It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just wanna say...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
That I think this site (ATS & BTS) is pretty amazing, isn't it?

It's the kind of place where you can find almost anything, and can sit and talk to loads of different people all over the world about shared interests. Plus you can share your points of veiw on anything, and it's almost always welcomed kindly, there are no bad feelings between people no matter what they think about things and everyones nice and helpful!

I've been a member about... 3 months now I think, and it's given me a load of stuff to do and think about that I've never thought about before, make me laugh and have somewhere to post what I'm thinking... And I think it should keep going like!
Even the HOAX section on ATS is worth a read sometimes... for a giggle

It's a great site, thanks to the mods and all of the people on it, and I thought I'd just drop a line to say that in the general chit chat section.

If the world could get on like most of ATS can it'd be a much better place

Thanks. And have a good Christmas for those who celebrate. For those who don't, have a great week!
Oh yeah, and for the UK, is anyone looking forward to Doctor Who on Friday? Eek!

A.

[edit on 21/12/2009 by Ayana]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
It's great isn't it

I've not been a member long, but i'm on here daily reading away, it's become part of the routine now

and yeah i'm looking forward to dr who

(EDIT)

Sorry, forgot to say Merry christmas

[edit on 21-12-2009 by valiant]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Haha, I know.

I had to stop myself coming on here every night for a while because of needing to be alert in the morning... But I'm back now!
Trouble is you get properly addicted and end up sitting here all night... Then you're like ah man. ¬_¬

But yeah, it's a good passtime. Although if you mention it people tend to laugh... Never mind, bunch of fools.

Ooh, fellow Dotor Who fan! *high 5!*
I'm stupidly excited, I feel sorry for my family and friends on Christmas day. I'm much more excited for Doctor Who!

Merry Christmas
And I hope 2010 is a good'un mate

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Ayana

I know what you mean, if I mention half the stuff I read on here to anyone, I get a funny look

Yeah, i'm all set for dr who, it's an event here

Back at you for 2010,

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Haha me too!

"Ooh last night I was reading about..."
"Is it that conspiricy site again?"
"Oh, never mind."

My mother and I were having an argument about dragons in the car earlier, and I came on to here and pretty much all the points were what I had said...
And then I had to reply to an inactive forum coz I saw a chemistry equation that could go towards the theory LOL I'm such a geek!
I always feel bad adding to the forums though, because you're like... Ahh no ones posted in ages... What if it annoys people? But never mind, sometimes you've gotta just chip in I suppose!

Major event in my brain. Haha. I bet I cry though.
I'm pathetic really, but I do love Doctor Who!

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
The argument about dragons wasn't inspired by merlin on saturday was it
I love merlin!

Always worth chipping in, some threads need ressurecting, there's always more to say.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
LMFAO!!!
Yes! It actually was!
Oh that's made my day, not only a Doctor Who fan but Merlin too!
I only consented to watch Merlin at the start when my mam had it on coz of Arthur like... But it's actually quite a good show. It's sweet.

But yeah, I agree. And topics like that people could be searching for all the time, so you might as well add in what our American friends would describe as 'my 2 cents'.
I dunno what the British equivilent of that is actually... My 2p sounds a bit rubbish!

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I thought it would be, it was the last episode of merlin aswell
till series 3 next year

'My pennies worth' sounds ok to me, I think i'd use that one

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
love both too

that was the season finale of merlin?

Morgana is a lame morgana, and Gwen is a Pacific Islander go figure ??
LOL

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

I said the same thing myself zazz

it was a pretty short season, only 13 episodes

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Wow, I shudda named this "if you like Merlin and Doctor Who..." LOL!

But yeah it was, I was a bit sad. All BBC shizz are like 13 episodes long, you always wish they're more though. I have no idea what I'm gonna do with my Saturday nights now =P
Although I wish they'd hurry up and let Arthur know Merlin's magic. That'd get a few good story lines.

But yeah, Morgana's a bit pathetic, and I don't like Gwen much.
Merlin and Arthur are good though

Edit: Oh and yeah, pennies worth does sound canny actually! I'll use that.

[edit on 22/12/2009 by Ayana]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ayana
Wow, I shudda named this "if you like Merlin and Doctor Who..." LOL!

I wish they'd hurry up and let Arthur know Merlin's magic. That'd get a few good story lines.

Me too, I think it should be a point for season 3, don't wanna drag it on too long imo.

Sorry for hijacking the thread

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Morgana is a lame morgana, and Gwen is a Pacific Islander go figure ??
LOL

The only decent casting is Uther and Arthur...

My big problem with it, is how different it is from the actual legend...I mean, it's bizarre for me really... I realize what they were going for here, but it really strays from the source material a LOT...hehe....

I still watch the show, but I have a lot of episodes to catch up on (DVR'd)...

I like Dr. Who when I get a chance to see it... Being Human and Torchwood are two other BBC faves of mine...

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Valiant: Lol! No, it's great. No one watches Merlin so I don't get a chance to chat much about it!
So this forum has turned out well!
Plus your name makes me think about the Master, which is always good

Plus yeah, it's gone on 2 series now. At the end of the last one I was pratically shouting at the TV "Arthur's basically said you're friends man! Just tell him!!!"

Gazrok: hi!
Arthuurrr
But Uther's cool too. Mind you, I do like Merlin. Colin Morgan's sweet (I think that's his name)
It does go from it a lot like, but never mind. The BBC just put their own spin on things. Look at Robin Hood.
Yeah, that's the reason I haven't said specifics, don't want angry people!

Doctor Who is brilliant though, probs my fav BBC drama atm.

As for Torchwood and Being Human, I watch those toooo! But my fav TW character was Owen (
) so you know... It is good though. Deals with stuff that Doctor Who can't.
And Being Human is awesome too! Really funny! Can't wait for the new series!

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Uther is cool, but in our home we call him King Giles, as he will always be Giles from Buffy

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Ayana

The master eh

I don't mind morgana as much as gwen, it's just, she is so different from what I know of her, she is too nice!

I knew how much they would change the stories but I enjoy the series that much, I kinda get sucked in and forget, so it bothers me less

Being human is just great! I watched the pilot episode before they did a series and loved it, so was very happy when the series was made
anything with ghosts vampires and werewolves and i'm there

Never got into torchwood though, I tried, but meh!

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Ok off BBC, and IM almost ashamed to mention this, but does anyone like Legend of the Seeker....eeeeeeeeeeeeee there I said it!
String me up for my confession!

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

I love buffy, and yeah even when I watch little britain everytime I see anthony all I think of is Giles

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
Ok off BBC, and IM almost ashamed to mention this, but does anyone like Legend of the Seeker....eeeeeeeeeeeeee there I said it!
String me up for my confession!

I've never seen it no, i'm not even sure i've heard of it?

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Valiant: John Simm man, what can I say. Confessions from zazz... So I'll admit to my slight crush on that man

Morgana's not too bad, she was almost (BBC rated) scary when she went crazy. LOL! But yeah, Gwen annoys me just generally. The whole Lancelot thing, I know it happens in the legend, but not like that, you know lmao. That was a pain. It was just a lot of angst. Made me sad for Arthur. (I do get too sucked in to these things. i have to remind myself the characters aren't real.

See I never properly got into Buffy *que gasp* so I don't have that problem.
But he was in Doctor Who (series 2 episode 3 - very sad) So I think about that a lot. LOL!
And yeah, when I get sucked into it I basically forget the differences, so it's okay!

Zazz: I've never watched that, I don't even know what it is lmao!
But I watch Primeval, so i can't really judge =P

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join