It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost city of Atlantis discovered?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Lost city of Atlantis discovered? Grainy images show city-like formations at the bottom of the Caribbean

A group of 'undersea archaeologists' have become the latest to claim they have uncovered the lost city of Atlantis.

The scientists - who have refused to identify themselves - have released a series of images taken beneath the Caribbean.

They insist the snaps show what appear to be the ruins of a city that could pre-date Egypt's pyramids, which appeared after 2600BC.

Source

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5759a35a0b8f.jpg[/atsimg]

I find it odd that these scientists want to remain silent, but I guess it's understandable since you would look really dumb claiming you found the City of Atlantis and it just turned out to be some odd rock formations or something.

Further exploration of the area in question needs to be done as soon as possible, because I'd really like to find out if this is a lost city. Even if it's not Atlantis, it's still going to be very old and who knows what will be discovered.

[edit on 20-12-2009 by highlyoriginal]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Herald de Paris makes “Atlantis” claims? Look again.
By Jes Alexander on December 19, 2009

WASHINGTON, DC (Herald de Paris) - Much has been made, this past week, about the so-called Atlantis possibly having been discovered under the ocean in the Caribbean, as first reported in our publication.

Look again. Nothing the Herald de Paris has published says anyone we’ve worked with or spoken to is claiming to have found Atlantis. Quite to the contrary. In the first article, we published the quote saying specifically, “This is NOT Atlantis.”

The Atlantis spin was added by MSNBC, and then further spun by The Huffington Post. We further continued to distance “our” reporting from the Atlantis myth by publishing articles denouncing MSNBC and Huffpo’s sensationalism of our original story and their adding the Atlantis spin. In the case of the Huffington Post, the “Atlantis” spin was so distanced from the Herald de Paris’ original reporting that our breaking story was not even cited.

Neither MSNBC nor the Huffington Post received our permission to re-print our exclusive photographs, nor did either media source have our blessing, or the blessing of the researchers to add “The A-word” to the claims made.

If you choose to condemn the media for turning an earnest story about some interesting research into circus, I suggest you direct your ire at MSNBC and The Huffington Post, not the Herald de Paris.

Respectfully,

Jes Alexander, Publisher
Herald de Paris et Cie.

Herald de Paris makes "Atlantis" claim? Look again.

Apparently, these guys aren't real happy with The Huffington Post and MSNBC.

Archaelogists Claim They've Found The Lost City Of Atlantis

That underwater story featured on MSNBC

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Well I searched and nothing came up, also the date of the article I posted is from Dec. 17, 2009 while the one you have in your post is from Dec. 15, 2009. My bad though I guess.

top topics

join