It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MIRACLES: THE WORLDS FORGOTTEN ENGIMA

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
WHY HAVE BIBLICAL SCALE MIRACLES STOPPED?

Why have there been NO major miracles since Biblical times... a span of 2000 + years? Today, millions of Catholics and Christians are constantly reminded they do exsist as a factual measure of recruitment.

Are lack of "grand scale" modern day miracles even a concern?

Looking back, the Bible we all know was packed full with accounts of fantastic healings, land movements, reversed plagues, mass feedings and all witnessed by thousands of folks at the time...

Since then we have seen nothing! -- NADA! or should we consider a string of so-called "Micro Miracles" like the one on the Hudson?

People are losing faith because one can only ponder 2000 year old stories for so long before you get totally frustrated with IT.. and the folks who are TELLING it.

Here are miracle examples that would pack pulpits like sardines in a can:

1. Get rid of world poverty overnight
2. Turn useless arid land in Africa into a 1000 mile long Whole foods.
3. Stop the control of Federal Reserve by raining gold nuggets for 40 days and 40 nights.
4. And Christmas... provide every child in the world with a god given toy.

Please, Bible believers, feel free to express your usual "Duck & Dodge" theories to answer this simple question.

[edit on 21-12-2009 by Level X]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Dude...you totally forgot about Jesus in a tortilla and the Virgin Mary on a grilled cheese sandwich.

...or was it the other way around?

Seriously, though, what's the Church's position on the Shroud of Turin? I want to say that the Church has recognized some modern "miracles." I just don't know what.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthChrisious

Can one seriously consider the shroud a modern miracle? Nope. And what did the shroud do for mankind at that time?? Where are the real deal miracles of today?

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
There is a book called "the hand that still intervenes" that may shed some light on this. It might be out of print, I'm not sure. I read it when I was younger and it recounted some of what you would classify as modern day miracles.

I am not speaking of the grilled cheese variety.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Level X

Well what we have learned in our technological age is that we can kill a lot more people. Yep that about sums it up. Don't you remember when Jesus went back to his hometown and he could not do very many miracles? Because of disbelief. So yeah if you do not believe you will not see a miracle. Do you not think that it is nations that wage war for their own gain? Lets say you owned a cat and loved and cared for it, but it would always bite and scratch and attack you. It never changed. How long would you put up with it? As you contemplate your response I will leave you with this. It is not believers that condemn non-believers to their fate. Why do you try to condemn believers to your fate.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

Thanks, I'm sure there are thousands of publications regarding this subject, but they are just that.. BOOKS!

In the Bible every page has a miracle of some sort one it. Someone give me a good reason why we can't name a half of one since then?

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Level X

The bible is also a book. I just gave you a title to look at, feel free to read or not. There are numerous ones recounted in this book it just happens to be one I've read, and I am sure there are more.

The catholic church also keeps track of miracles, perhaps contacting them to ask might be of further help.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conclusion
reply to post by Level X

As you contemplate your response I will leave you with this. It is not believers that condemn non-believers to their fate. Why do you try to condemn believers to your fate.

I have contemplated... Now please name a profound miracle outside the Bible?

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seiko
reply to post by Level X

The catholic church also keeps track of miracles, perhaps contacting them to ask might be of further help.

With respect, I'm talking about "Grand Scale" miracles. One should not have to dial a 1800-miracle line to be updated on these things. They should be as plain as day... like the accounts in the Bible. I don't think you understand how simple the question is.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Level X

I have given you an answer and you discounted it. I'm not sure what you expect from this thread.

Do you think the people in china knew about Jesus feeding the 5000? Are you saying you wish to personally experience or see a miracle firsthand?

Your criteria is vague to start with, please define a miracle and I'll be less apt to misunderstand your question. It does not seem very simple to me if my obvious simple answers do not suffice.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Level X
1. Get rid of world poverty overnight
2. Turn useless arid land in Africa into a 1000 mile long Whole foods.
3. Stop the control of Federal Reserve by raining gold nuggets for 40 days and 40 nights.
4. And Christmas... provide every child in the world with a god given toy.

