It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Our Universe Be Fake?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TaraLou
reply to post by MAC269

We are not a computer programme - mankind evolved long before computers.

what do u mean ... I am sure that in the future we will be able to create a UNIVERSE in a computer, so we would be able to simulate, create rules, whatever we want ... the problem as I said, will it be possible to simulate our brains or to transform this universe in a real one we would need to connect our brains to the simulated persons "fake senses" ... its very possible

maybe it has already been done the part when you can connect yourself to another thing, to interpret vision, sounds and movement like you are some other person

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ha`la`tha
In my opinion, this thread is fundamentally flawed because it exists on the premise that nasa, et al, ARE airbrushing out structures on mars the moon and so on, when there is absolutely NO evidence to substantiate this.

well, it would be flawed except for the fact that anything that anyone wonders about is within a totally legitimate line of questioning.
(you know, the old "no question is a dumb question if one doesn't know the answer")

although, i do agree with you, as far as the basic theory of the moon landings being faked is one that is built on nothing even as strong as straw...
but the OP's thinking is not flawed, by default.
you know what i mean?
we must help rather than criticize
especially if we have evidence to the contrary.

i ran across the following, earlier today:
Did we land on the Moon?

check out the home page, too:
Theories with Problems

it looks, upon first inspection, like a pretty good site for this kind of thinking.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cybercrash
reply to post by operation mindcrime

I Agree. Didn’t Humans invent the concept of Time keeping? Did it exist before that? I mean if no one is here to measure it and record it and keep it. Then it doesn’t exist. Time is very different from different points of view, isn’t it? Indeed, what is time for?

This is pretty darn impressive thinking.

Time is very fickle especially if not 'tied' down to a particular 'speed' of passing eg 60/24/7/365. I can't quite explain what happens when time is not kept as it is today or what is different but what I can say is it becomes much more relativistic to the region and therefore creates an energy wave (due to the nature of group energy) around the tribe/group/region adopting and their method of recording time and more importantly how they would used to stick to (if at all) allocated tasks during specific time slots! (harvesting time is probably one of the early methods of the need or desire to keep time) And for sure its absence or local method once adhered to definately created much more tangible energtic vibrations relative to the domain. This is i believe is part of our lost knowledge and probably know by the vatican and similar powers that be.

[edit on 21-12-2009 by pharaohmoan]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Time is fake, time is control over your every day life. Time is for you to be a slave worker, time is a non-necessity without the government control.

[edit on 21-12-2009 by OpTiMuS_PrImE]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by donhuangenaro

Originally posted by Lilitu
You shouldn't trust Newton's or Einstein's theories of gravity either. They are just trying to keep you down. It is therefore quite safe to climb atop your house and dive off head first. Go ahead. Gravity is just a lie.

scientists do not know what gravity is and how it is created... they are just observing its' consequences and making suppositions based on faulty superficial 5 sense materialistic observation...

new observations in quantum physics show that universe/gravity could also be a result of a focused thought...

Coming at this from a shamanic pov I to am of the opinion that gravity is all to do with focused conscious intent and convergence of energy. Density as we experience it seems very important when it comes to resticting our minds to residing in a singular body experiencing the world from one frame of reference. In other words for whatever reason, we are locked inside our physical bodies it seems due to gravity which may well be layered and incorporate many other timelines. I say other timelines because there is an intimate relationship between the perceptive passing of time and gravity. As was said in a previous post time is no illusion, indeed for every waking moment denotes a passing of some kind of time. Reality however may be an illusion and a forced one it seems! I am convinced our reality is based upon combined conscious perceptions of what is and what isn't. It is those perceptions that lock in the energy wave that links or solidifies the feeling of actuality. The denser the energy wave ie the more that perceive it the harder it is to change or consciously escape. The less dense the energy wave and the dreamier the state as one drifts into zero time where there are fewer boundaries and attachment to the normal mindset/wave.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Time is forth dimension, movement of Three dimensional object thru a three dimensional universe.
Seem restiction of time, is speed at which things can occur.

