It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death penalty may force UK out of Saddam trial

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Great site by the way

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1
......and the hang 'em, flog 'em brigade are not the majority in the UK either.

Oh I think you'll find that they are. The vast majority of polls that I've seen from the British public, advocate the return of capital punishment.

www.ncpa.org...

Basically, as many people in the UK want the death penalty returned as those who support it in the US.
My personal opinion is that the death penalty has no place in our society. I believe people support it because they perceive that convicted criminals aren't serving long enough sentences and have an easy time of it in prison.

As for Saddam? I support my country's stance. Why should we use a double standard? Haven't we been accused of enough moral U-Turns without having to bear responsibility for another? There is absolutely no doubt that Saddam will be convicted without UK evidence. If the Iraqis want to execute him then let them do everything themselves. Possibly, they will be creating a martyr - I don't see why the UK should be involved in helping to bring that about.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   

The vast majority of polls that I've seen from the British public, advocate the return of capital punishment.

I don't doubt that this may be true, but a lot of that comes from uncosidered rage rather than a measured response to the issue. If it came to a genuine referendum I'd doubt if the figures would be quite so high.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 08:05 AM
link   
i totally a gree with you saddam should die, of cource i thought if that before

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 08:06 AM
link   
what is that supposed to mean

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
You're asking what was meant in the previous post. Which you yourself wrote. Not sure there's anyone can help with that question.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oisin
Not sure there's anyone can help with that question.

But if you could help us understand what it was supposed to mean, garrett555, that'd be great.

[Edited on 25-5-2004 by StrangeLands]

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Off Topic a little. Saddam is going to have his cut off on international TV. Its going to be a main event. Man I whish I was in marketing.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Idiot. Plain and simple.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Man can you imagine the circus Saddams execution would be. They should do it as a halftime fore during the Supper Bowl(UBER sarcasm).

top topics

<< 1   >>

join