It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the BVM ever spank Jesus for being a norty boy?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Not sure about the BVM, but if Jesus ever spent any time at the local BMV, we'd have a chance to test that turn the other cheek theory.

"No, I'm sorry Haysus, you just spent 3 hours in the wrong line. Take another number and stand over there. Yes, I'm sure your father is a very big deal, but the rules are for everyone's benefit."

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I don't think that Jesus was perfect. I think Jesus took personal responsibility for every one of his mortal actions, and supplied us with the example to do so as well.

Which is more indicative of perfection:

1. To know what is imperfect, and avoid it?

2. To learn and struggle through hardships, like everyone else, and take the tough lessons to heart instead of getting bitter?

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

n-a-u-g-h-t-y is the correct way. This thread is naughty.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
I think some pretty miraculous stuff happened when Mary was knocked up. She received an angelic visit, okay. I think it's safe to say she was pregnant as soon as the first contact. So there were already two divine forces working this girl — an angel sent to convey a message, as well as the direct implant of God's seed.

I think Mary was divine herself — I mean, she had to be with this miraculous singularity in her uterus. If she wasn't divine before, she became divine, and I think some divinity even rubbed off on Joseph, her husband. He had angelic visitations, as well.

As divine parents — in touch with God Almighty — I think Mary and Joseph were well-prepared for the shenanigans of their Messiah-child.

Swat that baby's butt wit a bolt uh lightnin' — Yowsa!

— Doc Velocity

Speaking of her pregnancy, lets not forget that according to the bible she was pregnant for 10 years!!!! One of the lesser talked about miracles in the bible.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

I'm sure Jesus got punished. Didn't Mary and Joseph spend some time looking for him when he was around 12 and find him teaching in the Temple? I'm guessing they scolded him something fierce for going off without saying where he was going...

As a matter of fact. Its quite the opposite. Afew verses after Mary finds him with the priests it says she was extremely proud of him for his vast knowledge.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I've got no doubt in my mind that when Jesus Emmanual Hossanah Josephson got out of line that Jesus did get his buttocks smote with a branch. Especially since he was sort of a red-headed stepchild. Just saying.
And he approved of this sort of thing.

Otherwise he would be like Billy Mumy in the Twilight Zone episode where when the boy got upset, he sent the evildoers into the cornfield. Oh, the horror!

It's a good thing you did, son. You sent the bad people into the cornfield. Please don't send me into the Oh, son, don't send me into the cornfield, I love you! You are a good boy! Boo hoo, sob sob. Oh, for the love of something other than Billy Mumy, I am sorry! Oh gawd, I want to live!!

[edit on 21-12-2009 by kyred]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Majiq

Wait, wait. I am clueless about this 10 year stuff. Please enighten me. give me the references in the Bible. This is an interesting statement of what I have read in the Bible. . I want to deny ignorance and learn.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Quick answer: No.

Long answer: No, he didnt exist.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TaraLou

Spanking was in in those days.

So, if He was naughty, she spanked Him.

I don't see what this proves.

Is spanking still not "in"? It is a time-tested form of parental punishment, and therefore anyone who was born to a parent on this planet, has in fact possibly gone through it.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by watcher73

Quick answer: No.

Long answer: No, he didnt exist.

It is a well documented facet of Historical Record, and Scholarly Studies, that Jesus did in fact exist. The only debatable question is to whether or not he was/is in fact the "Messiah".

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos

yes, she did.
not a whole heck of a lot, but it was necessary at times.

and of course, she cried, too, before she even whacked his little godly arse
but she never told him "that hurt me more than it hurt you," even though you can bet your bottom dollar that it did!

no need to lay a guilt trip on the kid when he had such a rough time ahead of him already.
it wasn't about guilt, anyway - not hers or his - it was simply just LOVE

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
The sin Jesus would have been without are defined in Jewish law. If he didn't break the Jewish law then he was without sin.

no, it wasn't Jewish law - at least not the "defined" Jewish law (written by Moses and then folded, spindled, and mutilated for the next few thousand years by the Priests and Sanhedrin)...

it was because Jesus was baptized in the Jordan that he was "without sin."

he broke Jewish law repeatedly!
and wasn't sorry a bit!

just to clarify

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   

No, Jesus was perfect but He chose to live in a human body so for that time He was not perfect to prove that He would save people - I don't know why He bothered.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
After thinking about this some more you know.. the bible says He was a perfect sacrifice and he was blameless.. he was not born in sin because he was born through a miraculous birth.. I don't think this is the same as was Jesus perfect his whole life. Jesus does not claim he is God. I think people get the idea that Jesus HAS to be perfect because if he is not perfect then how could he be god ( the trinity)

As a christian, I believe the concept of the trinity is man made. Jesus said repeatedly his Father is higher than he is.. that No one is good (even him) accept the Father.

I believe because Jesus was a human he could Not have been perfect in the way most people think of the word. but he was only blameless and a "perfect sacrifice".

Jesus himself never claimed to be perfect in today's since of the word.. Only Man has attributed this to him.

With this understanding, it does Not make the bible out to be a big lie as the OP suggests. It is simply a misunderstanding of what it means that Jesus was perfect and where this idea came from.

[edit on 24-12-2009 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   

OK, I am here to tell you that Jesus lived here, and He knew exactly what you were doing, and He is here for you.

I am also here to tell a lot of young men not to be so ignorant.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   

nah, he'd just make those puppy dog eyes and it'd melt her heart and I think Joseph was an enabler; I mean probably spoiled him like whenever he asked to give more alms during holy days

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Explanation: Bumped to help generate ad revenue!

Personal Disclosure: Enjoy!

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

he was subject to human anguish but he did not sin on accord of his own volition, there are verses that say he had a fit of rage and trashed a tavern (or the equivalent) when he came upon men gambling and drinking themselves into stupors... there are Essenic texts which speak of him withering the arms of those who abuse animals so that they'd regain the use once they "repented of sin" or as the text are translated "become wholesome of heart". In anthroposophy it said Christ is the mediator between the tow extreams of evil uniting and nuilifiying illusion of separation and that he also was subject to the potential of sinning, but that he would not be sent to hell if he did because his incarnation was evoked by the unwise choices of man in the first place . On the other hand if he succeed and did not sin he would go to purgatory for a time so that he could judge all men by an equal measure of what they dish out. One cannot measure the worth of others unless they know all aspects of negative possiblity.

When he was christened on the cross that was when he dwelt in the metaphysical purgator of the Akashic records knowing all peoples choices and choices they would make had he not arrived. Expeireincing the suffering of all so that he mayu know how to judge the unjust

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join