It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal for Senators to vote Yes on Obamacare

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raven Hemp
reply to post by butcherguy

Not to mention the number of doctors that have stopped taking medicare and Medicaid.

What?

Medicare pays better than others on the 1500 (form) returns and they are far easier to get payment from than lets say... CUSPSO blue cross

Just cause you make it up....

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Watch the video...

The lying time will be over. There will be a reckoning

just watch it.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by Janky Red

I am not saying that it isn't broken, I am saying that I don't trust the government to fix it.

The government does not "RUN" medicare

THEY DO

www.palmettogba.com...

Op Costs - 2 -3 % of total claims

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualzombie
So funny how the right-wing has convinced the peasants to be afraid of healthcare. Of course, I expect nothing less from the people who overwhelmingly supported a b.s. war, domestic wire taps, and torture.

Say NO to healthcare and environmental responsibility!!

YES TO WAR!!! YES TO TORTURE!!!

And always, always ALWAYS support our President. As we know, thows who don't support our president are ANTI-AMERICAN! (unless of course the president is a democrat)

The war in Iraq was a shining example of media manipulation and crappy journalism. To infer that right-wingers, as you so broadly paint them, were the only ones in favour, remember that 75% of people felt the invasion was not a mistake.
Now with that stat in mind, realize that now only 30-40% think it was a good idea. Don't you think a lot of people who changed their minds are right pissed off that they were lied to?

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
"A government big and strong enough to give you everything you want, is big and strong enough to take away everything you have." ... Thomas Jefferson.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

I am not saying that it isn't broken, I am saying that I don't trust the government to fix it.

THEY DO

www.palmettogba.com...

Are you saying that the federal government doesn't regulate Medicare?

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
"A government big and strong enough to give you everything you want, is big and strong enough to take away everything you have." ... Thomas Jefferson.

Of the ten lepers that were cleansed, nine seemed to have been much more unworthy than the tenth, yet in respect to their disease they equally shared the goodness of god.
Ben Franklin

[edit on 21-12-2009 by Janky Red]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

THEY DO

www.palmettogba.com...

They fund Medicare and stipulate they guidelines to Palmetto, however Palmetto RUNS and Manages these funds according to the contract.

If the word REGULATE is the new goal I suggest you examine the paint on your walls, the food in your fridge or the current running through your computer...

Medicare is executed by a PRIVATE company, funded with Public money and regulated by federal guidelines kinda like Private insurance...

link   
I feel if anyone wants to beat me up for saying that the government runs Medicare, feel free, I am going to stand by it.

link   
Has this post been moved, why did it get shoved from the front page so quickly, below even older posts. is something fishy going on here!

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I am quite aware of how much of our lives the government regulates. I don't like it. I think the more that people rely on the government, the weaker they become. I am not an anarchist, but I feel there is too much government intervention.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

THEY DO

www.palmettogba.com...

They fund Medicare and stipulate they guidelines to Palmetto, however Palmetto RUNS and Manages these funds according to the contract.

If the word REGULATE is the new goal I suggest you examine the paint on your walls, the food in your fridge or the current running through your computer...

Medicare is executed by a PRIVATE company, funded with Public money and regulated by federal guidelines kinda like Private insurance...
oops, you forgot to mention deficit with the word fund. Yes, our federal government really has a good system, deficit spending, and now the states are learning to do it too. If you would like to be correct, the Chinese have been funding Medicare until very recently, whoever administrates it.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I feel if anyone wants to beat me up for saying that the government runs Medicare, feel free, I am going to stand by it.

Palmetto GBA administers Medicare health insurance for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). We have been a Medicare contractor since the inception of the program in 1966 and provide service throughout the United States and its territories.

www.palmettogba.com...

I wouldn't doubt it

why come here to discussion board if there is nothing to discuss?

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I wouldn't doubt it

why come here to discussion board if there is nothing to discuss?
Hey, star for that! Nice discussin' with you. Later.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
good luck !

happy holidays

[edit on 21-12-2009 by Janky Red]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger
reply to post by watcher73

Insurance companies ( corporations) are national entities.
Not some guy growing wheat.

Not true. They are exempt from the anti-trust laws and regulated State by State. If they were not and if we had open competition health care would be far cheaper. Obama is opposed to open competition and his hand puppets in the Senate are as well. They won't even discuss it from what I've seen.

What this is really about is replacing Capitalism, the most successful system ever devised, with a system that has historically always failed.

