It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Signals' ATS Experiment!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Must admit I fell for it on more than one occasion. I did finally work it out, but not before questioning myself. Lol, S&F for you.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anamnesis

Originally posted by dragonsmusic

Originally posted by woodwytch
reply to post by dragonsmusic

baaar
baaar ... OMG they got me.

Relax ... life is already far too serious ... we need to be able to laugh at ourselves ... it's being such tight-asses that causes the problem.

Not a good advert for NLP imho !

Woody.

I'm not advertising it.
If you read both of my previous posts and still posted this then you have no clue and therefore I care not what you say.

You're funny... You care not what Woodwytch has to say but you respond to it. I think you just contradicted yourself.

Yep... some folks take themselves way to seriously.... it is self evident.

YEah, so I guess you don't feel any need at all to respond when someone completely misunderstands your point and then insinuates your a tight-ass.
Right on, man!
Should I have turned the other cheek
?

See, you've read too much into my reply. I would respond but not with a declaration that I don't care what the other person thinks. To me that's a contradiction. And I never said or insinuated that you should turn the other cheek. This forum is for debate, among other things. It's useful to provide alternate viewpoints. My point here is that it's important to consider only the text on the screen when replying, if we try to consider implied ideas as well, it muddies the water.

I think that the OPs experiment shows how people look for hidden meaning in things when it just isn't there. Sometimes a mirror is just a mirror.

I misread?

You totally misunderstand my point and then insinuated that I was a tight ass.
So I made a comment asking if I should "turn the other cheek" when I was told that I had contradicted myself; which I had not.
That part wasn't even directed at you.
Why jump back in? Because I was right about your post.
You needed to defend yourself.
Ciao.
No longer wasting my time on this one.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I never saw the link but I do wonder how I would've reacted to it.

Not even such a bad experiment

It shows, again, how everyone feels "special" with attention, or how most people rather like to think they are something "more" then to rationalize the situation (something we see a lot on ATS)

good one OP

I do wonder, was the outcome what you had in mind or hoped for when you first put up the link? Or did you start it as a joke and expected nothing more from it?

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch

baaar
baaar ... OMG they got me.

Relax ... life is already far too serious ... we need to be able to laugh at ourselves ... it's being such tight-asses that causes the problem.

Not a good advert for NLP imho !

Woody.

I'm not advertising it.
If you read both of my previous posts and still posted this then you have no clue and therefore I care not what you say.

You're funny... You care not what Woodwytch has to say but you respond to it. I think you just contradicted yourself.

Yep... some folks take themselves way to seriously.... it is self evident.

YEah, so I guess you don't feel any need at all to respond when someone completely misunderstands your point and then insinuates your a tight-ass.
Right on, man!
Should I have turned the other cheek
?

See, you've read too much into my reply. I would respond but not with a declaration that I don't care what the other person thinks. To me that's a contradiction. And I never said or insinuated that you should turn the other cheek. This forum is for debate, among other things. It's useful to provide alternate viewpoints. My point here is that it's important to consider only the text on the screen when replying, if we try to consider implied ideas as well, it muddies the water.

I think that the OPs experiment shows how people look for hidden meaning in things when it just isn't there. Sometimes a mirror is just a mirror.

I misread?

You totally misunderstand my point and then insinuated that I was a tight ass.
So I made a comment asking if I should "turn the other cheek" when I was told that I had contradicted myself; which I had not.
That part wasn't even directed at you.
Why jump back in? Because I was right about your post.
You needed to defend yourself.
Ciao.
No longer wasting my time on this one.

Wow dude... I'm not even sure who or what you're talking about now. I'm not Woodywytch, the one who originally misunderstood your point and I'm not the one who called you a tight ass. But I have to say that Woody's assesment is looking like it's dead on. You've gotten yourself worked up over nothing.

Hope your day gets better and hope you have a good holiday... sincerely.

~Peace.

[edit on 22-12-2009 by Anamnesis]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by GypsK
I never saw the link but I do wonder how I would've reacted to it.

Not even such a bad experiment

It shows, again, how everyone feels "special" with attention, or how most people rather like to think they are something "more" then to rationalize the situation (something we see a lot on ATS)

good one OP

I do wonder, was the outcome what you had in mind or hoped for when you first put up the link? Or did you start it as a joke and expected nothing more from it?

Thanks...It started as a joke, but once I got a few negative comments, away we went.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Thanks...It started as a joke, but once I got a few negative comments, away we went.

Something else crossed my mind about it that I neglected to bring up. I thought it might some creative way of expressing "we are one". Still, not what you intended but it was more a positive thought. I am biased to say that I would have rather settled on that incorrect interpretation.

PS. Enjoyed the links in your sig!

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by vyrox

The only thing funnier than this thread ...

IS YOUR AVATAR......

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   

I'm not going to address the twisting meaning and directional thought patterns of the OP but I read your post and you freeze as clear as can be. And so I recongize but that recgonition is so simple as to have no percieved meaning other than it just is. This is what I see everyday.

I can't help but realise the request of my existance in your minds eye, and so I am. This thread is pretty disgusting but not much different from a loving walk through the patterns of poeple's inhabited reality being manifested. Now that is funny. This thread is childs play compared 'something that cannot be put into words' indiscriminate, expansive. Ethos of the high reality where I am right now, controlling this body from a distance.

Participating in the game is foolish. The depth of understanding is just not there in these people. Taken aback. You don't have to look to see.

[edit on 22-12-2009 by DarkCyrus]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Adressing people is really easy, all you have to do is say nothing and do nothing.

Only the people who can read will know any truth. This earth is not the end all be all. Us human's are not really even human so who's to think nothing could change.

I feel like no matter whom I talk to or encounter in life, im still talking to children. The truth meaning of my words will not make sense and the people whom you view yourselves as has become distorted and is actually less than which you think less of in the first place.

This cannot be the case for each and every person. Nothing is certain. Everything is split into segments of chances of changes, as reality is breathing in and out in growth and continual movment. This is not even scrapes of our true reality. Those who conquer this reality will never leave it. Who am I? Im certainly faceless and not represented in the collective personification of realities image as per faces.

Rabbit hole? You cannot understand this rabbit hole enough to go into it. haha.

[edit on 23-12-2009 by DarkCyrus]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Oh and btw your not the antichrist you know. There is no such thing other than what was distorted and created in the collctive mind memory frames of refrence. Its funny how people are not able to look at the refrences. I see it.

It would be best to understand before you respond, but that may take some time hehe. I'm not the one who wants your head. Before my birth began I saw you. I see you now before my birth as after in my state of refrence. Its allready done and has happend. I'm here and its time to move on. I do not advocate death and I suggest none others too either.

Protection however is different. When a threat is rendered a non-threat then there shall be no resurfication of voilence. Aslong as you are considered a threat to some, death shall come. Do you see the inherent "flaw" in vilification. I'm an impartial experiencer.

oriandropleisir

[edit on 23-12-2009 by DarkCyrus]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Now because of reading this, Im never going to click on your links again..

I win!

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Nice job using a signature link to amuse yourself at other peoples' expense.

This was "therapeutic" for you?
Humans are upright monkeys; all of us.
Playing pranks is fun; but you've manipulated people and you're thinking that you've got some decent kind of psychological info out of it.
What are you, 5?
(And no I wasn't someone in the comments in case anyone who sees this wonders)

hahaha, hehehe...can't take a joke huh? guess you missed the whole point of this thread. Read the OP again, you must be one of them who "think the world revolves around them"

homocentristic.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join