It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NORTHCOM Commander’s Blog! - Gen. Renuart Responds To Questions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Fascist Soup reports:

I am the author of this article, therefore it is out of quotes and posted in full.

The US NORTHCOM commander has decided to open a blog that accepts direct comments from the public. I wrote a letter to General Gene Renuart asking him some very specific questions about recent rumors concerning a troop build up and what he would do in the event of an emergency.

To my surprise, he took the time to write me back. I would like to thank him publicly for his time in responding to me and for his service. Here is the question and response that took place:

Dear Gen. Renuart,

I think it’s fantastic that you have blog that allows the public to comment directly to Northern Command commanders.

Since I can’t seem to find an email address for you, I’ll have to settle for leaving my questions as a blog comment. Please feel free to respond to my email address if you do not wish this comment to be posted publicly.

I am a veteran and a concerned citizen. I have recently seen many disturbing reports and rumors floating around that I feel you would be able to clear up.

My first question to you:
Recent reports by Russian military analysts suggest the President has ordered upwards of 1 million US troops to be repositioned under NORTHCOM command. Is there any truth to these allegations? If so, why?

My second question to you:
Given the Federal Reserve's doubling of the money supply and zero percent interest rates leading to a large carry trade and the Chinese cutting deals with the Russians to buy crude oil outside of the dollar system, are you concerned about a possible sudden dollar devaluation by a coordinated action of foreign central banks? If not, why not?

My third question to you:
If a sudden dollar devaluation should occur, what actions would NORTHCOM engage in as it pertains to feeding the US public and suppressing possible riots? Does current NORTHCOM policy dictate US troops under federal control may be used to actively engage in policing operations against the US public in violation of Posse Comitatus?

My fourth question to you:
Would you ignore unconstitutional orders to disarm the American public, suppress the American public, or otherwise deprive them of their natural and constitutional rights without due process of law in the event of an emergency situation as your oath of office demands? If not, why not?

I appreciate you taking the time to read my letter and look forward to your response.

Thanks,

Michael Suede

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Michael,

First let me thank you for your e-mail and, most of all, your dedicated service to your country. And thank you for taking the time to ask questions that will help NORAD and USNORTHCOM educate citizens of North America about our very important mission to defend our homelands. Interestingly, we have seen the questions you asked posed almost as facts in many blogs, and we honestly appreciate you taking the time to seek the truth. You are one of the few who has taken the time to do this.

There is no truth to the EU Times story of a massive troop increase under my command, US Northern Command. In fact, I was surprised myself when I first became aware about these reports just a few weeks ago. I can assure you that the notion that I have been asked or directed to stand-up any 1-million-sized force is completely without fact. I think it is interesting to note here that there are 1.4 million active duty forces total in all the U.S. Military combined today.

Now, it is true that the Department of Defense has been working for a few years now to stand-up 3 organizations called Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, and high-yield Explosive (CBRNE) Consequence Management Response Forces, or CCMRF, a Title 10 Task Force comprised of Total Force (DoD Active and Reserve component) capabilities. These three forces will total no more than approximately 15,000 service members and are to be used in case of a chemical, biological, or nuclear attack in our country. These forces would come mostly from the Guard and Reserve and would be utilized only to help a State handle a crisis that would be larger than what the State itself could manage. While they would be under my command and control from a military chain of command perspective, they would be supporting a primary federal agency that, in turn, is directed by the President to support a Governor and his or her state and city officials.

As an American Service member, and not an economist, I can’t begin to comment or speculate on the implications of a sudden dollar devaluation as you described. Finally, I really don’t think our situation is near as dire as your comments might suggest. I am confident in the capabilities and professionalism of our nations’ local, city, state, and federal organizations to uphold the rule of law. In concert with our partnered organizations, NORAD and USNORTHCOM remain prepared to defend our homelands and provide Defense Support of Civil Authorities (DSCA) as needed and requested.

I want to thank you again for your questions and our service to your country.

Please do not hesitate to share my response with other concerned citizens.

Cheers,

General Gene Renuart
Commander, NORAD and U. S. Northern Command

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While I greatly appreciate the general’s response, he dodged the biggest point I was trying to make with my line of questioning.

Would NORTHCOM violate posse comitatus and actively engage in martial law suppression of rights against the American people should a disaster occur? Would they attempt to disarm the public? Would they disobey unconstitutional orders?

It takes a diplomat to be a general. Hopefully he got the message I was trying to send.

I do believe him when he says there is no truth to the force build up.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Thank you Very Much!

Great find... I'm composing something myself to ask.

-Edrick

join