. Billions, upon billions of times per second, we die. Each moment is its own. We're a clone of ourselves. The me that is in this moment dies, stops existing, but another me exists. Since we can't perceive nonexistence, the next clone, and every clone in existence, perceives itself.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that we only exist in the moment. It'll be a new me. Very philosophical, I guess that's why its in this section.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I know I'm not a clone...I don't have the number 2 tattooed behind my ear

Interesting theory though...would make for a good SciFi flick.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
The only reason we perceive ourselves as having souls, of existing throughout a period of time is because our brains are constantly receiving stimuli and updating themselves.

I'm not explaining myself very well, I know. You kinda just have to accept that there is no me except what exists in this moment. Once you do that, everything falls into place.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Hack28

Have you ever seen that movie The One with Jet Li? Decent flick about a man traveling to alternate universes and killing all of the other versions of himself...each time growing stronger and stronger...in an attempt the be "The One" with ultimate power.

Same sort of stuff, kinda, that we are discussing.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Nothing moves.

...but, I was quoting you. How do you reconcile "nothing moves" with what you've already said:

LiquidLight in this post
My point is there is no cessation of consciousness, the individual will
move smoothly into the next universe, without loss of continuity.

Is there movement, or isn't there? And if so...what is it that's moving?

Billions, upon billions of times per second, we die.

No, there is no death. Death is an illusion created by memory. Each of your "billions of billions" of yous separated by the planck length all exist "simultaneously." I use the word "simultaneously" loosely, because time is also an illusion resulting from our limited perception. All the billions of instants that exist in a line along the axis of your "time," adjacent to a similar set of billions of instants along the axis of time in the adjacent universes. And...in my own model...each of those adjacent to yet another set of universes that presumably become increasingly disimilar at greater distance.

It'll be a new me.

It might be new to you, but is it really "new?"

we only exist in the moment.

Exactly.

The me that is in this moment dies, stops existing,
but another me exists.

...but...and I realize this is where we're having difficulty because of our disagreement over choice of Copenhagen vs. many words interpretations...please bear with me...to me, the idea of "death" seems incorrect. Since, as I described, all those different "yous" exist in a timeless many-dimensional array. Your suggestion that "nothing moves" seems consistent with my interpretation. But again...you've suggested in a previous post that "the individual will move smoothly into the next universe."

And so, I ask...if "nothing moves," how can death exist? If "nothing moves" then what is this "stops existing" that you're talking about?

Your descriptions appear to be inconsistent to me. Would you clarify?

[edit on 22-12-2009 by LordBucket]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

You're right; in my eagerness to get my point across I simplified too much. Nothing actually moves in the sense of a soul, but there is a continuity of consciousness. In that sense, the next clone will perceive a smooth movement along the time line, but in reality the me that's writing this will be dead before I hit reply.

I agree with you in that all clones exist simultaneously, just like the checkers on the checkers board. The time that is perceived by individual clones is an illusion.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I will also say that I understand what you're saying when you say death is an illusion, but it's a useful one.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Nothing actually moves in the sense of a soul, but
there is a continuity of consciousness.

I don't understand what you mean. How are "soul" and "consciousness" different?

If you have an eternal consciousness that survives the trillions and trillions of deaths of your "clones" ....how is that not a soul?

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket

Nothing actually moves in the sense of a soul, but
there is a continuity of consciousness.

I don't understand what you mean. How are "soul" and "consciousness" different?

If you have an eternal consciousness that survives the trillions and trillions of deaths of your "clones" ....how is that not a soul?

Well, a soul implies something that can survive outside of the body. Consciousness cannot. I suppose if you want to call consciousness a soul that is intimately tied to the corporeal form, then that would work.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join