It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CHRISTIAN TEACHER SACKED OVER PRAYERS FOR A SICK PUPIL

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
A DEVOUT Christian teacher spoke of her anguish last night after being sacked for offering to pray for a sick pupil.

Well this comes at the same time as this incident -

Priest outrages police by telling congregation: 'My advice to poor is to shoplift'

Link www.dailymail.co.uk...

Olive Jones, 54, was also branded a bully.

The mother-of-two said last night: “I am devastated and have been made to feel like a criminal.”

She says her treatment is yet another example of Christians being persecuted in the name of political correctness.

www.express.co.uk...

It would appear that the UK is slowly but steadily moving into a position of "Zero Tolerance " toward christian superstition and self appointed reverence.

The cries of "persecution " are outrageous if the woman ad kept her beliefs to herself she would still have a job.

It is so sad that things have to come to this but sadly the religious are hellbent on blighting society, particularity children with their delusion and are now being rightly told "Shut up until asked".

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

That is depressing but in saying that if the child the woman offered a prayer to came from a non religious family then it stands to reason that such an act might not be welcome and it seems odd to me that this "devout" person could not see the dangers of offering a prayer in these more and more secular times.

Had someone offered to pray for one of my children I would have frowned more than smiled and not because I am anti religious but because In terms of religion I have full sway until such time as my child is old enough to decide for herself and therefore influence from another adult is not welcome when it comes to that subject.

When a stranger tends to my child in times of illness, feeds and clothes them, comforts them after nightmares and loves them as I do then and only then can they have any right to whisper words of god in their ears and even then they had better ask my permission first.

Religious freedom is great but it is also a personal choice that should be kept personal. Offering prayers could be misconstrued as an attempt to influence a minor into religion and in this case it seems to have been misconstrued or construed – your choice!

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
For once I agree with you OP she should keep her beliefs to herself, if all religious people did the same it would be a happier world that we live in. I think anyone forcing their religion down our throats should be hund drawn and quartered. I am shocked the daily mail reported this tho
between this and their story about polish homeless being brought over on buses to claim benefits and then sent home even though anyone with a computer could find out that you need to be a UK resident for 2 years before you can claim unemployment benefit. The paper is a sham and I am sick of the bile it and its ilk are spreading. I championed it in the past due to my feelings about islam however now I have chosen to turn the other cheek
and no longer read stories about muslims or comment on them. I think this country needs to wake up and realise that not all the problems are due to muslims or people on benefits. People can only take and act as much as they are allowed. Our government is the route cause of this, simple as that.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

join