It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Challenge to crop circle skeptics...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
The people who make the most intricate designs that true believers latch onto as evidence for ET visitation, are artists in my view.

It's like saying the Mona Lisa was painted by ET and the only way to prove that it is not is for one of us to paint a perfect replica. Not going to happen.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Visiting ESB
This is the best example of how we CANNOT make complex designs. The challenge is to match the appearance of crop circles in exactly the same manner as they have appeared. That means they happen overnight, not "19 hours later and counting" as is shown in this video (around 4:20). Overnight means within 8-10 hours at the most. Not nearly an entire day. This is actually embarassing for the debunkers. They still cannot show where humans can make complex designs in a field overnight, and without disturbing or destroying the crop, without noise, without all the cumbersome and clumsy way that the Firefox logo was made. When you look at that, it is really a very simple design and a rather pathetic effort to duplicate something that no one, to date, has shown they can duplicate. Poor attempt...try again...

Isnt it slightly more embarassing to claim that because there is no method that we know of to create the more complex circles, that its down to aliens? Its alright to have the opinion that the groups of men going into fields at night method might not apply to all the crop circles, I can see how people would come to that conclusion. But where the hell does the messages from aliens thing come from, people speak about this idea like its pure fact, when there's zero evidence to think that these things are 1. messages, and 2. left by aliens.

Do you actually want to put forth a serious challenge to create a crop circle, or do you just want to debate the crop circle phenomena in general?

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442

By the way, the timing of your "challenge" is quite brave - takes a lot of guts to issue a crop circle challenge at a time when the majority of ATS are experiencing WINTER.

If you've got any ideas on how to make a crop circle when there's no bleedin crops in the ground, and with the fields under nearly meter of snow out here, I'd love to hear them.

So in your scientific mind, winter is all over the world right now. There are no warm areas where a design could be made, right? Also, what leads you believe that the challenge was for now anyway? Brilliant of you, I'd say...

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Obviously, this has struck a raw nerve with some. You'd think debunkers would jump to the chance to prove their point. Maybe they know they can't...?

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluebelle

Isnt it slightly more embarassing to claim that because there is no method that we know of to create the more complex circles, that its down to aliens?
Do you actually want to put forth a serious challenge to create a crop circle, or do you just want to debate the crop circle phenomena in general?

The challenge is here. All I see are people like you making every excuse possible why you won't do this.

If it can be done by humans, JUST F@#!!!! DO IT, FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!!!

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Visiting ESB

Duuuuude.. take a chill pill.

Not making excuses at all. I just dont care enough to make any substanial effort to prove anyone wrong. If you feel strongly about the subject yourself why not start your own investigation into them, instead of coming on ATS and demanding people prove that we cant make them.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Obviously, this has struck a raw nerve with some. You'd think debunkers would jump to the chance to prove their point. Maybe they know they can't...?

First off, I'm not a debunker. I have no problem with believing there is life out there, I have no trouble believing that life from out there has not at some time, if not many times visited the planet. I think the odds are astronomically small when you think about, especially when you look at how technology advances etc.

I am a "believer".

Yet, I also firmly believe that part of finding out the "truth" is to be able to tell what is real from the fakes. And so when I look at the crop circles, there are obvious signs that they are fake.

Sorry, but I do not have to believe every claim people make about aliens in order to be a "believer". Taking a critical look at things also does not make me a "debunker". I want to believe they are real. But if you can't tell if something is fake, then you'll never really know the real thing either.

You can believe whatever you want to believe. If the videos posted aren't good enough for you then nothing is. You're just making yourself look petty.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   

If it can be done by humans, JUST F@#!!!! DO IT, FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!!!

It has been done by humans, many times, but you refuse to accept that fact.

One wonders why?

So man is able to design and build cameras able to take the pictures of patterns in wheat etc, build a internet to distribute those pictures, design and build computers to display the pictures, design and build helicopters and planes to fly over the pictures, but is unable to make patterns in wheat.....

[edit on 22/12/09 by dereks]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
when someone says this is my theory, some/most crop circles are made by aliens. If you disagree you ether disprove them, Show that it is possible to make one of these very elaborate crop circles. That would help to discrediting the alien theory, or you can shut up and stop bickering back and forth on a chat. The gauntlet has been thrown. Also from what I read the OP didn't open a debate they set a challenge. Step up or sit down.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raven Hemp
when someone says this is my theory, some/most crop circles are made by aliens.

Theories usually have some sort of evidence to get them going in the first place. And I do mean evidence, not proof. Just a little something to show how they formed that theory in the first place. Otherwise whats the point. I could tell people Ive got osama bin laden hiding in my kitchen cupboard, have no evidence, and then when no one is prepared to prove that he isnt I can start ranting away saying that its because they know its the truth.

The more complicated one's may not be able to be achieved with methods used to create the simpler crop circles, but why does that mean its aliens?
Saying they're man made doesnt always mean they've been made by groups of people wishing to keep the cropcircleconnector guys in business.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluebelle

There's no way you have Osama Bin Laden in your cupboard! How do I know this?....

Because he's in my cupboard! Sheesh!

