It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank you obama

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Can someone please tell me one thing this man has done good since he was in office?
Just one thats all I ask

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by kenochs

While we all want the best for the country our country is run to the ground as we speak because we Americans can not make up our minds of who is better coming from the two elite parties that runs the nation.

Is not fixing anything as long as those two parties control politics, when people realized that perhaps we will be going on the right direction.

Until then all you going to get is people been divided because they still believe that dumb is better than dumber.

But then again that is how is done so people keep thinking that we all need to do something, but that is why we got two elite parties to chose from, so the power never change while people keeps fighting for them.

The only way to make people aware is drilling them like broken disk.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
another thank you.......

For allowing the U. N. to " continue operations " on our soil.....on land donated by the ROCHEFELLARs

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Hack28

You don't know me,who I am,where I'm from,what I've done,or where I've been.I would say I will prove it but why?You already made up your mind that I'm a liar.Lets just say it's a double edged sword,I made mistakes in my past I now regret and they limit what I would like to do with my life now.I certainly hope you don't think intelligence will insulate you from making mistakes.I was young angry and thought I was smarter than every one else,I made mistakes I will live with the rest of my life and that's fine,I made the bed and I'll sleep in it.
I had written quite a bit more in explanation of what I am referring to but realized it sounded like I was looking for pity and the last thing I want is your pity.Good Day to you.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
You should thank obama The Destroyer for eventually agreeing to send more troops to Afghanistan and for sending several thousand less troops then was requested.
You should also thank BO for his limp responce to the mad man in Iran in his quest to get nuclear weapons.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Reply to post by marg6043

I that honest politicians are something akin to a myth. You're more likely to find a unicorn IMHO. But, that is our *the people's* fault due to our complacency that let it get this bad.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Reply to post by blankduck18

I love rhetorical questions. That question has been answered already. Don't ask questions which you are already sure you have the answers.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

Fair enough, no more needs to be said on that topic.

To your original thread though have you considered elaborating on the Obama issue. I know it gets redundant on here because someone always has an Obama thread but a comparison between his actions and the constitution would be incredibly interesting. Its spoken of often but i cant recall seeing it laid out.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
edited..

[edit on 21-12-2009 by December_Rain]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I'm kinda with you on this.

I've never been particularly impressed with the Senate of House leadership of either party... My choices are Reid/Pelosi or McConnell/Boehner? Wow, I'm underwhelmed. Or rather I've never been able to seriously attach the word leadership to any of them (at least what most people I know think of as leadership).

I've always thought it would be possible to find a state that is plagued with Rep/Dem that have low favorable ratings and introduce a well-funded third party Independent candidate for Senate and then become a power broker as the Senate is always so closely held, one vote could (as seen by the Lieberman/Nelson fiasco on Health Care) have an inordinate impact.

Just an idea.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
wow...i've never seen an argument with a brick wall last for 2 pages.

Seriously people, why argue with someone who calls himself the smartest man alive? Then has the brain-fart to misspell idiot?

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

what breaks first, the brick wall or my skull...

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by genius/idoit
This is an open letter to President obama.

Thanks for letting me Handle the financial crisis I am going through all by myself(I'm sure it builds character)
\

Wait .. Aren't you Against Government Handouts and Involvement ??

Hhaha.. you are really hard to figure out (Actually you are very easy to figure out ..)

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
another thank you.....

for your transparency and promised change....... please read this thread ..... and add to it.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Thank you Obama for waking the Patriots and Revolutionaries that will soon in time rid us of this pathetic excuse of a Government and bring true freedom upon the people!

