It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Health Insurance Company Stock Prices Say it All

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Health Insurance Company Stock Prices Say it All

www.opednews.com

Dylan Rattigan on MSNBC recently gave Rep. Wassersman-Schulz (D-Fl) a hard time about the health care package. He disputed her contention the bill was a big win for consumers. He wanted to know why the stock prices for Big Insurers (e.g.m, Aetna, Cigna, Wellpoint, United Health) shot up if this was such a big loss for them.

Unfortunately, he was so exercised on the point, he didn't give her a chance to address the question. It's an important question. Asked another way, the question is "Why are stocks in this sector at a 52-week high if this legislation is such a blow to their profits?
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
LOL

This Mega-Corp endless scamming of the populace and ownage of our gov has become so shameless and obvious anymore that I don't even really know what to say.

We are being scammed into poverty and destitution people. By endlessly greedy giant corporations. Now its the Pharmaceutical health insurance Industries turn, courtesy of their bought-and-paid-for puppets in the gov, to MANDATORILY dig into our pockets, or face the "or else" type of big brother laws and scenarios.

And they are quite well aware of everything that is going on with their servants in the gov---The sneaky, back-door deals and agendas, who is the on board players (most), and who won't play ball (very few). Their stocks say it all---As the story says, follow the money.

More violations of us all by these leeches...

www.opednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 20-12-2009 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Thanks!
Is it any wonder?
Corporations and special interests run this country,
and have for a long time now.
I say the people need some lobbyists lobbying for them for a change!
Just a crazy thought I had......
Star and flag!

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Well, I do not know any of the documentation word for word, but I am willing to take a guess investors know something about these insurance companies hinting towards increased profits...(duh).

Exactly what and how is this operating though?

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Who would have known that the next bubble is going to be the health bubble. I sure hope it does not pop .

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
That's capitalism for ya..

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
They got those ignorant useful idiots to go to those town hall meetings in order to show that the whole country is against it and that is false. Many of these people that where in this are in the biggest govt. program ever and that is Medicare. What it's really about is they got theirs, so F**k everybody else getting into the program.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
They got those ignorant useful idiots to go to those town hall meetings in order to show that the whole country is against it and that is false. Many of these people that where in this are in the biggest govt. program ever and that is Medicare. What it's really about is they got theirs, so F**k everybody else getting into the program.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by wiredamerican
Who would have known that the next bubble is going to be the health bubble. I sure hope it does not pop .

Well, if it does, rest assured, just like all the other bubbles and pops preceding it, it was all deliberately manufactured. None of these things happen by accident. These folks are all predators, and we are their prey which is being continuously fed upon. I am just wondering when the people are going to finally make their stand and put an end to this endless raping and pillaging by the special interest elitists who are currently violating us all. The "diplomatic" approach is so broken and a total joke anymore, that I am not too sure what option is being left for the masses. Our voices are nothing but a joke to these gov puppets and their mega corp / bankster bosses. We are nothing more than cattle to them.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
It's because the public option was removed, no other reason.
Greedy Repubs and Dems AND insurance companies would love to have universal coverage mandated without a public option. This would FORCE people to buy through private companies ( the "pool" system still buys from private companies), bringing a huge windfall.
The ONLY REASON THE PUBLIC OPTION HAS BEEN OPPOSED IS TO FURTHER INCREASE PROFITS FOR INSURANCE COMPANIES!
NO OTHER REASON.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Old dragger-You and I usually don't agree on much, but you hit the nail as squarely on the head as anybody could here. haha

This is another EXTORTION scheme from the elite and their two-party crime family.

When you are guaranteed a giant influx of revenue by extorting the populace, it makes perfect sense to start investing in the companies who are going to be the primary beneficiaries behind the scam, and whose lobbyists are the ones pimping the most to our gov whores setting these extortional policies.

Absolutely sickening what has become of this system. We are nothing more than a resource for these people to use.

When are people going to put an end to this criminality running at every level? It has been long overdue for a complete overhaul here.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

The health care sector has spent $263 million this year lobbying Congress for changes to reform plans, a government watchdog group estimates.

www.cnn.com...

Insurance Industry Turns to Lobbyists

articles.latimes.com...

Regardless of what we are told, the little peeps lose everytime.

[edit on 21-12-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Actually with the "unconstitutional mandate" coming from the crocks in Washington this is the biggest bailout for private insurance at the expenses of tax payer.

Their bubble will only enrich the pockets of the CEOs and if they are too fail, our government will make sure they will become to big to fail.

Yeah, capitalism in America when only the few get to hold the wealth

top topics

join