It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I met an awakened Soul.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Troy_

because ` common ` sense isn`t

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

Just what I expected from someone posing with a hand gun

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by downisreallyup

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
Honestly....I read about 3 or 4 of these and then just skipped the rest.

It's the same old generic new age, pseudo enlightenment rhetoric. None of this is that interesting and if there's anyone who hasn't heard and thought all this stuff before then they live under the same rock that someone beat them in the head with.

This is why I am always dumbfounded at how many people want to listen to the Dhali lama. All he ever says is, be compassionate to each other. Yeah NO @@#$%&*! Dhali Lama, everyone gets that.

Not tryin to knock the guy, I'm sure he's great. But how is he an awakened soul??

It's good stuff to read, probably won't hurt ya, but it's nothing new, so I'm not that impressed.

Oh, you poor dear man... do you hear yourself? You say how you know all this, and yet from your very response, with the words you speak and the tone you project, you just prove that your HEART hasn't the faintest idea what this is all about.

The distance between your mind and your heart is about one foot, but it might as well be a million miles. These concepts are not hard to think about, but they are certainly hard to live by, for it is all too easy to speak hastily and nastily to others... which says far more about what you truly think and believe.

Now, just for a moment, imagine that you were the one who wrote this OP, and imagine that some well-meaning, yet seriously self-deceived person wrote those harsh words to you... can you do that? Just get out of your thinking for a moment, and put yourself into the OPs shoes. If someone talked to you that way, would you think that he understood the first thing about the higher human virtues, the greatest being love? If the pure essence of love is thinking of the other person, then true love is only shown when it is shown towards those who are unlovable in your eyes.

It is very easy to become jaded in life, and it is very hard to break from that self-deception. If you are brave enough to be honest enough with yourself, you will see that what I have said is correct... and meant for your benefit.

This kind of rambling crap which appears to be about nothing in particalar except maybe yet another attempt to drive me towards the chains of religeon. May just make sense in your tiny little mind and those buddys in the "God Squad". Please explain what it is your actualy trying to say here instead of trying to make your self sound more intelligent than you actualy are. Then we can talk.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Here we go again. Liquid has his own sense of "buddha" just as the OP has thiers. Polarity in each of the "same" sameness.

[edit on 22-12-2009 by thaknobodi]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   

reply to post by daddio

"He who knows he has enough, will always have enough" Buddha.

see, it's lines like this that I have a problem with. It's a way of comforting people who are miserable because they do not have "enough." The quote would not even exist if it wasn't true. It's no different then tryin to tell christians to devote all their time and money to the church so that they will reach salvation....Liquidsmoke ain't buyin.

See, I have to pause to put these words together so they can be understood, and that is not a derogatory statement. If you know that all you have is enough to make you happy and content, you then do not need any more. I don't care about money, therefore I will always have enough money. And I do, too much actually and I give it to friends and family.

It's really that simple, I was not flaming on you or anyone else. Peace man, that's all the world is after. And as for getting into someones head, have you ever talked to someone and just couldn't understand where they were coming from or talking about, I have a brother like that, Navy Sela, so I see his head was messed with. Half the timehe goes off on a tangent and I have no idea where he's coming from and saying. So I have to pause and remember he was in the military and can no longer think straight.

Ever study martial arts? That is a good place to start. Concentration and focus as well as symmetry of the mind and body.

You don't have to "buy" anything, I do not see anyone selling anything here anyway, just discussion. But to say you aren't buying it and stating that people who are enlightened or claim to be are selfish, not in so many words, and you think it's bull, again, not in so many words. But that's the jist of it. It's real and has existed for hundreds of thousands of years.

The OP was merely posting things that a friend had written while in a state of altered mind or being. Some are fairly good, others seem to ramble on, but that sometimes happens. But to think or see it all as bunk is kinda sad.

[edit on 22-12-2009 by daddio]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Love, the secret of mankind, is so difficult to show in a outpouring of emotions. We all in earnest seek out material goals, forgetting we have sought these before and it has never worked out. A kind hand, a forgiving smile, a reaching to one who needs you at that moment. This is what we are here for. Go your way and walk in confidence that I am with you always for I shall never leave you. We are one just as the moon, stars, sun, sky and the universe are. Peace be with you.

This is the quotation that I like best. It perfectly describes my feelings on this Earth. It is only when I give a kind hand, forgive or reach to one in need that I truly feel alive. All other moments feel mundane. It is in those moments that I get closer to my higher self and to my own purpose and life.

