It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Speech from an Iraqi War Veteran

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
The competition will be a competition to see who can help humanity the most not who can screw the most people over in the name of money the fastest.These changes will affect EVERY COUNTRY ON THE PLANET EQUALLY.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by one4all

In the past there was once a country in which the most powerful people spent their life pursuing honor and respect while merchants who spent their lives pursuing money were considered the lowest of the low, valued less than farmers. This system prevented wealth from being accumulated in the hands of the powerful. It sounds like this is the type of system that this War Veteran is aiming for.

Unfortunately that would require us to go back in time 300 years into a feudal society, and it would require us to admit that all progress in the past century has not actually been progress at all but regression.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
It is not regression to eliminate money it is progression,the value of the human effort or what reward we recieve from one humans lifetime of effort can curruntly be "auctioned off"to the lowest bidder therefore diminishing the true realised potential from that human being and this is detrimental to humanity as a whole.This lets us use each other as slaves it creates an environmenet that rewards manipulation and the diminishment of human value by providing the least amount of monetary compensation as possible while holding the human between the hammer and the anvil by manipulating the cost of living or the marketplace until the pittance wages they recieve can barely keep the working humans alive surviving day to day.ALWAYS NEEDING MORE MONEY,AS BADLY AS THEY NEED AIR WATER OR FOOD,all of which they were born with a right to have.

One man working for ten pennies a day and one man working for ten thousand dollars a day is wrong period.

I think everyone is looking to level the economic playing field and to redistribute wealth in the form of resources instead of money,ON A GLOBAL SCALE.

We dont want a money based system of resource distribution any more,we want to get rid of the parasites,and relegate these CRAFTY THINKERS to the bottom of the ladder where their level of effort and contribution dictates they belong.

No one is willing to say that the regional governments of all major countries are on the way out to soon be replaced by a true global democracy.This is how we rid ourselves of a money based global economy,this is how we end wars,this is how we progress as a species.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by one4all

You are a Communist

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this vid, I really hope that most of his friends is starting to be awakening and the chain effect is getting bigger.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Wang Tang,Communist is simply a word created to create discourse and conflict among humans ,just like racism and predjedice,all just WORDS CREATED TO INSTIGATE DISCORD AND CREATE CONFLICT AMONGST HUMANS.

Nice try.There is no denying a world power,one world power that gaurantees an equitable standard of living for every human on the planet,and that is simply the undeniable future.You dont need to be Nostradaumos to see that coming.

No single country will stand alone in the very near future thanks to the internet.One world democracy,BY THE PEOPLE FOR THE PEOPLE,OF EARTH THAT IS.And all the selfish whining in the world wont stop progress,just learn to speak english and sit back and enjoy the ride.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by rainfall
Great video..

Unfortunately the vets and soldiers that post here on ATS will not agree with the guy in the video..........they want war...they want to follow orders to kill...they want to die for the world bankers...

PEACE and LOVE...

Why do people make such broad sweeping statements?

I'm a vet - 2 stints in East Timor, 1 stint in the Stan.

Are you saying, that without meeting me, you know that I want to follow orders to kill? To "die for the world bankers". That, my friend, is an insanely naive comment, and I feel sorry that you feel that way.

For every pretty comment and speech, there is a flip side - there is the fact that in 1999, the East Timorese people voted for a democray. They voted in favor - the Indonesian Military embarked on a scorched earth campaign.

At the age of 19, I was one of the first troops feet down on the ground, and my SOLE f'ing concern was to try and help the innocents being slaughtered.

I did NOT go there to "kill", I did not go there for "bankers", and I most certainly did not go there for a peverse need to engage in the glory of combat.

I, and my fellow troopers, went there with an overriding sense of devotion to country, and an unwarvering respect and pride that our country sent us to try and stem the flow of blood.

Yes, there are unjust wars being fought, I am the first to admit it, and it's a travesty that young men figh the wars of older men, who have never tasted battle.

But I would remind you, "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf".

Have an ounce of respect, or at least understanding, that not all soldiers are innane, homicidal beasts ... in all due (and due is an apt word), you would have fit right in when they threw sh*t and called the vietnam vets "baby killers".

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Soldiers are as guiltless as the rest of us who do a job.

Fight for your country without a paycheque and then tell me all about your heart.

What a crock,look how military families are forced to live,they sure arent getting rich,but money is money and employees are always loyal to their emoloyer through the pay cheque.

How can anyone in their right mind ask a soldier if they are doing the right thing??Is the soldiers family well taken care of,is money not a problem because it sure as heck shouldnt be when we are talking about the protectors of the realm.And if it is there is manipulation happening.

You see,no money for soldiers--EVERYTHING THEIR FAMILIES AND THEY NEED,from a to z daycare to retirement.If it isnt so then it is a business and people shouldnt die doing business.

