It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Years from today ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Being the 20th of December 2009, do you think in 3 years time we will be looking forward to Christmas again or do you think, if all is to end....what state would the world be in this time in 3 years if we were all told the world ends tomorrow......scary thought.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by flylead

What ever is happening, my life will be the same.

Who knows, lol.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I'll be older, no bloody wiser (though my hair will undoubtedly be greyer, if I have any by then), still chuckling at doom and gloom merchants on ATS.
I will also be waiting for:

"Aliens r us Inc./Jesus/Mayans/Hopi/New Agers/Indigo Children/Planet X apologize for the delay. Due to technicalities unforseen by our seers we will have to reschedule the Apocalypse/Armageddon/Enlightenment until 2022(or maybe 3..though it could be 4).
Please feel free to reschedule and buy into the program."

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
It might be time to do all of the silly things youve wanted to do in your life.

Like skydive with your dog, or go to work nude.
Or show up at your kid's school intoxicated and eating cat food, dressed in a NASA spacesuit replica.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
To be honest, I do not know what is going to happen in three years. I will remain open-minded though on something happening in 2012.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by EdCase512
I'll be older, no bloody wiser (though my hair will undoubtedly be greyer, if I have any by then), still chuckling at doom and gloom merchants on ATS.
I will also be waiting for:

"Aliens r us Inc./Jesus/Mayans/Hopi/New Agers/Indigo Children/Planet X apologize for the delay. Due to technicalities unforseen by our seers we will have to reschedule the Apocalypse/Armageddon/Enlightenment until 2022(or maybe 3..though it could be 4).
Please feel free to reschedule and buy into the program."

Fully understood

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by EdCase512

how narrow-minded is that?

i mean i get your point, but your clearly ignorant on the subject.

as for apocalypse. do you even know what that actually means?

it means to lift the veil or reveal the truth.

i believe that's precisely whats going on today, tomorrow and the weeks and months leading up too 2011 and past.

"everything is not how is seems"

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Never even occurred to me what today's date meant. That we SUPPOSEDLY have exactly 3 years until something with galactic implications (whether positive or negative is to be determined) is supposed to happen.

When I think about it, I try to wonder just what the heck could possibly happen in 3 years time that would drastically change the way our lives are and possibly how we perceive reality. It boggles my mind.

Do I believe it's going to happen? That's a really tough question. I guess I'll just say that I don't believe it's impossible (sounds like a cop-out, doesn't it?).

But, in my mind, I've always felt that if something were going to happen, we were going to start to see the events that lead up to it in 2010, which is just around the corner. I base this off of nothing other than intuition. So, if 2010 is just another year of us all waiting for something huge to happen, and it doesn't. I'm going to definitely say (most likely in another thread just like this in exactly one year) that I don't believe it will happen.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Well, after all the hype, I'll be disappointed if nothing is different from today.

I don't expect sudden, one day change. I'm thinking changes that are in motion now may be intensified in three years.

I wish I knew what to expect. Unfortunately, when I dream on it, I see the entire world covered by water, endless, endless water. I really hope that doesn't transpire. That would take the meaning of 'cleansing the Earth' to a literal level. So let's hope for symbolic

I'm ready for change, whatever will come.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violet Sky
I'm ready for change, whatever will come.

Well, here's an interesting link about 2012: www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Make or interpret what you want out of it.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Dave157

Has it ever occurred to you that

"Everything is exactly as it seems" is just as valid a statement ?

I enjoy conspiracy theories as much as the next guy. My enjoyment comes with a side of cynical however.

Been watching dates slip by since my interest sparked in the early 70's.

With every failure to launch, it becomes more and more amusing.

Sorry if MY opinions offend you, but as they say

"opinions are like a@@holes. Everyone has one and most of 'em stink."

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by flylead

The subject of 2012 is so much like a roller coaster. About the time I have amassed enough evidence in one place or another, something comes along to tilt the entire thing again.

There may be nothing to it in the sense of the world ending... but if the mass of humanity can convince itself that it will, then we could conceivably create our own self-fulfilling prophesy.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I'm hoping for Christmas!

LifENcircleS

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt
reply to post by flylead

There may be nothing to it in the sense of the world ending... but if the mass of humanity can convince itself that it will, then we could conceivably create our own self-fulfilling prophesy.

This I could see. However the mass of humanity is blithely unaware of 2012 beyond the special effects driven movie (if that) or a general..

"that's to do with the Mayan calendar thingy right?"

Edit: (I always misspell calendar)

[edit on 20-12-2009 by EdCase512]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I am reminded of when Pat Robertson ran for president some year back. One concern was that he might feel that by pushing the button to nuclear oblivion, he would be acting as the hand of God.

Assuming that any number of people who were devout believers in various of prophesies, as well as being disgusted with current civilization, might then work towards an end that would make them active players in said prophesy's realization, there could be a problem.

I really never realized how unstable we were as a species until the internet started to spread across the globe.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt
I really never realized how unstable we were as a species until the internet started to spread across the globe.

You have no idea of all the different groups of peopel who believe in end times, and that they are teh right religion or race to lead the world out of this stuff, lol.

People at the top do really get power mad, and they think there is nothing that can stop them, in that position.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

haha, i was not offended. i don't think that's possibly for me over the internet.

i just simply did not agree with what you were saying.

like i said i understand you viewpoint.

prophecies come and go, but you gotta realize this whole "2012 stuff" is much more than that.

we are the verge of horribly economic times, and i have a bad feeling that government is gonna try to manipulate the masses for the worse.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I'll be in stone henge, partying it up with everyone, having possibly the best night of my life.

Then wake up in the morning, with a mega phone and a huge bell, ring it constantly and tell everyone that they are stll alive and get back on with their day to day tasks and enjoy the rest of their lives (and give comiserations to those who have sold everything thinking they were going to die).

p.s. apologise for the appauling spelling errors, infact there is a high possibility that this apology has some errors in itself.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Gut feeling.....I think a lot about 2012 was discussed in Copenhagen between leaders, either because they know something is going to happen or they could manipulate an outcome in their favor.
I just dont get it when all the leaders sit down to discuss global warming when its utter nonsense. I truly believe that if global warming was so high a priority, then why did most leaders turn up at the last minute. I reckon 2012 was being discussed, but many countries dont believe it themselves because of mistrust.
Something will happen......something

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Well I wont be on ATS thats for sure. Can you imagine what the last couple of months running up to that day are going to be like.. people's paranoia will go into overdrive!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join