It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arecibo Crop Circle Revisited

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Arecibo Crop Circle Revisited

I'm sure by now that most Crop Circle researchers and debunkers alike are familiar with the Arecibo Reply glyph that was laid down in the fields near the Chilbolton Radio Telescope in August of 2001.
If not, you guys should seriously consider reading up on the subject. Links found here on ATS.

And yes, this thread is a repeat thread of a subject that has been covered numerous times here on ATS. The reason I decided to bring this one back to life will become apparent as we go forward.

First, just a little background...
The Arecibo Message was a broadcast into space way back in 1974 from the Arecibo Radio Telescope. 16Nov1974, to be precise. Dr. Frank Drake (the Drake Equation dude) wrote the message with the help of Carl Sagan and others. Its scope was to broadcast a message into the cosmos in binary code outlining the basics of our very being.
1) The numbers one through ten.
2) The atomic numbers of the elements hydrogen, carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, and phosphorus, which make up deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA)
3) The formulas for the sugars and bases of the nucleotides and bases of our DNA
4) The number of nucleotides in our DNA and a graphic representation of the double helix of our DNA
5) A visual representation of a human being, including our number on our planet
6) A graphic of our solar system
7) A graphic of the Arecibo Radio Telescope dish from whence the broadcast was "televised", complete with dimensions of said dish

Here is a picture, in a binary representation of what was pulsed into space, once only, in a 23X73 (prime numbers for pattern recognition) pixelated illustration...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b8e3580f7cd9.jpg[/atsimg]

Hope that isn't too large.

Anyhow, there is a lot to focus on here, but there is one nagging thing on my mind. It is number seven.

I'm not sure if anyone on the planet, other than myself, has seen this yet.
I have posted it on this very website, but it was in a thread that was unrelated to this glyph particularly, although it did have some focus on it. My concern is with number seven on the list. Our representation of the Arecibo dish itself.

It is flawed...

In reality, the Arecibo dish is set within a mountain range in Puerto Rico in a natural bowl.
The dish measures a very impressive 1,000' across the diameter. It is the largest radio telescope in the world.

The reason I mention all of this is because this particular glyph (directly below) was found in the same field as the "Arecibo Reply" glyph almost exactly one year prior...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/957ae4b5d8b6.jpg[/atsimg]

If you will take the time to compare the two, you will see that this glyph IS the "mechanism" that is linked in the bottom of the original message as a "reply"... meaning, it is what the crop circle creator has laid down as a representation of his own "telescope", if you will.

Here's the problem, it is also, OUR TELESCOPE...

Here is a google image of Arecibo!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1f50e329ade4.jpg[/atsimg]

I would implore those like myself who enjoy looking at the crop circles and believe they may be more than men with boards and ropes to download google earth and look closely at the Arecibo Telescope in Puerto Rico and explore it for yourself.
The similarity is astounding, really!!!

And this is but one of the SEVEN or more differences sent in the reply that was 27 years in the making.

Other differences worth exploring are the triple helix DNA, the TRIPLE population count and the TRIPLE planet inhabitation count... triple, triple, triple...

Funny, they say they inhabit our planet, mars and jupiter. I wonder if they could mean one of jupiter's moons?!

Anyhow, I'll leave you guys with a good picture of the reply and a couple of references I used sparingly to get started!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7fd1df0d78d4.jpg[/atsimg]

For arguments sake... (cause you know I like a good argument!)

I would like the debunkers to take notice that this reply was written using satellite technology, apparently.
I found this with google earth, a good several years after the crop was laid down.

We apparently have some very ingenious artists indeed and I am more than willing to argue this point based on what I have shown!

Two references...

www.cropcircleresearch.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

(References mostly used for images and for clarification on the points of the original messages)

PS - There is another element to this circle as well that I did not cover. Those interested can google the stories behind the human and "et" face found in the same fields. The human face was found alongside the reply, the ET face found one year later with the infamous CD binary message.

