It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Games...What if???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Hey guys, I searched on here for a thread/topic such as this and did not or could not find one similar. If you know of one, sorry!

Anyway, my friends and I were discussing the new age of video games compared to what we had years ago. I had the Atari games, then Nintendo games, then Sega games and finally Playstation arrived. Now we have some SERIOUS video game consoles and games that are as realistic, in depth, and mentally challenging as ever....soooo WHAT IF?

What if there is or could be a game out there developed by the government, a private agency, or just someone with a secret that allowed a user to go through levels, unlock codes, gather information, and when you defeat the game or "win", you are rewarded with actual TOP SECRET information or codes that truly are REAL!

I mean the government could use games to secretly embed codes they can't break and if played in the online mode, they could monitor a user that was successful at it. They could then recruit him or her, or of course they could also execute him or her now that they did all the leg work. They could embed secrets and codes to historys past and future and let it up to the user to unlock them and choose to believe them as true, or just part of a story in a game.

A person that stumbled across TOP SECRET information that could destory a government, individual, etc... could embed the stuff he/she found into a game in hopes that someone ONE DAY would finish the game and upon winning get to see all this information and share it.

I think the concept is a pretty intersting idea and my friends agreed that if you think about, there may already be one game out there being played that already has these files in them just waiting to be found. What are your thoughts???

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
By the way, I don't mean subliminal messages. I don't mean that games are trying to tell you something by their backgrounds, or by weapons used, or by their storylines. I know many have talked about games that DO have these types of parallels, but I am talking about full blown UNLOCK of REAL secrets, codes, symbols, etc... that end with real outcomes. thanks...

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
It's already being done in the UK... LINK

Designed by TMP worldwide, the campaign will also feature streamed video banners in games like Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Left 4 Dead 2 and Assassin's Creed II

Read more: www.itproportal.com...

I'm willing to assume the US is already doing this as well. Project Eschelon and the Patriot Act are far reaching and pretty invasive. It would only be logical that they are monitoring the several million people playing on line games in some way. They wouldn't have the resources to track everyone, but the ability to track a couple thousand individuals on something like Xbox Live is certainly within their capability.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I'm not sure about the actual games themselves containing any kind of kryptic information, though.... Government's are able to use on line games to monitor the masses playing them, and they are also using them as recruiting tools. But the actual messages about secret information within games seems like a stretch. You never know though, the big guys in charge of the wordl have their fingers in everything, it's possible that they've infiltrated video game companies... just seems un-likely.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
GCHQ already use video games to recruit or at least headhunt potential candidates. SIS believes that some of the skills required to finish certain games in certain ways are applicable to their industry...

GCHQ issued a challenge years ago to anyone who could find the code hidden in their website, reward being an interview for potential employment.

Sendran.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Hidden codes inside innocent things?

Have you been watching Mercury Rising by any chance?

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Its funny you should mention this because I completed Assassins Creed II today and I couldn't believe the ending

Anyone else think that was way out of left field?

As for your hypothesis, I would have to say I don't think that's probable. The idea that they would let some scruffy kid who may have just got lucky unlock the secrets of human kind seems very unlikely.

They would surely have all the resources they would need to unlock such secrets.

Still, there has got to be some movie storyline in there somewhere.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I think it's more than possible, I think it's quite probable. If they have their finger in everything then what's to stop them using such tactics in such a high profile industry. Most every child I know owns a video game console and alot of middle aged men do to. I know all my buddies do. Some of them are unbelievably good at certain games as am I. I believe the ability to monitor what games are being played and to what skill level these games are progressing our abilities such as reflexes, strategic thinking and problem solving in a 3d environment will be of great asset to any who wishes to explore such a concept.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by BSG75
Hidden codes inside innocent things?

Have you been watching Mercury Rising by any chance?

HA...I saw that movie when it first came out. Same thing, but just using the new aged video games is my thought. They hid the code in the crossword and it was broken. In the movie case it was a liability so they wanted the kid dead, but thats my point...imagine buying a game named: The Omega Warrior and the idea of the game is compared to that of the Da Vinci Code. You do all the shootin, killin, drivin, but also you have tasks about finding items that have complex codes, those codes unlock keys, those keys unlock whatever and if your smart enough, and have the ability go that far in the game, it unlocks......oh I don't know...the truth about what REALLY occured in Roswell..
..or unlocks the location of Jesus Christs Bloodline (if one exsists) etc...

I don't care what anyone says...its a cool idea..
haha

EDIT TO ADD: What if we DID have codes or secrets from other nations that we COULDN'T crack? Why not place it in a game where WE as people think its just some game that requires us to play online...and all the while they are looking for someone with a skill set that begins to actually break that said code...I truly don't think its impossible for them to do.

[edit on 12/20/2009 by rcwj1975]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Video games, Television, Movies, Gossip Magazines etc - Are ALL there to keep you distracted while TPTB proceed with their agenda.