1,2 are mans problems. 3 is just sup1d. 4, is something nothing to do with god. Children are wishing to another god, than our creator. Christmas has nothing really to do with jesus, and is just a festival for other things.

You atheists have no imagination what so ever.

Personally i believe planet earth is the literal hell from the bible. Who is our master of this world, that we unknowingly all worship.

Take your guess.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seiko
reply to post by Level X

Do you think the people in china knew about Jesus feeding the 5000? Are you saying you wish to personally experience or see a miracle firsthand?

We'll use your example.. China. Where is the miracle to return the real Dali Lama? It's funny even the most holy persons God can not conjure a miracle for his return, and not to mention the atrocities. Next, provide one starving country a windfall of food... for 1 year.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
A small group of colonies defeated the empire that the sun would never set on, creating a nation that would feed and give enormously to the rest of the world.

The cold war was destined to be a nuclear massacre, yet a giant nation(some say more powerful than ours) merely crumbled under its own weight.

I'm sure you can explain both of those away easily. Your not looking to have a discussion, you just want to upset people. If perhaps you were a Christian you may feel that is the wrong thing to do. Every time some 13 year old atheist tries to stir up the pot, it proves to me that I'm right.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Originally posted by Level X
1,2 are mans problems. 3 is just sup1d. 4, is something nothing to do with god. Children are wishing to another god, than our creator. Christmas has nothing really to do with jesus, and is just a festival for other things.

You atheists have no imagination what so ever.

Take your guess.

They may sound stupid, because that was the intention. now you understand what is wrong with these grand stories in the Bible.

Again, imagine you can not name a modern day miracle outside the Bible. Where are they my friend.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
OK here is a modern day miracle...

America!!

This country and it's default economic status is a miracle.

We should all be back in the dark age right now, but low and behold the stock market is still going up.

I have no other explanation for the fact that I can still walk into a supermarket and buy food with useless pieces of paper but a double-damned miracle.

I just hope it keeps up.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bilw85
Your not looking to have a discussion, you just want to upset people. If perhaps you were a Christian you may feel that is the wrong thing to do. Every time some 13 year old atheist tries to stir up the pot, it proves to me that I'm right.

First, I am not a Atheist
and secondly, Christians can never answer a straight question for some strange reason... you are stirring up the pot with evasion.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Level X

How about Fatima? Or do some research before posting a question. Google modern day miracles and do some of your own research.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Level X

The Shroud was just an example. I believe it's considered as a "Holy Relic."

I think today miracles are more of a matter of perspective. Most of us consider child birth as a miracle. Miracles are not solely religious in nature anymore.

As for why there are so many miracles in the Bible, you have to remember that Christianity didn't have a whole lot of followers in its early stages. Stories of miracles were mostly a conversion tool. Which story is more likely to attract people - Moses as God's prophet parting the sea and saving his people from certain death, or Moses simply outrunning the pharaoh?

Don't take the stories too literally.

link   

Originally posted by Izarith
OK here is a modern day miracle...

America!!

This country and it's default economic status is a miracle.

We should all be back in the dark age right now, but low and behold the stock market is still going up.

I have no other explanation for the fact that I can still walk into a supermarket and buy food with useless pieces of paper but a double-damned miracle.

I just hope it keeps up.

If you are considering America as a miracle, I disagree. It was man made. America was made over a 200 year span. Simply, no miracle takes that long. They didn't in the Bible. Why was there no INSTANT miracle to thwart 911??

[edit on 21-12-2009 by Level X]

link   
Miracles happen every day, and people all around the world talk about them. Some a are very personal and some are to hard to explain.

Talking about miracles is like talking about seeing an Alien or UFO. No one cares.

That does not mean they don't happen.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join