I hope you guys enjoy.

[edit on 21-12-2009 by JayinAR]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
thank you man.

yea, this is one that I really have no doubts about.

I know many are man made,
even many of the sophisticated ones...

but i also 'know' many are not, and im pretty sure this one is not done by men of earth.

that is a good catch on the telescope!

i might be confused on this though..
where you say that..

they say they inhabit our planet, mars and jupiter.

is that what that was saying?

I thought for some reason.. that it meant that they inhabit 3 planets in their system? not in our own system?
I think I got that from a nasim haramein lecture though,
he stated thats what the meaning of that particular diagram was saying,
i could very well be wrong though.
lol

and the other deigns that came up in that field....
i am also fairly certain that they were also not done by earth men. lol

every design that's come up in the field near Arecibo...
is amazing.

and I would absolutely love to see the people on this planet attempt to achieve such,
any one of those designs.. . ...

just so I could laugh at their efforts. lol

good thread man, thanks!!!

[edit on 21-12-2009 by Ahmose]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

Well yeah, that's what I'm saying.

Weird, huh?
I mean, if what I am gathering from the message and the reply is correct, they are in fact saying that they are HERE. As well as on Mars and Jupiter... probably not Jupiter itself, but one of its moons?

Or maybe they actually mean Jupiter?
I don't know.

Glad you enjoyed the thread.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
ohhh duhhrr
lol

riight..

damn...

that would fit in with allot of other stuff that's been talked about eh?

damn...
honestly.. i wouldnt doubt it, or be surprised. lol

good one man, really niice.

edit: i also have a couple really good shots of the 2, side by side, ill post them if i can remember what folder they went to.

[edit on 21-12-2009 by Ahmose]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

Yeah, the other images in the Chilboton fields are very nice as well.

That human face glyph has a really nice correlation to other 3d "pixellated" images as well.

The basket weave glyph was highly impressive!

I was mostly wanting to focus on the Arecibo Glyph, though.

I mean, if this one goes well, maybe I can begin a sort of "expose", if you will, of highly irregular glyphs...

For now, I'll just have to wait and see what happens with this one.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

Eh! In regards to the two side by side, I would LOVE to see them in here!

I don't want to have to make them.
I was thinking about that earlier, but I was relying on members to look at the images independantly with enough of an attention span to be objective about it. If they can't do that, then they are weeded out, so to speak.

But yeah, please post them!

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I love these CCs! Writing specifically about 'their transmitter' in that CC perhaps they use the planet itself as some kind of transceiver. It's got the power to. Maybe they transmit magnetically using the poles of a planet, transdimensionally even. Just speculations of course...

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Flux8

Eh! No comments on the idea that the transmitter was the Arecibo Telescope itself?!!!

Dang, I thought the comparison was uncanny!

Thanks for the response, Flux!

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

"Eh! No comments on the idea that the transmitter was the Arecibo Telescope itself?!!!

Dang, I thought the comparison was uncanny!"

I definitely see the resemblance, but what are all the smaller circles in the CC supposed to be??

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by UniversalTruthSeeker

The mountains that the dish is surrounded by.
As I said, people should look at it on google themselves.

Google Earth is a very good program for this sort of thing. Better than googlemaps, imo...

You can twist it any way you'd like.

Any way you look at it, the resemblance is uncanny.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
ahhHA!! found them!!

no let me figured out how to post pics here... lol.. brb

yes, the mountains and surrounding terrain do resemble that design.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
First I can see the resemblance between the crop circles in question and the radio telescope.

Second, what in the heck were these morons thinking just beaming all our most vital information and location out into the galaxy like that!

Loose lips can sink a ship, but come on lets try to limit it to just ships and not the whole freaking planet and humanity too!

Third is these aliens claim to be amongst us we must ascertain who they are post haste, capture them, torture them and then dissect them except for one or two to send back to their planet demanding tribute!