I find these words to speak of great things that few can truly understand. Knowledge without wisdom lacks any substance. You have to feel or experience these words written in these quotations, else they will feel empty and be labeled "new age crap".

Thank you OP for this thread.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Is there a true need to prove that you are enlightened? If you were anywhere near it, you would know that, deep down, at the end of the day your opinion means very little to anyone, but yourself. Even if you feel you're on the path, have tolerance for others opinions and keep that ego in check. Just a little opinion of mine.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

I tell you what, go to this site below and read her articles. I question authority too, because I am the ultimate authority to ME. I answer to myself and no one else. I see that and I am sure you agree here. But read her stuff and let us know what you think.

Solution to the Authority Hoax: If it isn’t simple, it isn’t accurate.

spiritualeconomicsnow.net...

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by veetperson
Is there a true need to prove that you are enlightened? If you were anywhere near it, you would know that, deep down, at the end of the day your opinion means very little to anyone, but yourself. Even if you feel you're on the path, have tolerance for others opinions and keep that ego in check. Just a little opinion of mine.

It has been said of the Tao, those who speak of it do not KNOW it. This is true, but the OP and others here have merely engaged in a discussion of anothers writings.

No ego, throw it out the window. I did and it felt great. Some comments may "seem" egotistical but that is it, "seem", that is not the intention. One when "sells" the idea or the concept of how to attain something, then it is not true. Like Liquidsmoke stated earlier, the Dalai Lama sells out stadiums to present his philosophy, I think that is wrong but I also think TPTB put him up to it. I think they profit more from him than we know.

Prophet NOT profit.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
For the few that did not really read the postings of the OP....it is obvious that this mans 'understanding' has nothing....nothing....nothing....to do with religion.

There is no power or authority here.

For those who quickly shrug things as common sense, therefor, not deeming such words worthy for much at all....this is not common sense. Many people have to work really hard to love all people, in moments that we want to be angry, in moment we want to tell someone off, in moments we want to lower our vibration all because that is what another did to us....many of these words are talking about something to 'work on'. Not just a 'knowing' but a 'doing'. It is not easy, and its immpossible to do if a person has no understanding of WHY it is best to over come those temptations of a lower self or lower carnal way.

No one is telling me how to interpret the words, I can share with anyone I want where I see the worth in the words, no one can really tell me Im wrong and condemn for the way I take in the wisdom given. This is not a religion.

If this was common sense, we wouldnt have all the horrid things going on around us that we ALLOW to happen.

What is more awesome....is that we have the freedom to share in this time. We have the freedom to read all sorts of materials, inner persons understandings of all walks of life, and still discovery many things from our past long ago. Humans are in taking information on a massive scale without alot of judgment from others. I am thankful to be in a land today that I can study anything I wish to study, I can think for myself if it holds wisdom or not, and I also dont have to like something just because it is mainstream for my country.

Just be thankful to be alive and be human, if someones words just dont spark a light in you, just carry on. There is no religion here or authority telling you something must be, so no need to feel like someone is telling you how things 'should' be. Choice is beautiful...

LV

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by daddio

It may not be the best example of an enlightened one the Dalai Lama portrays, but even if someone is completely non-materialistic they still have to eat and provide for their family. Also to even consider trying to make your path towards you must not have any worries about anything especially if you're going to be able to pay the cable bill or not. But you are correct, charging the entire stadium is not being beneficial to his fellow man. Ultimately, he neglects the people who could really use his message. Even if there aren't many who haven't heard it yet.

Thank you OP for your topic. Also thank your friend for all of us, too

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Algebra

Originally posted by downisreallyup

Honestly....I read about 3 or 4 of these and then just skipped the rest.

It's the same old generic new age, pseudo enlightenment rhetoric. None of this is that interesting and if there's anyone who hasn't heard and thought all this stuff before then they live under the same rock that someone beat them in the head with.

This is why I am always dumbfounded at how many people want to listen to the Dhali lama. All he ever says is, be compassionate to each other. Yeah NO @@#$%&*! Dhali Lama, everyone gets that.

Not tryin to knock the guy, I'm sure he's great. But how is he an awakened soul??

It's good stuff to read, probably won't hurt ya, but it's nothing new, so I'm not that impressed.

Oh, you poor dear man... do you hear yourself? You say how you know all this, and yet from your very response, with the words you speak and the tone you project, you just prove that your HEART hasn't the faintest idea what this is all about.

The distance between your mind and your heart is about one foot, but it might as well be a million miles. These concepts are not hard to think about, but they are certainly hard to live by, for it is all too easy to speak hastily and nastily to others... which says far more about what you truly think and believe.