[edit on 21-12-2009 by googolplex]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by pharaohmoan

Not trying to be smart A, we are not all locked in our bodies, at one times I was having more problems staying in this one than getting out of.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by googolplex
reply to post by pharaohmoan

Not trying to be smart A, we are not all locked in our bodies, at one times I was having more problems staying in this one than getting out of.

i hear ya!
it's hard to stay home when you can fly!

----------------------

Originally posted by donhuangenaro
scientists do not know what gravity is and how it is created... they are just observing its' consequences and making suppositions based on faulty superficial 5 sense materialistic observation...

check this out:

new observations in quantum physics show that universe/gravity could also be a result of a focused thought...

i think that gravity is the metaphysical manifestation of LOVE
electromagnetism is perhaps LIFE
information is literally LIGHT
and the nuclear forces might be related to UNITY or FAMILY or something like that....

but that's just me

i also think, well BELIEVE actually, that the knowledge and understanding of these things we all search for is in the hands of the mystics - the shamans, as pharaohmoan said, above - rather than either the scientists or priests.

the root of things is neither totally spiritual or totally physical
metaphysics is the convergence

like i always say:
TRUTH IS BINARY

[edit on 12/22/2009 by queenannie38]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
without reading one single post here so that i could keep my thought clean,
i'd say absolutely! everything that we know could be fake, with regards to the meaning of fake in this context.

but yes. i believe so.

[edit on 12/22/2009 by zooplancton]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

Thank you for the insightfull post Badmedia, as always!!

Here's my take on the issue...

I think people need to get a grip of the term infinite. An infinite amount of time/lives to learn what needs to be learned. Just like everything around you is infinite.
Man has tried to explain it all with science by looking at the smallest or the furthest away but every time we think we understand, we discover new insights.

And we will continue to discover infinitely because that is not the purpose of our existence. Life will throw up new questions for science to answer indefinitely. And like hamsters on a hamster wheel we keep running for the next explanation.

Progress is good and science has done many things to inprove our quality of life….but life will allow us to form our reality in every way we see necessary to learn what needs to be learned. There is no definite answer and looking for one is merely expanding on our infinite reality.

We all know the feeling of having reached the limits of our imagination and you stop understanding and you start to frustrate over why you can not comprehend. Instead of banging your head against a wall and going nuts, try to understand infinity first.

Have you ever drove a few miles and realized that you weren’t actually paying attention to the road or steering your vehicle. For all you know you drove over a couple of people but you cannot remember anything about the last few miles. That’s the “flow”….

A state of mind were you actually stop rationalizing and explaining everything but rather trust yourself to perform a task and trust the outcome. What you should be trying is living your life in the flow. Stop being distracted by questions that really don’t matter because if you look hard enough you will find it but you will not have found an answer but rather created a new question and have only wasted time.

Infinity does not allow for all questions to be answered.

I really would not want to come across as a religious freak ( Because I am not religious) but I do believe all religions have one thing going for them and that is the blind faith and trust in something that can not be seen or proven. It is a means of stopping you from running in the same circle over and over again and get you to focus on issues that are more important, like the education of your soul.

We all have our flaws, we are human! And we all know what is right and what is wrong (I am very sure of this). Life will continue to educate and test you until you get it right. And it is not an angry or vengeful teacher but rather a patient one with infinite time on his hands….

Life is fun indeed!!

So to respond to the OP's question:" Could Our Universe Be Fake?"

My reply: Is it relevant?

Peace

[edit on 22/12/2009 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
I do remember seeing a thread here that says the universe is a hologram

That is not what the theory of "the Holographic Universe" theorizes.

What the Holographic Theory theorizes is almost the same as the Hermetic concept of "as above, so below". At least as I understood it when I read the book.

If you were able to break a small part of the universe, that small part of the universe will look like the bigger part of the universe. It will have ALL the information of the entire Universe.

Remember that Atoms look like Solar systems, with orbiting planets around them, but in the atoms it is the electrons that rotate around the neutrons, and protons.

This would explain "unexplained, or psychic phenomenon" because then every one of us has all the information of the entire Universe in ourselves. We would just have to have the connection, or a link that would let us see, and use this information.

This concept also states that the entire Universe is not just made out of matter, but that there is a universal conciousness, and each one of us has a small piece of that conciousness. Most people just don't have a connection to that conciousness, and instead concentrate only on the material world.

