It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this still a law?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I haven't been on ATS long, so I did a little searching to see what was said about this bill when it was signed back in 2007. There are some threads, but none of them really hit on the point coming,.

Is Public Law 109-364 from the "John Warner Defense Authorization Act of 2007" still in Law? If not this is a mute thread.

I couldn't find anything referencing it being repealed.

This law does more than create Martial Law it breaks the Constitution.

Active duty military are not allowed to police the population (Insurrection Act). They can be used for humanitarian aid like that of Katrina. Active duty and Reserve are Tittle 10, which is Federal.

The National Guard Can be used for Policeing the population by the Govenor of that State in times of Emergency. National Guard is Title 32, which is state.

The President can go to congress, once war has been declared by them, and ask for Reserve/Guard troop activations. Guardsmen are then become title 10 and fall under the President.

The Tittle 10 and 32 is important because there are more benifits under tittl 10. While under tittle 32 orders you ultimately fall under your state.

The Posse Comitatus Act, which forbids military involvement in domestic law enforcement without congressional approval.

This Law now allowys a president, in times of emergency, to take control of National Guard troops away from Govenors and without going to Congress.

new topics

join