IRM

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
How do we know oil and coal are "Fossil" fuel? well some Russian scientist said so. He didn't have any evidence. Now that's a theory that is shaping how things are ran now.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I think it's unreal that people still try to debate that these could be made by man. Yeah, technically we can't prove aliens did it either, but who the hell cares? When you get down to that point, your argument is just gone you are obviously trying to get some more words in for the sake of talking.. or typing.

The point of this topic is that those stupid "hoaxer" idiots with a plank of wood, pressing down the stalks, are just spewing sh*t.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12GaugePermissionSlip
And don't forget to use that crop circle device that shows 110 times greater radiation levels inside the circle...bring that with you.

Oh and don't forget your anti-gravitational device so as not to make footprints...got bring that.

And just for good measure, and to convince us all real good, make your circle directly over some ancient artifact buried under the ground.

What about the fact that the corn stalks have had their molecular structure altered. They explode outward at a point which a microwave could cause.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   

How do we know oil and coal are "Fossil" fuel? well some Russian scientist said so. He didn't have any evidence. Now that's a theory that is shaping how things are ran now.

So you are using a previous mistake to justify another mistake? Do you not see the problem with that? Pointing out others will just give you company, not make you right.

And I think the reason that theory came about was because of the presence of hydrocarbons, which is common with life(organic chemistry).

[edit on 12/23/2009 by badmedia]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cigar
What about the fact that the corn stalks have had their molecular structure altered. They explode outward at a point which a microwave could cause.

Got any links to that? I don't think I've ever seen a corn crop circle. I've been in many corn fields however, and the rows are spread pretty far apart. Doesn't seem like it would be a place where you'd want to make a crop circle.

Here's what a corn field looks like. you can see it's rows, rather than just tracks from a tractor.

hangproud.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
You can argue about this crop circle subject until the cows come home, seems to me!
However, as a stellar plasma fusion generated neutrinosynthesiser sentient cosmic consciousness, I believe that most crop circles are made by like minded ET's:

Furthermore, as a Jack of all trades and master of none, I was at one time trained and employed to measure, mark out, and make white line sports field geometries, on short mown grass. Where races could be run or games like football, lawn tennis, and cricket played.

For example and taking the simplest example:
To measure and make a 6 lane 100 meter running track from scratch, to be used at a summer fete, or school sports day say, you first need to hammer a metal spike into the ground. Then using a surveyors measuring tape you pace out 100 meters, at which point you hammer another metal spike into the ground. Rewinding the surveyors tape, you replace it with a length of string tied twangy taut between the two metal spikes to ensure a straight line, over which the three wheeled lime wash application machine is pushed. This proceedure is repeated until the number of running lanes required have been applied to the mown grass field in a white lime wash solution, to dry.

The use of metal spikes to string out the required sports geometry is necessary on dry compacted ground but in wet conditions metal spikes under tension act like a knife through butter, and the necessary strung out tension to ensure clean geometric lines is lost. Therefore, in wet soil conditions square wooden pegs are used to string out the required geometries, in place of round metal spikes. These being sunk to a sufficient depth in the ground to hold a taut line using a wooden mallet rather than metal hammer.

This was daytime work and required pacing up and down the strung out line to ensure it wasn't snagged on a tuft, or fallen twig, maybe.

The point of all this is that hammering spikes into the ground created a degree of hammering and thumping noise, that would reverberate and echo in some topographical locations.
Now imagine yourself in a wheat field ~ grass two feet high in effect, at silent night in the country.
Why is it I ask, in all the years of crop circles appearing mysteriously at night, nobody has ever reported hearing a series of metal spikes or wooden pegs being hammered and malleted into the ground ~ necessary to ensure clean crisp geometric definition?

Check it out with your local professionally trained sports field maintenance people.
Short of a geostationary satellite link beaming down the necessary coordinates, how else do you silently define the crop formation geometry, to be followed by the hushed plankers?

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Whats there to prove really? There's not one smidgen of evidence to suggest that aliens do any of them, but there is PROOF that humans do indeed make them.

What more do you need? Why are you clinging to the hope that aliens do them when it's so illogical?

Answer me this please:

Why have CCs become more intricate and complex since their birth in the early 70's? (when they were just basic circles).

Is it because CC makers have simply got better and better at them over the years? Of course it is.

Its an artform created by humans, and made by humans.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Umm okay, I highly doubt that a scientist would just pluck something like that out of thin air with no evidence whatsoever.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
It shouldn't be too hard, just don't forget to energize the crops when you're done so they can grow quicker!

Furthmore, don't forget to solve another mathematical problem so it will look more legit, the squaring of a circle has already been done so you'll need to solve another one. I suggest Goldbach's conjecture. Or you can just stick to geometric fractals, a few hours in the dark with chipboard, no problems.

When you're done, you can use Windows Movie Maker to forge a video showing a ball of light creating the crop circles in 2 seconds flat. Then get one of your buddies to lie on camera and claim he saw this mysterious light flying over the crops.

Then you should call the local airforce base and immediately dispatch a military helictoper to fly over the scene when you're done. Capture this on film and paste in the ball of light flying about.

Shouldn't be too hard just don't get caught by the local farmer.

PS. One more thing, you're really gonna need an anti-gravity device to get out of there without leaving a trace.

[edit on 23-12-2009 by IrnBruFiend]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join