Now, just for a moment, imagine that you were the one who wrote this OP, and imagine that some well-meaning, yet seriously self-deceived person wrote those harsh words to you... can you do that? Just get out of your thinking for a moment, and put yourself into the OPs shoes. If someone talked to you that way, would you think that he understood the first thing about the higher human virtues, the greatest being love? If the pure essence of love is thinking of the other person, then true love is only shown when it is shown towards those who are unlovable in your eyes.

It is very easy to become jaded in life, and it is very hard to break from that self-deception. If you are brave enough to be honest enough with yourself, you will see that what I have said is correct... and meant for your benefit.

This kind of rambling crap which appears to be about nothing in particalar except maybe yet another attempt to drive me towards the chains of religeon. May just make sense in your tiny little mind and those buddys in the "God Squad". Please explain what it is your actualy trying to say here instead of trying to make your self sound more intelligent than you actualy are. Then we can talk.

In order to understand philosophy you actually have to engage your brain and think about what is being said. I am writing a book on the subject, which will prove to anyone that actually THINKS (and doesn't want people thinking for him) that what people commonly refer to as "God" actually MUST exist... logic is not open to private interpretation, and my logic is irrefutable. Your lacking of understanding is not because of a flaw with my logic, but rather a flaw in your understanding. Go read the writings of Immanuel Kant and see if you can understand those. He is a highly respected philosopher, so if you can't understand him, you will not be able to shift the burden by claiming the philosophy is faulty.

As far as what I'm trying to say, there is no "trying" involved. I have said perfectly logical statements, each one resulting from what is called "reason of the first order", which means that the reason is not complex, and very simple to understand if you only but apply yourself.

I am not trying to turn you to religion! That is entirely up to you, as I represent no religion, nor do I care if you belong to one or not. In my case, I do not belong to any organized religion.

What I am doing is trying to get people to realize that a universe without an "initial creative source" is just not possible... not because I said so, or some religion says so, but because absolute logic and reason say so. The only way to defend a creator-less universe is by introducing circular-reasoning, and circular-reasoning is invalid by anyone's standards of truth.

In my new book I will be delving into this in great detail, examining all the possible alternative "existence scenarios" and following their logic through to completion. Anyone who is honest with themselves will not be able to deny the soundness of the arguments presented.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
For the few that did not really read the postings of the OP....it is obvious that this mans 'understanding' has nothing....nothing....nothing....to do with religion.

There is no power or authority here.

For those who quickly shrug things as common sense, therefor, not deeming such words worthy for much at all....this is not common sense. Many people have to work really hard to love all people, in moments that we want to be angry, in moment we want to tell someone off, in moments we want to lower our vibration all because that is what another did to us....many of these words are talking about something to 'work on'. Not just a 'knowing' but a 'doing'. It is not easy, and its immpossible to do if a person has no understanding of WHY it is best to over come those temptations of a lower self or lower carnal way.

No one is telling me how to interpret the words, I can share with anyone I want where I see the worth in the words, no one can really tell me Im wrong and condemn for the way I take in the wisdom given. This is not a religion.

If this was common sense, we wouldnt have all the horrid things going on around us that we ALLOW to happen.

What is more awesome....is that we have the freedom to share in this time. We have the freedom to read all sorts of materials, inner persons understandings of all walks of life, and still discovery many things from our past long ago. Humans are in taking information on a massive scale without alot of judgment from others. I am thankful to be in a land today that I can study anything I wish to study, I can think for myself if it holds wisdom or not, and I also dont have to like something just because it is mainstream for my country.

Just be thankful to be alive and be human, if someones words just dont spark a light in you, just carry on. There is no religion here or authority telling you something must be, so no need to feel like someone is telling you how things 'should' be. Choice is beautiful...

LV

Nothing is so uncommon as common sense...

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
[edit on 22-12-2009 by downisreallyup]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Algebra

Also, I was responding to the other member in my post, finding it quite odd that he would be saying how much he already knew all the things that the OP posted, and yet in his very words and tone he was violating everything that was written. I do believe that is called hypocrisy and I was encouraging him to consider the disconnect that was so very apparent.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by downisreallyup

I would very much enjoy reading your book when finished.

I am entering into a double major of English and philosophy, however my friends keep telling me how impractical philosophy is...

I don't understand their reasoning, a friend of mine is a philosophy major yet he tells me that the only thing philosophy is good for is to learn how to bull# your way through a conversation...

I now realize that it takes a certain mindframe to be able to inquire upon the nature of existence...