This concept of an universal conciousness is probably truth, and it would explain the wave/particle duality found in electrons.

We have been able to observe that electrons do manifest themselves as energy/wave and matter/particle, they are not just matter. All matter and energy exhibits this wave/particle duality.

Anyway, the book is a good read, if you have a chance buy it and read it.

[edit on 22-12-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Advice: Accept nothing - temper everything you learn. This is the path to an open mind and ultimately the truth.

Understand that only a small fraction have desire to learn, with the curiosity of a small child - a much smaller fraction will vigorously search for the truth, at all cost. The majority are accepting of any information or conjecture/ speculation provided by organizations and those with institution credentials.

The "universe" is much more amazing than has ever been revealed; interlocked with multiple dimensions.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

HUman is limited by the end of space time, human infinity ends at the end of space, time, space in this comprehension of existance, to be able to see a true infinity would be to be God, Creator which would incompass all things even infinity.

The One is, what you are experiencing is the complexity, of the dualality, multplicity, this is the gross physical plane cause and effect, this is something that must occur in the balance, this is where it all crunches together, the choice is yours.

There is nothing new under the Sun, things are not as bad as they seem at times, it is really quite simple the Truth is writen all over the place right in front of your face, align self with that which is, always has been, always will be, and become at peace with self, all is not lost, all is found.

[edit on 22-12-2009 by googolplex]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Very good post Googolplex..

What you are explaining is how it works but not why...

Human is limited by the end of space time, human infinity ends at the end of space, time, space in this comprehension of existance

The school.

To be able to see a true infinity would be to be God, Creator which would incompass all things even infinity.

The teacher

I think it would be logical, if all this is provided by our creator, that it must serve a purpose....

The One is, what you are experiencing is the complexity, of the dualality, multplicity, this is the gross physical plane cause and effect, this is something that must occur in the balance, this is where it all crunches together, the choice is yours.

Indeed, our reality is based in duality. Balance is as much incomprehendable as infinity. That is how the system works and creates a beautiful trainingfield for us to learn..

There is nothing new under the Sun, things are not as bad as they seem at times, it is really quite simple the Truth is writen all over the place right in front of your face, align self with that which is, always has been, always will be, and become at peace with self, all is not lost, all is found.

This, however, is were we disagree. Become at peace with ones self and align yourself with that which is, is fine but not the goal.

One, God, Teacher..call it what you like, has a certain educational plan set aside especially for you....and me, and everybody else. And through this reality he will continually confront you with the things you lack.

"Nobody is perfect"....indeed. The ones that are perfect are not here. They moved on. Just like we are supose to but not untill we learn. Learn what?

Whatever life is telling you!! The clues are subtle but understandable...

"Listen to your heart"...very true!! Everybody knows the difference between right and wrong (i am sure of this). The tests you get in life are those moments that you know in your heart what you should do but are tempted to choose differently because of reasoning, logic, greed, hate etc...whatever your defect is.

....time for coffee!!

Peace

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Time is forth dimension, movement of Three dimensional object thru a three dimensional universe.
Seem restiction of time, is speed at which things can occur.

You're -wrong-. Time is the background of everything. IT is not an addition, but it exists before everything else. It's madness to think otherwise. Without time, how can anything exist?

Don't be fools!

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   

HUman is limited by the end of space time, human infinity ends at the end of space, time, space in this comprehension of existance, to be able to see a true infinity would be to be God, Creator which would incompass all things even infinity.

[edit on 22-12-2009 by googolplex]

Mostly previously muttered garbage.

Are you thinking on your own or regurgitating past experiences? Well, I guess we all do that. Then this means that you haven't the experience of your own imagination.

Firstly, Time is before everything. Secondly, energy is everything. Thirdly, how can 'human infinity' have an ending if it exists? The definition of infinity is "without finish". Also, what makes you think that we as humans have a limit as to the amount of time we can exist and the amount of energy that we can use? That line of thinking is completely foolishness, you see!

There may be some things that are currently unlikely, but not impossible. Mark my words, people will live longer. Mark my words, people will have the ability to manipulate more energy faster. Who in the world can say, "human infinity has an end at space and time"? What?!

