It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where should I move to in Texas?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I currently live in Jacksonville, Florida and am wanting to move to Texas. I have my eyes set on Abilene, Wichita Falls, and Waco. I live in summers with 80% humidity a dew point around 70 and highs between 91 - 97 all summer. I do not like the heat but I also don't hate it, as long as there is some kind of wind I am fine with the heat. I like some snow atleast twice a year even if it's less than 1". I have graduated from entrepeneur school for small business and am looking to get a job and eventually my own small business in Texas. I like smaller towns as long as there is atleast 50,000 people I can live there, no larger than 200,000 either. Summer I can tolerate highs up to 100 and winters I can tolerate temperatures as low as 0. I am not so worried about the weather though. I like Texas because it is quite conservative and relaxed, alot of small businesses and not many taxes. I don't have kids and am not planning on that for another 3 years or so. Just any input you can I will appreciate it.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

not that I have any one place that stands out in my mind... I would suggest you look at the small towns north of Dallas. they took quit a hit with the foreclosure thing so there a lot of cheap props and if your close enough to commute to Dallas plenty of work too...

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
reply to post by Misoir

not that I have any one place that stands out in my mind... I would suggest you look at the small towns north of Dallas. they took quit a hit with the foreclosure thing so there a lot of cheap props and if your close enough to commute to Dallas plenty of work too...

I was looking around that area but I don't want to work in Dallas or the suburbs because I want to open my own small business soon and since those are large areas there are alot of chain stores which would make it too difficult for me. So that's why I was thinking a little further west of Dallas. I narrowed my search down to 6 cities; Amarillo, Lubbock, San Angelo, Midland, Wichita Falls, Abilene. D you know anything about any of these cities?

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
This has nothing to do with ATS or conspiracies at all...No offense to the OP but this board is for conspiracy related information exchange not home buying info. Try posting your question on wiki answers or yahoo answers. Or maybe even type "Where is the best place to live in Texas... I'm sorry if I am out of line here(which I don't believe I am) but this website is not the place for such a question.

LifENcircleS

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
you took Waco off the list, I'd live there...still close enough to the big city if need be....Abilene is nice to, only been there once. These areas are not as muggy as you are used to, and great ready for the wind...otherwise similar climate.

I live about 20 miles south of Dallas kinda out in the country...best of both worlds.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Do not move to Houston, Texas ... there are 600 applicants for every job ... unless you HABLO and are ethnically and intellectually challenged you ain't going to get a job! I live here and I have been out of work for 19 months. Americans used to speak English ... NOT anymore ... this place sounds like a third world country!

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I used to live in Midland/Odessa when I was younger.

Two "sister" cities, seperated by 15 miles - lots of desert and scrub, and more than ample opportunities for small businesses and so forth- especially in Midland.

A bit hot in the summer, but the stars are absolutely incredible at night.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifENcircleS
This has nothing to do with ATS or conspiracies at all...No offense to the OP but this board is for conspiracy related information exchange not home buying info.

Not necessarily, General Chit Chat can be for any topic you want to bring up.
ATS/BTS has something for everyone..........

My suggestion for the OP is Plano.

Good value on property right now if it's not right in town. Easy access to Dallas with a major airport and other transportation facilities. Large market area to serve depending on the type of business you want to start.

Just what is it you want to do ?

new topics

top topics

join