We had 12 MD's in this State who would take Medicare patients. One quit, now we have 11. We are screwed, how is it in your States? What is happening is the rich and powerful will have the best health care known to man and everyone else will have to make do with lesser care. It is necessary for what Obama wants that there only be two classes. He won't be joining us. He does not even care about us.

The current poles show as high as 75% of us are against this bill. They don't serve us. They serve the radical left only and to hell with everyone else. They lied their way into control, so we are screwed. Its that simple.

Name one promise Obama has kept? How many of you have read the health care bill? It does not even exist. They are just going to rewrite whatever they want behind closed doors and then let us read it.

[edit on 12/21/2009 by Blaine91555]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Originally posted by OldDragger
reply to post by watcher73

Insurance companies ( corporations) are national entities.
Not some guy growing wheat.

Not true. They are exempt from the anti-trust laws and regulated State by State. If they were not and if we had open competition health care would be far cheaper. Obama is opposed to open competition and his hand puppets in the Senate are as well. They won't even discuss it from what I've seen.

[edit on 12/21/2009 by Blaine91555]

Cross state "competition" would effectively destroy CONSUMER/AMERICAN rights and protections. A policy holder would be subject to the laws and regulations of the state of ORIGEN, not the laws of the state of residency.

Why should Texas laws be applied to FLORIDA residents???

By default the states with the least restrictions will dictate the LAW and RECOURSE to other states...

Constitution

Thats allot of power transfered to single states -

Much like the USUARY rates of DELAWARE - which are so high they are ILLEGAL in all the other states and MOST COUNTRIES in the entire WORLD.

Just like these rates are applied across state lines you propose the same to healthcare.

Certainly does not benefit the PEOPLE who foot the bill... Its a race to the bottom, the most ruthless and cutthroat state mandates will become EVERYBODIES standard,

Quality and DEATH PANLES

If your goal is corporate windfall that is a great idea

Your fart smells wrong and you are DROPPED or denied

Amen

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
When FOX News is so anti-Healthcare... or Obamacare as they and their mindless minions like to call it, you really have to question why they push such strong propaganda against it.

They employ the worst of the worst with the likes of Karl Rove; they are masters of manipulation.

And they have people completely terrified of Healthcare... as if that's the stuff of Hitler, when for eight years we actually had the grandson of a known Hitler supporter in office, the family of 'New World Order' spokespersons, creating Homeland Security, Patriot Act, Domestic Spy Programs, Pre-emptive Strikes and Invasions, Torture, Death of Habeaus Corpus, suggesting any sort of dissent is Anti-American... and all based on 1 very suspiscious perfect 'Pearl harbor' style attack which clearly gave them the increase in Defense Spending they so desperately needed. And those Fox news viewers ate it up with an American flag and God Bless America.

Now those same people on FOX News are telling you to be deathly afraid of affordable Healthcare that would require health insurance companies to you cover people even with pre-existing conditions. Do you realize how much time has been spent and money saved for these companies to figure out ways to deny coverage?

9/11 really was an inside job. Neocons invaded the Republican party and took it over, using Fox news as its mouthpiece. Now that Republicans are no longer in power, Neocons have invaded the truth movement, and turned it back into the B.S. Conspiracy Movement while continuing to use Fox News to manipulate people.

And the geniuses who watch it come away thinking... Yes to War, Yes to Torture, f*ck Habeas Corpus, fear the terrorists, Invade first, ask questions later.... ahh don't you feel safe....

But the idea of affordable Healthcare.... whoa, that sends chills up the spine!! Freaky deaky!!! Healthcare?!?! What kind of nazi fascist government are we that we want affordable healthcare. No way!! Insurance Companies... they are our friends and the envy of every nation... God help us... the planet has gone insane.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Polynomial C
This is why i hate the Constitution/Bill of Rights/Etc...

They are way outdated and impossible ...

You want to apply these 200-year old nonsense to a world that not only does not need it / but also it's impossible to apply it ..

you dont like it, go live somewhere else, cause it is not applied to the "World" like you say, just this Country. Now get the hell out out of here

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsblownbackbaby

Originally posted by Polynomial C
This is why i hate the Constitution/Bill of Rights/Etc...

They are way outdated and impossible ...

You want to apply these 200-year old nonsense to a world that not only does not need it / but also it's impossible to apply it ..

you dont like it, go live somewhere else, cause it is not applied to the "World" like you say, just this Country. Now get the hell out out of here

He/she/it will not move somewhere else. SImply because he/she/it knows the rest of the world is crap compared to the USA. We may be bad but everywhere else is Hell.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join