It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Speech from an Iraqi War Veteran

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I don't really have much else to add to this thread that hasn't already been said.

The reason why I am posting is because this is a very important video that people should watch and I would like to see it stay on the homepage for a little while longer.

I am not a veteran, I have not fought in any wars, have never seen combat, and have not witnessed first hand the horrors of war. But what I do know is the difference between right and wrong.

More people should watch this video. Then pass it on to their friends, and then their friends, until enough people become fed up and stand up to our corrupt governments and say ENOUGH!

America WILL wake up and do what's right, eventually.

End rant.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by OpTiMuS_PrImE

And indeed, many of our actions around the world are creating "enemies" for us. 9/11, for example -- terrorists did it because of certain US foreign policies. They said it was due to USA supporting Israel. So our meddling in the Middle East had created the problem.

So most of the "threats" we face, are of our own making, directly or indirectly.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by kommunist

That's all you have to do express yourself, it could mean one person who reads it will be inclined on themselves to speak their voice and be heard for the first time. It's a good awakening for people to see!

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
My thoughts on this video friend, are exactly the thoughts that brave man spoke.

My condolences to him and what he has experienced, it literally sent shivers and goosebumps through my body.

Ever word this man has spoke, is inevitably true.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this great video, optimus.

I do not have great respect for the CURRENT soldiers that are fighting today just because they are not smart enough to see what is going on in this current day as the veteran explains in the video. I do have respect for him though. I have great respect though for the soldiers that fought in WWI and WWII as they defended our country.

[edit on 21-12-2009 by fordrew]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by rainfall

ok rain fall, i too am a Veteran of this so called war in Iraq, i hated being there i knew it was a sham, I still wear my dog tags in a silent protest to all military occupation... have you ever been in a combat zone? i understand what he means when it comes to racism, and the poor fighting the poor. most of the service members i served with knew this war was an insult to our intellegence, both personal and military.

our troops dont want to be there, they would rather be home. our nation is spending rediculous amounts of money on this nonsense... and the tax payers are buying death in foreign countries, now afganistan is going to see about 30,000 more trooops. but did you vote for that decision? did the soldiers vote for that desicion? or their families? NO!!! nobody did.

granted their are some who want to kill our enemies, because they believe themselves to be doing the job for the greater good. its not the truth. but what this solider experienced is almost excatly how i felt while, enforcing martial law in regions of Iraq. its wrong, killing is wrong. we get sent to prison in our home counrty for taking the life liberty and pursuit of happiness from our fellow country men, but are regarded as heros for taking it from foriegners, in thier home land.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Polynomial C

What jealousy?Did you bother to listen to what this brave young man said? Maybe I can translate,love and respect for his fellow common man, truth, real freedom, liberty are just a few of the things he spoke to.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I have to say i am truly amazed how much this video has spread across the web since i posted it just a day and a half ago.

I posted on 20-12-2009 @ 06:52 PM

Am azing Speech from an Iraqi War Veteran

Some examples

Submitted by Chip on Sun, 2009-12-20 09:03.
www.afterdowningstreet.org...

20th
www.ubervu.com...

Today at 03:00:37 AM »
www.thirdeyeconcept.com...

Mon Dec-21-09 08:52 PM
Original message
www.democraticunderground.com...

theunityofallthings.blogspot.com...

December 21st, 2009 2:30 AM
www.thepeoplesvoice.org...

Mon Dec 21, 2009 at 04:37:13 AM PST
www.rbguy.dailykos.com...

There are pages, this is great to know that my one post can outreach to thousands upon thousands of people. Thanks to all who participate in this thread and continue too. It will help this message being conveyed continue.

Also thanks to ATS for a great platform to spread knowledge.

[edit on 22-12-2009 by OpTiMuS_PrImE]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

You forget to mention that we are CONSCRIPTED but it is going overseas that is voluntary, which if I rememeber correctly you did! I totally agree with everything else you said. But you can not blame yourself for being duped because we all were. The Whole world.

Originally posted by dragonsmusic
In American it is the opposite mentality.
The racism card was used by the Military in Vietnam to encourage soldiers to "kill the gooks"
Now it's "kill the towel heads"

I couldnt agree more the Russians soldiers acts the same way. I find it funny that the Americans and Russians who dislike each other are the most similar.

Unfortunate for me I had to learn my lesson that your enemy is human too the hard way.

Dooper used to talk about the gooks and rags (rag-heads), I mean I respected and talked to him a lot but I hated how he refered to human beings...

