It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank You Santa Claus . . . wait . . . what?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
My kids were watching cartoons the other day, and this song cam on.

It disturbed me a bit . . . even if it is just meant to be silly.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I'm trying to figure out what you found so disturbing. The Bully? The gifts? The lyrics?

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
I'm trying to figure out what you found so disturbing. The Bully? The gifts? The lyrics?

The lyrics, my friend.

think we all should pause To say that we're grateful For everything he does. Thank you Santa Claus! Thank you Santa Claus! Woah... So for all the things you do, Santa Claus we're thanking you! So for all the things you do, Santa Claus we're thanking you! (Thank you Santa Claus!) (All over the world!) (repeats)

Seems . . . weird to me. It rubs me the wrong way.

[edit on 12/21/2009 by Lemon.Fresh]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

If that is disturbing then how in the world do you handle the internet? This looks like a bad BTS rant...

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger

If that is disturbing then how in the world do you handle the internet? This looks like a bad BTS rant...

So it all seems normal to thank a fictional character for all he has done for us . . . in a time that is supposed to be about Jesus?

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Im not sure what you want to hear buddy.Should they thank jesus for being born and giving them presents? But by mentioning fictional character you just opened a can of worms, as other members will soon arrive and start saying that jesus and god are fictional characters.
The point is that this is a kids song and it has nothing to do with CiR.

[edit on 21-12-2009 by zaiger]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

Originally posted by calstorm

The lyrics, my friend.

think we all should pause To say that we're grateful For everything he does. Thank you Santa Claus! Thank you Santa Claus! Woah... So for all the things you do, Santa Claus we're thanking you! So for all the things you do, Santa Claus we're thanking you! (Thank you Santa Claus!) (All over the world!) (repeats)

Seems . . . weird to me. It rubs me the wrong way.

[edit on 12/21/2009 by Lemon.Fresh]

I can see how this "could" be disturbing IF you interrupt this as thanking Santa for the things that would normally be attributed to God or Jesus especially at Christmas time. It may be seen as trying to down play all the things Jesus did for all humans.

I do not think this is the intention of this song. I think they are thanking Santa for bringing presents and joy to all the good boys and girls.

You may teach your kids about Santa as a fairy tale and let them experience the 'magic' of getting presents under the tree and at the same time teach that Jesus is the reason for the season and it is because of Him not Santa that we celebrate His birth on Christmas day. I believe kids will accept this from parents. This is how it was taught to me as a child.

I think the danger comes in when all your kid hears is Santa at Christmas time and he/she is never taught about Jesus. This could only confuse the child as he gets older.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

They've been doing this for years (Christmas cartoons). They're just kids, who believe in Santa. I know I did when I was young.
Should the lyrics be, ♫"Thank you Santa, wait you don't exist, so lets give thanks to Jeeeeeesus"♫?

I do see where you're coming from though. Perhaps rent a religious cartoon about Christmas?

[edit on 12/21/2009 by Slash]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
There's an military-looking guy in the clip with the words 'MM' on his green suit.

MM= Master Mason?

Below is a great post made by 'The Denv' regarding Satan Claus=Satan Claws?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

ah link isn't that direct. Just scroll down you'll see it...

I thought it was pretty interesting.

[edit on 21-12-2009 by star in a jar]

[edit on 21-12-2009 by star in a jar]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Would it help to think of Santa as the spirit of fun and generosity of Christmas?

I have always found Religion very complicated. Particularly for children of the age who still believe in Santa. So, for them I think of it as representing the fun spirit of giving/receiving during the season.

And after all, he is the one who brings their toys, so it's only natural they would thank him and love him. And remember, It's really the parents they are thanking and loving.

I don't think it's anything sinister, although I'm not dismissing your concern. I do see it.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Here m8, in the spirit of the season

gotta love the classics

top topics

join