Also, infinity, something without limit, must by definition be, assuming there is a Creator, the same as the Creator. Anything that is beyond any limit is the Creator. The Creator, GOD, IS the epitome of infinity.

There is nothing complex about our reality. It is not some meshing of crazy dimensions or anything of the sort. I'm positive that if I believe in a simpler universe that God is way more intelligent than we are and He was fully capable of creating a universe in which we live that is much simpler to hold together than trying to juggle a couple of dimensional bubbles so that somewhere in the middle, nature happens. There is no crunch, there is none of this psycho-babble mindlessness.

The reality of our universe is that it is art. That's it. It's just art. Time is the canvas and energy is the paint. We are co-painters, so let's not waste our time painting a lie.

The cause and effect of which you speak... Began as soon as the foundation of Time was laid. Everything since has been an effect (of course, instead of simple cause and effect, we have many conscious conduits through energy energy must pass - and these conduits must make the decision as to which direction the energy goes next).

Your last paragraph is mostly happy and true I guess. But, be careful not to just become lazy and complacent in the understanding that God is in control. It's a pathetic way to live. It's almost as pathetic as not understanding that God is in control.

Get up, take action, be your own main character in your story that is a part of the Greatest story ever! All stories intertwine somehow and you're always your own main character. Be a hero, be everything that you can! Indeed, -do- align yourself with God. Jesus was the first super-hero, but there are going to be more soon. Oh yes, indeed.

No more psycho-babble. Let's have some REAL intelligence here!

[edit on 12/23/2009 by TarzanBeta]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I think for some people, Unless they're there with the astronauts on the moon them selves physicaly. They have a hard time believing anything.

Rightly so in my oppinion. Give anyone enough time and the right equipment and im pretty sure they could fabricate anything.

As for everything they tell us about the universe bieng fake. I dont believe thats the truth. You can easily get a telescope and look at these stars and Galaxys yourself. I do believe they with hold important information though. Information that could harm the status quo here on Earth.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
this thread struck me for a reason. 2 years ago i woke and for a split second i saw nothing but a blank white screen. it was as though i was looking at a whiteboard.suddenly 'it' all popped back;my bedroom and expectations etc. was this just a waking thing or a quantum observation reality being proven [eg it isnt there untill we observe it] before it could fill in? but it was certainly a very curious event.\\

as for public consumption phsyics and why it may not be all there is to it,perhaps check out the books of Joseph P Farell.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

Pior to bang time as such did not exist, the human end of comprehension ends with end of space, time.
In mathamatical terms Two Googolplexs is equal to inifinity, Human terms I would say four , just to leave margin for error.
And my thought's are in part my own in part everyones, this has arisen from the Brick wall theory, of which I am or have been Bricklayer in past.
But the Brick wall goes back into childhood.
I am aware of much more than I have even begin to state, of which most of is from experience, altered that is.

The Universe is not simple but very complex. Enter the center of the cyclone, find a place where chaos becomes order.
You have made contrdiction to your own statrments;You said "Firstly, Time is before everything." You said "Began as soon as the foundation of Time was laid. "

Perhaps you need to ponder the things you speak of a bit more, and understand what others have writen more before making incorrect judgements and statements.

In reguards to Creator, The Creator is all things everything not much more needed to be said, be Humble before Lord, for we are only His creatures.

[edit on 23-12-2009 by googolplex]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Algebra
I think for some people, Unless they're there with the astronauts on the moon them selves physicaly. They have a hard time believing anything.

Rightly so in my oppinion. Give anyone enough time and the right equipment and im pretty sure they could fabricate anything.

As for everything they tell us about the universe bieng fake. I dont believe thats the truth. You can easily get a telescope and look at these stars and Galaxys yourself. I do believe they with hold important information though. Information that could harm the status quo here on Earth.
For geneneral purpose the fact you are here would sufice to say this is not fake, at least it terms we can understand. A good test for reality check, take hammer place finger on flat object, smash finger with hammer, use sufficient force to feel full effect.
It will then be very clear as to what is real and what is real.

[edit on 23-12-2009 by googolplex]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join