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bunker or Bust
reply to post by Drunkenshrew

Now that video upset me ALOT. Please make the warning bigger on your post, I am not so stupid to not know that that kind of activity takes place but it is upsetting to say the least! Worse than animals, I can't say more on it really without breaking just about every T&C on the site.

The speech was bang on target, I hope more wake up like him but I doubt it otherwise there would not be vets who have had multiple tours.

I am sick of all of this rubbish, something needs to change and now.

I am sick of the pro war mindless who think this can be justified in any way.

Population control? I can think of a few elite that should put their names down for first in line. If your gonna lead do it from the front I say!!

Sorry, somehow I am unable to edit this post. But I believe it is important to see these pictures and become outraged. The motto of ATS is to deny ignorance. Much of the information in this clip rarely makes it onto the television screen. In earlier wars the written and spoken word was used for propaganda purposes. Today pictures and videos have a much stronger impact. Coverage of the wars is usually carefully censored by the MSM. They fail to show the true ugly face of war. The wars have become sanitized.

Even if we use reason and don't believe the pictures of smiling soldiers, helping Iraqi children, nightvision video coverage of precisely placed airstrikes and statistics given by the pentagon, they nonetheless influence our way of thinking. It is important to counter this influence. Using a sanitized language and censored pictures is not the right way to do it. Instead the true horrors of modern warfare must be shown.

Here an essay, written by George Orwell, which says it all.

Politics and the English Language (1946)

...In our time, political speech and writing are largely the defence of the indefensible. Things like the continuance of British rule in India, the Russian purges and deportations, the dropping of the atom bombs on Japan, can indeed be defended, but only by arguments which are too brutal for most people to face, and which do not square with the professed aims of the political parties. Thus political language has to consist largely of euphemism., question-begging and sheer cloudy vagueness. Defenceless villages are bombarded from the air, the inhabitants driven out into the countryside, the cattle machine-gunned, the huts set on fire with incendiary bullets: this is called pacification. Millions of peasants are robbed of their farms and sent trudging along the roads with no more than they can carry: this is called transfer of population or rectification of frontiers. People are imprisoned for years without trial, or shot in the back of the neck or sent to die of scurvy in Arctic lumber camps: this is called elimination of unreliable elements. Such phraseology is needed if one wants to name things without calling up mental pictures of them...

...The inflated style itself is a kind of euphemism. A mass of Latin words falls upon the facts like soft snow, blurring the outline and covering up all the details. The great enemy of clear language is insincerity. When there is a gap between one's real and one's declared aims, one turns as it were instinctively to long words and exhausted idioms, like a cuttlefish spurting out ink. In our age there is no such thing as "keeping out of politics." All issues are political issues, and politics itself is a mass of lies, evasions, folly, hatred, and schizophrenia. When the general atmosphere is bad, language must suffer.

Rest at www.resort.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by I am i

Let the middle east rot. They are a bunch of cavemen anyway.

That is one of the most disgusting and uneducated/offensive replies I have read. This statement right here made my blood boil. Go open a history book and read about Iraq. I doubt you have, otherwise you would not make such a statement. The only cavemen I see are people like you. Open a book and read.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   
star and flag for this.
This needs forwarded, posted to as many as possible. This is exactly how it should be said. Everything he did say is the truth. Posts like this if given enough exposure would be even better if all were to just put down their weapons. All the wars of the past and present have all been for the governmental financial gain and power. We need more like him to come forward and say no. If the governments want war then let the governments do their own dirty work. Would they be so quick to go to war if it was them pulling the trigger and seeing what they see? Brilliant Post

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by DOADOA
This! Is! BLASPHEMY!!!!! we were there because iraqi's were jealous of our freedom. (LOL)

Its a shame really ....you have those that know the truth those that refuse to see the truth and those that make ridiculous comments like this who are simply retarded. The governments have conned people into wars. Pearl harbour, vietnam, both world wars, and now the war in Iraq. The catalys to gain support was 911. This video is excellent. The soldiers men and women are just pawns in the governments game. How cant you see it. OPEN UR EYES

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Double post please remove.

[edit on 22-12-2009 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
This soldier seems to be a honest, decent and thoughtful person and I can only hope that he is willing to quit the army too for his beliefs.

I do a lot of hoping so while I am at it I also hope that these awaken soldiers and most importantly.....officers....... will also refuse to round-up counrtymen when the NWO leader(s) give the order.

