It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Communists living the American Dream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Amid the raging financial crisis, many in the US are left doubting the wisdom behind the American way of life. And in one enclave in the US state of Virginia, an increasing number of people are dropping the dollar and picking up a hammer and a sickle. RTs Priya Sridhar reports from a commune that is adopting a revolutionary way of life.

Great way of life, back to the old days helping each other out.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
thanks for posting this optimus. Actually they're just up the road less than an hour from yet I'd never heard of the place.
Were I physically able I would glady join that type of community. You need a solid system and people that will do their share.
What a great way to enjoy extended family! All that nice dirty farm work reminds me of when I was a kid working on a dairy farm.
Someday if I can afford the acreage, I would like to start something similar on a smaller scale. Invite a few friends to come build their own homes and practice sustainable agriculture. I think I will go visit twin oaks this spring and see how they do it.
My question is at what point will the authorities find a way to close them down? I'm sure they will find a way through child protective services or some obscure regulations to do it. After all, we can't have people CO-OPERATING instead of COMPETING. That just wouldn't be an AMERICAN thing to do.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by OpTiMuS_PrImE

Sad, pathetic, incapable of self development.

Competion brought war and death.

BUT...competition brought invention and discovery, life and peace.

Avowed Communists are societal parasites who are not able to succeed on their own. Your own quotes "The old days..." You mean like the ones were the "Dear Leader" would move whole populations killing millions?

Here is a thought. Give your Sh** to others; others who won't work as hard as you because they see you are willing to work so they don't have to. See how long it takes for you to tell them "Get a job."

You will vote conservative within a year.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by crmanager

Sorry to burst the bubble, but the parasites now are th big corporate corruption running the nation and America to the ground.

Sorry to say this but America is falling behind on everything including innovation, Peace has not been Americas war machine goal in many years.

And for voting conservative, this all I have to say.
dump one party of crocks to electe another

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

No problem man it would be interesting to check it out for sure anything out of the everyday craziness of todays world. Seems like it would be a great way to go about living it's simple and effective if you get a chance to check it out let me know what you think!

PS guys lets just stay on focus with the subject and discard the thread de-railers like they never came into the thread! This is the way all the threads on ATS should be treated ignore the de-railers and stay on subject of the post at all times no need to defend something when you don't have too.

new topics

top topics

join