Rome will not tolerate any being living rent free on this planet! Nobody plays if at first they don’t pay, house rules!

Great find Jay, star and flag.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Thanks Proto... I appreciate your comments!

You are right you know... who in the hell gave Carl Sagan the right to transmit this signal in the first place?!

Hell, I would have told them that our biological base component was Cianide... or something.
I'm imagining an alien species saying: "hmmm... Carbon, you say?"

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Seriously it seems like very intimate and potentially harmful information to just be sending out there willy nilly.

Why not just say "Hey we would like to be invaded by another planet and if you can manufacture your selves on these blue prints why we wouldn't even know you were from another planet!"

Thankfully I was able to sabatoge the transmission and sent them Gecko DNA! Ha!

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Like I said, you are right.
Personally, I would have sent something along the lines of: "Hey, we are a bunch of badasses. Ummm.. Don't mess with us."

But you have to realize, these Scientists, in all their glory, figured they were sending a signal into an area of space that wouldn't be reached for some 25,000 some odd years... In which they figured it would require another 25,000 years to get a return.

Folly!

Arrogance!!

Don't they understand that consciousness itself is more powerful than any of the four forces they understand?
Of course they don't!

They are fools!

Thankfully you diverted the message from its original intent and now have the reptilian hordes focused on the evil geckos!

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

I can appreciate their innocence and naivety thinking wow we might be able to really communicate with something out there. It’s kind of like going to Times Square in New York City and wearing a T-shirt that says “New Kid in Town, Not from Around Here”.

Nothing good is bound to come from that!

Yet we should as was it really just innocent folly and giddiness over a new science and how to use it, or could it have been part of a long planned conspiracy to signal another very specific race with very specific information for a very specific purpose once Earth and its inhabitants reached a certain plateau in population, government, or resources?

One does have to wonder since in essence you are just giving away the very building blocks to life on earth. Conversely providing those sequences could invite an aggressive world with the appropriate technology to sabotage and corrupt those sequences.

Its amazing to believe from a national security standpoint alone they would have revealed all that.

I am thinking more along the lines of single white male looking for a good time hit me up if interested and I will get back to you! Clearly universal dating concepts born by the internet weren’t conceived of in the 1970’s!

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Any way you look at it, the resemblance is uncanny.

...not that way I look at it. To me, the reply mechanism image is a fractal, and I get the impression the image is supposed to be interpreted in three dimensions.

In any case, the pattern seems far too organized to be the fairly random terrain shown in your image around the Arecibo dish. Also keep in mind that as closely as the other elements in the reply resembled the mesage we sent, especially the elements in common...if the apparatus they used were the same as that we used, it seems odd that their depiction of it would be so different.

[edit on 21-12-2009 by LordBucket]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

Their depiction of it was much more accurate!

In realtiy, our dish is a concaved dish. We depicted it as a convexed dish on supports.

Their representation is a 3d image from a bird's eye view.
With contours.

To me this is clearly evident.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   

yea really,
Ive always loved Sagan... but wth man? lol

and damn again ...

I am looking at these pics I have while im uploading them,

and i guess i never really paid much attention to the area that shows our location in Sol System..

but I am looking at them side by side...
and holy crap..
i think you are right!!
lol

it could very well be saying from 3 planets in this system.
in fact, i now think that is what it is saying. whoahh!
and .. uhmm what?... 3 moons also?... is that what im seeing Here?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/340e17ebecc0.png[/atsimg]

hmmm....

sorry for seeming soo excited, but it just never clicked before. lol

thanks again Jay!

I have more pics I uploaded, but Ill see if this one posted first..

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Yes, it does seem they made a much better depiction of the telescope...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f2fb1bef5bc9.png[/atsimg]

another one in my folder i liked...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/68fcf00636ed.png[/atsimg]

okay, now I got the photo thing down,
thanks Jay. lol

Im going to upload some more from this folder,
I really need to get off this dial up stuff. lol

You rock Jay!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join