It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hidden Meanings In Ronald Reagan Quotes?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I have compiled a list of memorable quotes by the late American president, Ronald Reagan. Most of them are fairly obvious and self-explanatory, but I'm curious about the first three and wonder if they have some sort of hidden meaning. For example, why would a US president make a crack about Israel needing to 'create' new Egypts for security reasons? Does that mean that they need new 'enemies' so that their allies will defend them? As for the second quote, I understand the first sentence, but in the second sentence he admits to government going beyond its limits to 'protect us from ourselves'. I know why we'd need protection from each other, but why would the government feel the need to protect us from us? Does the third quote have some sort of esoteric meaning? Could he be alluding to UFOs? Reagan is famous within the UFO community for admitting to seeing UFOs. What say you?

The greatest security for Israel is to create new Egypts.

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.

Don't be afraid to see what you see.

All the waste in a year from a nuclear power plant can be stored under a desk.

Of the four wars in my lifetime, none came about because the U.S. was too strong.

People do not make wars; governments do.

Recession is when a neighbor loses his job. Depression is when you lose yours.

Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem.

The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

They say the world has become too complex for simple answers. They are wrong.

To sit back hoping that someday, some way, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will.

We can not play innocents abroad in a world that is not innocent.

We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.

We might come closer to balancing the Budget if all of us lived closer to the Commandments and the Golden Rule.

We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.

We are never defeated unless we give up on God.

Ronald Reagan Quotes

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Hes right about one thing. society is not broken, we are.
line2
line3

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I agree, many in the us are broken goods but we are trying to fix that from all the crap that we had to live through over the decades in this society. And yes Regan was making comment about actual UFO's in the speech where he said that people of the world would unite if an outside force was upon us.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I agree, many in the us are broken goods but we are trying to fix that from all the crap that we had to live through over the decades in this society. And yes Regan was making comment about actual UFO's in the speech where he said that people of the world would unite if an outside force was upon us.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
From the man who made Ketchup count as vegetable in a school kids lunch.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I don't see any hidden meanings in the quotes . All I have seen is the Republican Party totally has totally and utterly trashed the legacy of Reagan . For instance take Cheney quote about Reagan proving that deficits don't matter in truth Reagan disliked the budget blow out he left behind . Having said that the Republican party does need to move on from it anointed god and build a more vision for the future .

top topics

join