"Go on kids, go outside and play football - let the adults talk in private"

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
the beginning to the new stargate series is like the content in the TC's post.

and assassins creed 2 is like some of the ideas you mention.

some games that you can get good at allows you to experience subtle aspects of the creators "mind"; and some game environments are conducive to becoming christ like in your videogame actions, when you get good in its environment.sometimes in fps games, if its good; the skill curve goes up as you get better:meaning, you do stuff and move in ways that seem impossible from the way the game environment was planned.

the thing about stargate is: its impossible to attempt to have someone crack a file unless the programmer already has placed the solution in the source code.so on the pilot show this gamer finds the solution to activating the stargate from an mmo; but in real life the solution has to have been known to program in the problem and environment to a solution, i think.

but, i dont think developers intend gamers to escalate in skill sometimes with their engines, and becoming better is an outcome not intended;so to add a topsecret file or document to a game based on player interaction developers would have to precache a file or code in a way that doesn't seem possible currently.

ac2 has its files and top secret documents that teach you about codes and code breaking; but the solution(to the puzzles) is known ahead of time(from the developers perspective).

and there are leaderboards but they are not a good guide of if someone has learned how to interact in a created environment with set constants in a way that would warrant a script or interaction.

some games have a skill ceiling where if even you do things that mean success to the game the environment has no room for improvement on a player skill level:i think this would be the best environment to implement codes and attempt to recruit; for the sake of easiness.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
Its funny you should mention this because I completed Assassins Creed II today and I couldn't believe the ending

Anyone else think that was way out of left field?

As for your hypothesis, I would have to say I don't think that's probable. The idea that they would let some scruffy kid who may have just got lucky unlock the secrets of human kind seems very unlikely.

They would surely have all the resources they would need to unlock such secrets.

Still, there has got to be some movie storyline in there somewhere.

yeah that ending was out of the box lol

I mean ... WHAT THE HECK

about games ... yeah I kind it may be possible that they are doing that but, in what sense? in the sense of cracking some code inside the game or in the sense of playing the game in a certain way they would like recruiters to do

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
to the ac2 question;

i have to collect: just the rest of the feathers in venice, and do the races, assassinations and beat up events;and the last few story missions in venice.

i did watch the subject 16 video and i have seen the end of the first assassins creed.

the subject 16 video is different; and requires unlocking files and documents, like the OP is talking about.

when i get to the end i expect something outlandish; due to the undertones in the game and what the files are suggesting.the conclusion would have to be greater than the means of getting there or equal to all parts making itself.

after getting the complete subject 16 video:

the game implies

leonardo may have recieved some of his knowledge from the codex pages
the medici family knew esoteric gnostic truths about the koran
america was founded based on ancient knowledge
assassins kill people who are near a seat of power they deem unacceptable
god was not a large part of 15th century life
the people in the 15th century were all well versed in old legends pertaining other "gods" or roman etc..(a contradiction from the first game?)
even if jesus was not well portrayed in art the idea that christianity encompassed a whole was expressed through art
the apple causes people comfort in its presence and allows a person unhindered access to its powers;ie. tesla making devices, and the other people projected with artifacts, doing deeds normally: exaggerated by the presence of the artifact and its powers

if anyone read all of the following; it definitely qualifies for what the TC is speaking of in the op.as all of the subject matter in ac2 is presented "matter of factually".i wonder if today it is taboo to think knowledge beyond the degree you can pay for is the same knowledge ac2 attempts to express as the foundation of minds such as leonardo: and im sure an effect on others not mentioned.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
about games ... yeah I kind it may be possible that they are doing that but, in what sense? in the sense of cracking some code inside the game or in the sense of playing the game in a certain way they would like recruiters to do

In the sense that the maker of the game set it up so that as you play the AI reacts the way they want. You counter that however you have too (killing, unlocking levels, breaking codes, etc...) and by doing so they have it set up that as you succeed it opens you up to end the game where THEY want you too. And at that end is XYZ!

Example:

ENDING ONE: You play and beat the game but don't unlock all the codes or collect all the points, etc... so the game simply labels you the winner and you think you beat the game. Nothing secret unlocked, etc...just another game you beat.

ENDING TWO: You play the game and unlock all the codes and collect all the points so the game presents a whole new hidden level, that level has even more complex codes and stuff so now your into something beyond what maybe most players don't know about. So you continue on and once you complete that hidden level, at the end when you win it unlocks something the developer hid in the game. Say a website all of a sudden appears on your tv screen, you go type it in and it is a backdoor website to the DOD mainframe..lol. Or its all the files of the Kennedy Assassination in PDF format!!!

Or as I said by unlocking that secret level you may have had to solve a problem like a cipher, or some number code and it ends up that cipher or number code is a REAL CIA, NSA, etc... code that they can't figure out, so they include it in a game where the players tend to be good at this stuff and next thing you know YOU as the player just figured out what the GOV couldn't. And when you unlock it, it sends an alert over the net notifiying WHOMEVER that hey, SOMEONE just figured it out!

[edit on 12/21/2009 by rcwj1975]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj1975

What if there is or could be a game out there developed by the government, a private agency, or just someone with a secret that allowed a user to go through levels, unlock codes, gather information, and when you defeat the game or "win", you are rewarded with actual TOP SECRET information or codes that truly are REAL!

I mean the government could use games to secretly embed codes they can't break and if played in the online mode, they could monitor a user that was successful at it. They could then recruit him or her, or of course they could also execute him or her now that they did all the leg work. They could embed secrets and codes to historys past and future and let it up to the user to unlock them and choose to believe them as true, or just part of a story in a game.

Wasn't that part of the opening plot of Stargate:Universe?

www.youtube.com...
start at 6:58 for the game

Also a film called Mercury Rising in 1998, with a similar plot line, but with a puzzle book:
www.imdb.com...

also to a lesser extent The Last Starfighter from 1984
www.imdb.com...

...so not exactly a fresh idea.

Edited to add correct year for Mercury Rising

[edit on 21/12/09 by Daisy-Lola]

top topics

join