Is my point clear?Anyone feeding their families and earning a paycheque must be doing the right thing.

The question is and ALWAYS WILL BE ARE WE DOING THE RIGHT THING BY UNSHEATHING THE SWORD AND PUTTING THESE MEN AND WOMEN TO WORK>

We the people will always bear the responsibility for the actions of the men and women who fight for us because we hire them to do it.

We will be accountable as if our own hands were on the guns.

We always be forced to hold the military accountable on a personal level for killing for dollars,because you see my friends without dollars very few would sigh on.

I understand the fight for democracy requiring military support,but last time I checked democracy didnt exist on my planet.

Democracys dont have black budgets and shadow governments,they dont lie to their people in the name of national defense.

People arent stupid,we all know that the money system has caused these wars and we all know the endgame,in a competition there is always a winner,we all know we fight for the wrong causes,but we rationalise.

There is only one way for a democracy to exist on the planet today,the past is the past.ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT,taking the fiscal power from the religons.

Who would want to die for anything else when we all see that this is the immediate future.

Ask a soldier who doesnt get a paycheque if you can find him ,you might have to look to some of our enemies to find that kind of committment,it doesnt usually use technology it uses heart.

And I am prepared to fight the horde if it threatens my countries sacred boundry.

Problem is with the internet I am starting to see how badly we have been fooled in north america AS TO HOW FAR AND HOW FAST WE ARE FALING BEHIND OTHER PROGRESSIVE NATIONS/.

I am starting to shop around and let me tell you these old clothes never felt so thin before.We need changes and now but we cant do it alone and other major countries are not ready or willing to make a global effort yet.

But I will tell you that it is us who need the global effort,people in third world countries may die and their culture doesnt really change,but our industrialised societies are repositories of knowledge and technology that need to be protected,shared and preserved.For all of humanity.

You see we are reallly all on the same side,we are actually supported by the people living in poverty by the billions so we can be special and carry humanity forward ,NOT SO WE CAN HAVE A PARTY AND SPEW OFF ABOUT FALSE DEMOCRACYS AND NOT SO WE CAN SAVE MONEY IN THE BANK AND ACCUMULATE WEALTH.We are suppossed to be sharing everything,hoarding nothing.

I know what I am willing to fight for BUT THERE IS NO WHO YET THERE IS NO GLOBAL CAUSE YET,but there will be.Till then ,I'll keep my head in the sand like everyone else.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Great speech, the fact he is speaking up will hopefully inspire others to do so.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by OpTiMuS_PrImE

I cannot imagine the amount of courage it took to even record this. The video, while having somewhat misleading video footage, has an excellent point it tries to get across. And I can only guess he's trying to wake everyone up, by letting everyone hear it from "the horse's mouth".

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
What this soldier says is absolutely true. The problem I have is when his words become politicized by others. We all need to stop thinking in terms of left/right and liberal/conservative. This division is what will ensure the government's stronghold over us. We need to start thinking in terms of liberty/slavery. No matter your political beliefs, try not to plant a red flag or blue flag in this guy's words and claim them as "your party's stance". It is no party's stance. It is liberty's stance. When any party tries to force its beliefs on everyone, it is not a free state. No matter who is in power, in never means less power for them and more for us. Less freedom for them and more for us.

We need to get rid of the monstrosity that has taken over every aspect of our lives, and shakes us down for every penny it can grab from our pockets. We need a small, hands-off government that protects us from threats with a necessary, strong military. A military that is strictly defensive in nature. One that can kick the ever-livin crap out of anyone who tries messing with the way of life that the founding fathers imagined. The way of life they defined in the constitution. A military that does not to the bidding of the elites for the elites' enrichment. That's a military anyone would be proud to serve in.

Anyone disagree?

edit for typos. grr.
again for grammar. doh!

[edit on 19-3-2010 by AwakeinNM]

[edit on 19-3-2010 by AwakeinNM]

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Power comes from money.
And money is harvested by the powerful.
In order to create more money... more power is exercised.
War is extreme application of power , in defence ...or in search of money.
Soldiers in modern times know this starkly .
They are told the Islamist extremists are the enemy, yet see their countrys of birth being increasingly populated by islamists, via migration and so called refugee programs across the entire western world.
Iraq is about control of oil flow and profit, as is Afghanistan in relation to gas.
The whole reason in large partis to shore up the barricade resource reserves against the threateningChinese and the Islamists in the former USSR.
It is all about money and power as has as every war .
This brave soldier is an idealist, and without idealists we would still have slavery and concentration camps of all descriptions.
But a soldier gets paid well, we all have our price?
Hopefully this person can get on with his life and recognise joining the army is about being ordered to do nasty things for rich people,that is life.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join