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

An interesting, but unnecessary thread. We are all keenly aware of the man's shortcomings. Especially his supporters, which is why you were attacked right off the bat. As usual they can't refute your claims, so they bash you. Instead of debunking what you wrote, they move onto things he has done that is supposedly good for us. Typical. Half the posts in this thread should be reported, as 'Courtesy is Mandatory,' yet lost on many. It never ceases to irk me how people can call sending more troops to Afghanistan a good thing. Got to get a 'handle' on Al-Queda and those darn Taliban, they're 'dangerous' after all. I wonder how many people actually know a tinker's-damn about Afghanistan. Outside what gets spewed out of the face of a talking head on the MSM, of course. I love how people complain about Iran 'wanting' nukes, although there is little proof of it. Why is it we can suddenly decide who gets nukes and who don't? France has nukes, why not invade them? They COULD use them after all, right? RIGHT? That IS most people's justification, right?

Chrono

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Chronogoblin

I don't necessarily disagree with you on some of this but on the nuclear thing... we've been deciding who does and doesn't get nukes since we created them.
And we're not alone, the members of the Nuclear club are a very small group, and they have been very, very ham-fisted about keeping them in the family.
And while what I know about Afghanistan is limited to what I see and read (since I've never been there), I do know it's a terrible place to get in a fight, but I also know that a resurgent Taliban is an incredibly destabilizing force.
I also know that their safe haven's are in Pakistan, and that Pakistan has the bomb. I don't know how this scenario ends well without defusing the Taliban.

And by the way, I don't link the Taliban and Al Qaeda, one is a real problem, one is a loose affiliation of Saudi supported extremists who have for the most part been sidelined.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenochs
reply to post by Chronogoblin

I don't necessarily disagree with you on some of this but on the nuclear thing... we've been deciding who does and doesn't get nukes since we created them.
And we're not alone, the members of the Nuclear club are a very small group, and they have been very, very ham-fisted about keeping them in the family.
And while what I know about Afghanistan is limited to what I see and read (since I've never been there), I do know it's a terrible place to get in a fight, but I also know that a resurgent Taliban is an incredibly destabilizing force.
I also know that their safe haven's are in Pakistan, and that Pakistan has the bomb. I don't know how this scenario ends well without defusing the Taliban.

And by the way, I don't link the Taliban and Al Qaeda, one is a real problem, one is a loose affiliation of Saudi supported extremists who have for the most part been sidelined.

The taliban & CIA manufactured Al Qaeda are about 6000 miles from destabilizing US soil.. If they are such a big deal, and pose such an immediate threat.. there are local nations fully capable of handling their own back yard.

But guess what, they don't see US enemies as their enemy.. they see them as brother pakistanis..

..and if many people of pakistan / afghanistan embrace the taliban over US puppets.. that is the locals expressing their choice, we should respect that and point the finger at our govts failure at meddling in their business.

If the US govt was offering these folks a better deal, why aren't they jumping on it? why are they violently rejecting US presence? maybe because they know from local history how US puppets operate, that empires violently roll in with fairy tales about terrorist boogie-men, lofty empty promises.. and they're not interested.

This article sums up US failure nicely:
news.yahoo.com...

"The Pakistanis don't see the Afghan Taliban and allied Haqqani network as a clear and present danger,"

Why should they? because the US govt says so?..laughable.

"For this reason the Pakistanis are unwilling to take on the Afghan Taliban in a proxy war for their fickle U.S. allies," he said. "They have already lost some 2,000 of their own troops fighting the Pakistani Taliban in what many Pakistanis see as a surrogate war against fellow Pakistanis on behalf of the U.S. And should the U.S. withdraw troops one day and the Taliban sweep into power, the Pakistanis don't want to have a record of having antagonized them.""

They know the US / NATO be driven out one day.. and they'll still be there needing to co-exist with their neighbors.

On top of all that.. only 2% in pakistan believe Al Qaeda was responsible for 9/11.. 27% opined it was the US govt... clearly the pakistanis don't share your "destabilizing force" opinion, if anything they see the US as more of a destabilizing force... and as liars. Who wants to fight for destabilizing liars?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by blankduck18

It most likely depends on which ideological lines you stand on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join