It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Norway Spiral - mathmatics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Hi guys

I am studying for a degree in physics (one in the first year) and I go on a physics forum for help and just to have a look around. I came across this thread that someone had posted about the spiral lights in Norway. There is a PDF document you can download which I think you might find interesting.

Hi All, I have written a paper showing that the spirals over Norway could not have been caused by a missile. I posted the paper to my blog: bringthefunk.blogspot.com... I would really love feedback from whoever is willing. Thanks.

This thread was locked by a moderator, but still the guy had put a bit of work into his theory which I found very intresting. I know people have said its project bluebook and alsorts of wonderfull theory's.

Here is the link to the PDF document.

PDF document download

Please note that this is not my work, So I do not take any credit for it.

Gareth

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Why did the Mod close it down?

Is the paper peer reviewed?

IRM

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
Why did the Mod close it down?

Is the paper peer reviewed?

IRM

I dont know why they closed it.

The guy must have put some effert into building a theory and all he asked for was feedback.

Gareth

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I've just done a search for that thread and yes, it does appear to be gone ... most unusual

I've examined the mathematics that he presented and they appeared to be correct based on the necessary assumptions that he made.

As far as I was concerned, he had put forth a valid argument as to why the Norway spiral could NOT have been created by a failed Russian missile.

Would it be possible for one of the moderators to comment on this action ?

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
all the mod said was that pesonal appinions are not permited on the forum.

Gareth

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by gareth01422
all the mod said was that pesonal appinions are not permited on the forum.

Gareth

Hmmm, strange ... virtually EVERY thread and/or post is a personal opinion of one kind or another.

I tend to suspect that there's a deeper underlying reason why it was closed but I guess we won't ever know what that was.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Bump, because i think this paper should be read by people who understand more of mathematics than me.
Shameless quote of the last paragraph, so people can decide if it interests them:

Yet, if one assumes that the “ripples” are moving at the speed of sound, which is still physically impossible (mind you, sonic booms would have been heard if this were the case), the wavelength of the ripples would be about 340m, then the height of the spiral's center would be about 432m above the ground. This pushes our lower limit to under 432m! At this height, the missile would be both extraordinarily loud and visible. Since no one has described neither a sound or visible object when recounting their observation of the Norway Spirals, we can safely conclude that there is no physically possible distance at which a missile could be the cause of the spirals in question.

Quite a claim, debunkers go!

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
The thread is not locked or removed. The OP has not been back to comment on criticism of the paper. Apparently not too interested in the feedback.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 12/21/2009 by Phage]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

top topics

join