It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollywood's fascination with extraterrestrials as villains

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Hi ATS,

I just got done reading this Article and WOW, this guy gets to the point and makes a great obsrevation!!!!

Von Braun's theory as quoted below, is something that has always stuck with me. Why?? We 'make' enemies from other nations, call them terrorists, launch a war that lasts for years if not decades, and take resources and artifacts (if not their technolgy as well) Don't believe me..?

do a quick google search of the History of Hawaii and you'll find that the precious palace items that once belonged to the natives there were ALL removed, sold or given away to other govs, people ect. Only after a full generation has pasted, Hawaii has gotten about half of them back....

Towards the end of his life, Wernher Von Braun, a NASA scientist, believed that the “haunting images of evil aliens wanting to take over earth” was part of a government plan to “to justify weapons in space, based on hoaxing an extraterrestrial threat.”

Just before he died in 1977, Von Braun told his secretary Carol: “Remember, the last card is the alien card. We are going to have to build spacebased weapons against aliens and all of it is a lie.” In the mid-80 s at the height of the Cold War, President Ronald Reagan actually proposed a space-based weapons programme called ‘Star Wars’ . It was the ultimate tribute to the cult of the sinister alien.

This article confimed what I've always woundered or thought which was "how do we know if ET's are 'evil' bent on destroying us ??" WE DON"T. But, as many sci-fi movies I've seen.. aliens are 90% displayed as bad guys.. I can name only a few off the top of my head I've seen recently..

What are your thoughts??

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I believe you may be right only it may happened a few years later

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I think you should watch more Science fiction movies...

Lets look at this year:
District 9: Good aliens
Moon: No aliens

Lets look at a few of the more prominent Scifi movies of the past 50 years, shall we?

The day the earth stood still (Good aliens)

War of the worlds (Bad aliens, cause HG Wells said so 120 years ago)

Starwars (both)

Star trek Klingons = russians, romulans somehow too, other than that good and bad

Encounter of the third kind (good)

Alien I II III IV - Alien just wants to eat & breed, cant blame it for that, the real villain is the company trying to import them (Humans)

2001 good aliens

... actually i would be a lot harder pressed to find truly solely villanous aliens in hollywood movies. Predator perhaps, and that one with the flying jelly fish ... yeah... some 80ies and 90ies crap nobody talks about anymore, and before you say V, the V are nazis, its an allegory, making the true villains human, yet again.

new topics

join