[edit on 22-12-2009 by zatara]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by rainfall
Great video..

This is exactly the point I have been trying to get across in my last few posts...

I am so glad that soldiers are starting to wake up to the reality of what is going on.....

Unfortunately the vets and soldiers that post here on ATS will not agree with the guy in the video..........they want war...they want to follow orders to kill...they want to die for the world bankers...

If everyone would come to their senses like the guy in the video...we could truly live in a world without war....we could truly live in peace!

Thanks for posting the vid.....it made my day...

PEACE and LOVE...

That's not necessarily true. There will probably be plenty of them that agree with this particular soldier. I know several veterans who have come to the same conclusion that this particular one did. However, I'm not going to take away from your statement entirely. There definitely will be a subsection of veterans that continue to believe the non-sense that is spewed by this government daily. Can you blame them though? We are living a very clever lie and this world is not designed for us to see the bigger picture. It is designed to keep us BLIND, therefore, I no longer blame those who choose to believe the garbage that is repetitively shoved down our throats. Collective thought is as dangerous to shaping reality as the information that we receive. Between the media using scare tactics and the politicians weaving the lie, it takes someone who is steadfast for the truth to look outside the box and remain there. No matter what, it is far easier to believe the beautiful lie than to look for, and identify the ugly truth.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Polynomial C
I Don't Understand ..

He wants to revolt against those who are ahead of Him (Jealousy) .. get over it, you chose CAPITALISM .. this is WHAT-YOU-GET ...
People like him WORSHIPS capitalism .. but yet .. they complain when people are ahead/and richer ..
His speech reminds me of a Communist Revolution ... (The Irony, eh?)
[edit on 20-12-2009 by Polynomial C]

First and foremost, he was BORN into capitalism, there wasn't much choice involved. I could be wrong about this, but, I don't think he, or anyone else had the choice of capitalism, communism, fascism, or any other ism before his father inseminated his mother. Accusing him of worshiping Capitalism is also completely ridiculous, unless of course, you consider money to be a deity or a God worth bowing to. If so, you'd fit in quite well with the fools in Washington.

Secondly, he has seen far more of the "real world" than you will ever care to see. It is apparent that he fell for the same lie that you are now defending, otherwise he wouldn't have signed up to risk his life to fight a poorly sold and fictitious war. The only irony here is that it took a soldier to see through the mess that our society is still stuck in.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
As a veteran of this war... I could not have said it better myself (reference OP).

Racism and ignorance are tools used against US. The US military. They absolutely DO use these tools to spur negativity and hatred for the enemy. Unfortunately these are accepted as truths by our troops. Most troops could not tell you ANYTHING about the culture they are a war with other than what they are told by the military. It is very sad.

I want to point out that 99% of the brothers and sisters that I served with are great people. They are honorable and truly just want to be there to protect the country and its people. The unfortunate thing is they are ignorant, many of them. They believe what they are told because they know no other way. The military recruits at a young age for this reason. It is FAR easier to condition a mind that has not fully matured and decided what boundaries are.

HOWEVER....many are waking up. They are asking questions. Most now know that we were not there to protect the US. Many are now realizing that we were caught up in a political game designed to create purpose and profits for corporations who manufacture war. Corporations who specialize in destroying civilizations and corporations who make money building them back up. The cycle of money is now obvious to most, and a great deal of military are seeing through their blinders.

These are honorable people who have been tricked. PLEASE PLEASE support the military when they return. They have sacrificed their families and much more in the belief that they were helping the US. A huge number have committed suicide at the rate close to 20 per day. A large number are now divorced, and many more families have lost fathers and mothers. This is tragic.

The politicians are to blame here. The military is something needed as a last resort, it is not there for preemptive measures. The military has no choice in the fight. Once they are unleashed they are designed to do one thing...win wars. WE must make sure this only happens as a last resort.

After what has happened to all the KIA military, broken families, and murdered civilians how can we not seek justice for this unjustified war? We MUST investigate and prosecute war crimes so they did not suffer in vain.

Please support the troops from these wars when they return....they need our support more than ever.

[edit on 22-12-2009 by Spirit Warrior 11:11]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Spirit Warrior 11:11

That is a sad shame i know they got to make a living to support their families but i hope there is a mass awakening inside the military sooner than later and they come to see what is humane, and that we face our biggest war right here at home and join their brothers and sisters here to do what is righteous for all their families future and the people of this nation.

Glad you could lend you point of view and experience into this conversation

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join