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by downisreallyup

I'm sure that your predictably poor assumptions, based on my first post on this thread probably say something about you too...but I'll leave everyone to decide that for themselves. I'll keep an open mind for the time being.

Some are easy to live by others more difficult, and some for very good reason, they'll #&%$ up yer life! But if people convince themselves that they're attaining some sort of enlightenment they'll go along with it. It's no different then being told what to do by any other religion, new age stuff just happens to be the flavor of the, century?

Who's speaking hastily to who? Oh, you poor dear man... do you hear yourself?

who is it that decides the higher human virtues? Why would I put my blind faith in love? Replace love with God, and BOOM! you've got thousands of years of persecution by christianity. The spanish inquisition, burning people at the stake, the crusades, etc etc etc. Try replacing love with Allah, and it's real crazy too. Most of the posters are missing these types of parallels, which makes any defense they have of this type of enlightenment, frankly very laughable. Sorry.

Oh thank you oh wise one for trying to benefit me. But like I said this stuff is nothing new to me, so if you really wanna blow my mind yer gonna need to be a little less generic.

You are correct about one thing though...down is really up in this thread.

-Liquid

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Skittle

Just what I expected from someone posing with a hand gun

a hollow one liner...just what I'd expect from someone who reads into avatars waaaay too much. Stop back by. I have no problem making people like you look really stupid. I AM NOT the Dalai Lama, I will NOT show you compassion. I'll make a fool of you then post your handle and link to this thread in my sig line so that your foolishness will be immortalized on this site for anyone to see at anytime....

come on...lets get enlightened....

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I followed this sort of general spirituality for most of my life - I think now that it is the "wide gate" that Christ talked about..."Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

I have now chosen the narrow gate and the Christian path. It means this: there is one God - He sent His only begotten son and those who believe in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life. We must believe and repent of our sins. It sounds simple but it is not - it is very complex- We have God's word in the Bible - also very complex. The world rejects this way because this is not God's world but rather a satan-ruled world. At least for now. So, Jesus Christ is the litmus test - many believe they worship God - unfortunately it is not the true God.

Some attack organized religion - that is much too broad of an attack but a very easy target and religion is also contaminated by humans and their weaknesses. So, that is not an answer - but a church that follows the teachings of Christ and God's word as found in the Bible can be a terrific help as one completes this journey.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by daddio

See, I have to pause to put these words together so they can be understood, and that is not a derogatory statement. If you know that all you have is enough to make you happy and content, you then do not need any more. I don't care about money, therefore I will always have enough money. And I do, too much actually and I give it to friends and family.

yeah i got it the first time...now pay attention to what I was saying. yer quote sounds even worse when you consider the fact that you have so much money that you can give it away. I mean, can anyone take you seriously now? If that is a quote from buddha it's probably not even a reference to money....it's entirely possible that you missed the point of your own quote. enlightenment indeed.

It's really that simple, I was not flaming on you or anyone else. Peace man, that's all the world is after. And as for getting into someones head, have you ever talked to someone and just couldn't understand where they were coming from or talking about, I have a brother like that, Navy Sela, so I see his head was messed with. Half the timehe goes off on a tangent and I have no idea where he's coming from and saying. So I have to pause and remember he was in the military and can no longer think straight.

it's almost never that difficult to see where someone is coming from. goes back to my original point, and how most of the stuff being posted by new agers and so called enlightened people is so mundane. People that are impossible to understand are the most interesting, people who are easy to understand don't really offer a whole lot to me. again, my original point...after three pages am I making sense yet?

Ever study martial arts? That is a good place to start. Concentration and focus as well as symmetry of the mind and body.

not really, but i like to run a lot, i find that it has the same or similar effects.

You don't have to "buy" anything, I do not see anyone selling anything here anyway, just discussion. But to say you aren't buying it and stating that people who are enlightened or claim to be are selfish, not in so many words, and you think it's bull, again, not in so many words. But that's the jist of it. It's real and has existed for hundreds of thousands of years.

I don't see anyone selling anything here either, but thats not to say they don't, although there are some very pushy people in here who clearly think it's there way or the highway. before you try and throw me into that very category you'd better reread my posts. I haven't called new age teachings BULL. Not in "not so many words" or any words at all. I have in fact, said that it's basically good stuff, although not always so tread with caution when studying it. Don't confuse where my beef with stuff lies.

The OP was merely posting things that a friend had written while in a state of altered mind or being. Some are fairly good, others seem to ramble on, but that sometimes happens. But to think or see it all as bunk is kinda sad.

you got me wrong....
reread my posts, all of em, not just the ones addressed to you.

-Liquid

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join